Saturday 16th February 2013

Good morning!

Lyrics: Oh doctor, I'm in trouble

Over 50 years old this has been covered and released this week, obviously in recognition of Doctor OH's long service at his practice.

What: rest
Why: suggested by doctor post-op.

Enjoy the Southerns, those who decide to do them, and 7D enjoy your race: if it is the one I think it is it is about the toughest race I have ever run!
And good luck to all other racers: I dare say a few will be parkrun bound.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    yes indeed well done OH on 25 years. Such length of service I would imagine is rare in this day and age..
    Resting today Donaldo?
    Stickless - ouch, I hope there is nothing more than ego bruising

What - opting not to do southerns , instead I'll have a slow bimble around Aldershot as the youngest has 2hrs of swim training shortly.
    Why - racing 10 miles tomorrow...
    last rest - yesterday, too busy at lunchtime, too tired to fight back when the sofa engulfed me
    last hard - Tuesdays speed I reckon

lyric - I know one song with these words, not sure its the same one tho'

Race and train well everyone, and have a lovely weekend. 

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Friday by Joe Jackson.

Nice that your colleagues marked the occasion in such a way OH.

Sounds sensible Dustin.

Hope you're soon back out running Alehouse - and you NZC, feeling better?

What:                      easy run
    Why:                       have run quite a lot of miles already this week
    Last hard:               last year
    Last rest:                15/4

Lyrics - feel that I should, but I don't.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What: Easy session and that isn't a 13miler.

Smiry rain when out

Need a hair cut badly today.

• DD: Hope DD1 birthday went well

Stickless: Hope you get better soon.

• Alehouse: speedy recovery from the surgery, and I hope it has the desired long term results.

OH: nice one! 25 years? If somebody offered me a contract that was not fixed time, I might try image I am sorted out for the next three years, though: fellowship in East Asian studies at Princeton, offered to me yesterday. I think I'll take itimage

What: something short or something on the bike

why: alternate with easy after yesterday's (relative) hard

last hard: yesterday

last rest: Thursday. (def. not last night: couldn't sleep for excitement, and up at 6am bright and cheerful. Mental...)

• Well done, Tine! I'd be excited too!! And thanks for the kind words!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Congratulations Tinebeest!

The forecast fog didn't materialise but we stuck with the run today, ride tomorrow plan. 10 easy miles - though i didn't feel that way at first and I thought I was paying for my blase 20 milers and was going to have to eat my words when the first mile felt quite hard but thankfully it was easier after that and the last mile was the fastest image

• Aye,  resting today! image All the best to any racers out there - lyrics, nope!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Nice one OH image

Dustin - sensible option, and one I have taken too (see you at bramley al being well)

What 8.25m with a parkrun in the midle (pos sub 20...)
    Why - ready for tomorrow 20m race at Bramley (which I am not racing, but with the progressive pacing that I am planning should lead me to a PB....image
    Last hard - Thurs
    Last Rest - Tues

Take care

• What: swim then 18 miles (which felt hard from the start)
    Why: Loch Katrine marathon in 3w
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: Thankyou image

Felt like an an extra hour in bed this morning image but did manage to get up and out. Motocross section of route this morning had been turned into steeplechase (at least there were a few significant water jumps). Passing my parked car again at 12 miles - required a bit of willpower.

Tinebeast  Congratulations imageimage
    (although it has to be said that not everyone welcomes a 3 year stint at Princeton image )

• Tinebeest: wow - what an offer! I'd take that too. Princeton!! Huge congrats image

OH: congrats on your work anniversary image

LMH: nice running, despite feeling rubbish at the beginning.

Good luck at Bramley, RFJ and Dustin.

what: 5 miles easy, lunges & core
    why: recovery day, but I really need to do more core!
    last hard: most of the core stuff image
    last rest: Monday

• Woah, congrats Tinebeest. Just waiting on Phd stuff myself at the moment.

Good running LMH, Birkmyre, RFJ, Other Half, and best of luck tomorrow Dustin.

Two races today. Bit macho perhaps but no regrets thus far, apart from being pretty knackered. Penn Flash parkrun in 19.58 was alright enough, took it easy on lap three, mindful of Parbold Hill in the afternoon. That was 6.75M, lots of hills and mud and some technical sections too. The eponymous hill of the race was a real brute but I managed to keep on trucking, coming in 65/481, or 31/131 in category. Thank the lord for fell shoes, when I recce'd this I did it in trail shoes in better conditions and was sliding all over the show.

• 7d - it wasn't that long ago I remember you working to crack the 20 for 5k, now it's just a warm up! Well done.

chickadeee - I find that swimming is good for core strength. Can you front crawl? Good cross training too.

Will that be your last LSR before Loch Katrine OH?

Go well tomorrow Dustin and RFJ.

• Well done 7D, or rather double well done: was Parbold the toughest race you have done since you have been a "real" runner?!

• It was either this one or Dovestone Diamond, which was more about me being ill-prepared and it being really hot, that said I wasn't a 'real' runner then so the short answer is yes! Lakeland Trails HM was longer (obviously) and hillier but was much more runnable.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

congrats 7D on the super double!
    Tine - wowzer, congrats!
    I've seen the photos from Parly Hill, glad I avoided that mudfest! Wabo did you make it through the swamps???