Running with a cold

Ok folks, we are not talking flu or anything drastic but a bunged up nose, sneezing and generally feeling a bit under the weather.

Had a run planned for the morning, not sure whether to try and push myelf through it, do it but take it easy or can it?

What do you reckon is the best option?

Comments

• Yes if it's just a cold. It'll clear you outimage

No if it's on your chest / below the neck / you've got a temperature

• I've never quite accepted the received wisdom of 'above the chest o.k.' as all colds start in the nose and may or may not work downwards.  Personally I've found that the for the first 48 hours or so of a cold taking hold I feel tired and my performance is impaired.  I find that the rest option means I recover more quickly.

• If you think you're going to regret it halfway round, no.  Otherwise it'll probably clear your head.

• Thanks for the advice folks. I did run in the end but a bit slower than normal. It still really took it out of me but hopefully it will help clear me out!

• In the chest? Give it a rest.
    Neck and up? Giddy up!

• Bear B.Hind wrote (see)

I've never quite accepted the received wisdom of 'above the chest o.k.' as all colds start in the nose and may or may not work downwards.  Personally I've found that the for the first 48 hours or so of a cold taking hold I feel tired and my performance is impaired.  I find that the rest option means I recover more quickly.

I know what you mean, and if I actually feel ill, i.e. the cold is making me feel a bit run down even if I'm not coughing up any gunk, I'd be inclined to rest and hopefully recover more quickly.  But you do get those mild snivvly colds which just leave you a bit bunged up, and if you feel generally OK I think it's OK to plod on, maybe nothing too intense.