2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Teknik good luck with Bramley and well done on the club run - poor souls probably didn't know what hit them! image

Also good luck to NN! image

F

• Jason the CBA was due to work and home stuff my legs are feeling greatimage and also better for taking a rest day.Well done on the double and todays runimage enjoy tomorrows long run.

Sm6 well done on yesterdays run good luck with the 12 and 20 back to back, you will be fine.

SC well done today and good luck with your first 20 make sure you take a gel with you as it will help.

Teknik you been reading that book? no mention of HR in your postimage well done with the hill work and enjoy tomorrows 20.image

Fiona "Honey" for the throat image Sun out here this morning and the best running conditions so far this yearimage Only did 8.4 miles with my mate this morning so just short of 80+ miles week ends on Running 79 miles Swimming 1.8 milesimage Out tomorrow for 22 milesimage

• Fiona good luck on your half tomorrow.

Teknik good luck on your race tomorrow. 

• NP,Teknik! Jason d, Mace all good 8 s

Stuart m 6 , good bit of cross training, all helps

Not a great nights sleep but still headed out to do my long run, nice conditions here in Brum for running.

23 miles @ 3.26 , av HR 151 , 8.58 av / m

8.52,8.49,8.46,8.39,8.55,9.28,8.50,9.03,8.57,9.01,9.16,8.51,8.52,8.57,9.00,9.09,

Distance Pb so pretty happy, not sure about heart rate as still not sure what my maximum is.

Time to put the feet up!
  • Fiona- hope the throat eases and good luck for tomorrow. This was about the 6th "trial" - we are just doing them unofficially until our launch next month image

NP- glad the legs are ok! Good mileage- enjoy the 22 tomorrow image

Tek- nice running- all the best for tomorrow! image

MG1- nice 23 image

I see Mo Farah is running VLM- or at least the first half as preparation for debuting over the full next year. Halfway? What a lightweight! image
  • I reckon they'll need a big bloke with a butterfly net at the halfway point to catch him - imagine running near the front and having to stop when you're so competitive! image

Hope the weather holds for your 22 NP.

MG1 nice 23.

F

• MG1 lovely long run , good consistant pace too, I have never done 23 in training, may venture to those dizzy heights in a couple of weeks though

Jason more fast miles amazing, so what is tomorrow gruelfest ?

SM6 hope tomorrows MLR goes well on fresh legs

SC hope your son is ok, and good luck with your first 20 image

Mace glad you enhoyed the stride session, they are my favourite session a bit of everything image and it makes me concentrate and think about form (mine is appalling apparently )image

Tek thanks for reminding everyone about my race image no getting away from it now..image hoping to better last years time of 1.19 quite hilly though. Good luck for tomorrows Bramley 20 and one NP as with one Jason is enough thanks so you stick with the rest of us normal people who only run 50-70 miles a week image

Fiona vit c and echinacea nip it in the bud...hope it comes to nothing

NP have a good 22

I had to go shopping for bloody safety pins!!! can you believe it ? I must have used 10000s over the years and couldnt find one sodding one this afternoon..image 

• Fiona- he doesn't have to stop - he could just run the whole race!

NN- lol at safety pins! I keep mine in a small pocket on my running bag- must be scores of them! Best of luck for the raceimage my gruellfest tomorrow is running 8m, followed by 2m at MP in time to get to the start of a 10m race which I am going to run at MP. So basically 20m with12 at mp with company image

Ran a strange 4m recovery run tonight- much quicker than normal, but same effort- hoping this is a good sign! image Soon find out! image
  • MG - Nice long runimage

NP - Good weeks training there!

Jason/Tek/Fiona/NN - Good luck with the various races tomorrow. What distance are you racing NN?

• Mace, a good 8 miles in the bank

Tek, I enjoyed the class, good luck tomorrow and I bet they loved you after that session

NP, good totals again enjoy the 22, I don't have any gels, jelly babies will have to do

MG1, awesome running well done

NN, my son is on the mend blood test came not sure what they are measuring but it now below 10 it was above 50, hopefully they will let him home on Monday, good luck tomorrow hope you get that course PB

Jason, good luck tomorrow 20 with a race in the middle,

Fiona, I'm going to run most of the HM route and then down the canal to dochgarroch and back
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stewart,

Good to hear your son is getting better.

--------

Good luck to everyone racing today.  No running yesterday from me as I took advantage of having an empty flat & did a lot of tidying while Chris was out. However will be getting out today.

• macemace ✭✭✭

All the best for today's racers .... Nurse, Fiona, Tek, jason

• Stewart - Glad to hear your son is getting betterimage

HM - Enjoy your run later

---------

9.85 miles @ 9.14, should have been a wee bit longer but I needed to get home. Still nice and easy legs feel good. 20 tomorrow.

Had a wee snoop at some of the parkrun results, to see how some of the guys that usually run around my time get on at a flatter course. 2 guys that I beat fairly regularly went under 20 minutes yesterday, which was good to seeimage

• SM6- nice runimage

Well today didn't go to plan for me! Ran the first 10 as planned, but the gale force headwind from 7-10m saw me fighting to get back to the start in time- lol! Wasn't happy realising that i would have to face this again!! Got back to start, but no time for drink before the off. Had a drink at 13m- in hindsight too much and was promptly sick for the next mile or so, prompting 2 stops. this along with the wind made me decide to ditch the mp effort and just run it easily. Still miles in the bank!image 20.01m in 2.21.20 (7.03  av)

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stuart,

Thanks.  I did enjoy it.  Did 2 miles.  Well done on your run.

Jason

Well done.

• HM4, well done getting out is was a lovely spring day up here

SM6, another good easy run under the belt, hope the 20 goes equally as well tomorrow

Jason, a tough run, but you listened to the body and adjusted, still speedy though

Well I've done it my first 20 mile run and I feeling a lot better than I thought I would, yes I've got aches and I'm tired but it is a bit of a treck image

/members/images/696098/Gallery/17Feb.jpg

20.09m @10:40mm avgHR 151(79%) 

I'm actual very pleased with myself and this run has given me a fair bit of confidence for the full in 8 week's time.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stewart,

Well done.  It was hat & gloves weather as it was about 3C & foggy but then the sun started breaking thru.

• SM6 nice run and hope the 20 goes well for you tomorrow.

SC not sure what they could be measuring there but that looks a significant improvement in the bloods brilliant news.

Jason still a very impresive 20 miler well done it ...looks like everywhere was sodding windy my car was being blown all over the place as I drove to my race and its a hilly enough course without the added wind to hamper a decent time

Still managed to run ok and get my course pb by 2 mins

1.17.14 .

..7.35..7.32..7.27.....then up...8.12. .7.21..7.36..climbing up again  7.47..7.48..8.17..nice flat finish twice round a track.. 7.18..

Got my half in 2 weeks on a flatter course than today's 10 so hoping to get shot of those plus 8 min miles  ..

• Cross post..

SC well done brilliant 20 !!!

• NN, congrats on the course PB,

HM4, the weather here is lovely, blue sky's a light breeze, shorts and it should have been a T shirt
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Fiona how was the half?

NP hope the 22 went ok today

MG excellent 23 miler with pretty even splits - very well doneimage

Jason ouch that sounded tough - well done on the 20m in the bank though

NN well done on your Plymouth course PBimage. Nice running !!

Stewart very well done on your first 20 miler - big confidence booster!!

HM well done on the flat tidying and I'm glad you got out today - well done

mace - thanks...HR stats for you belowimage

Stuart nice 9.85m Saturday. Sounds like good news on the parkie front. Hope the 20 went ok

---

Bramley 20 for me.  Pretty flat course, 2 laps, couple of easy hills in mile 6/16 and 8/18. I intended to run the first lap with a 75% ceiling, and the second lap at 8mm to see how that felt as a MP. Didn't quite manage the back-end 8mmm, thoughimage

1)  - 1m - 7:59(7:59/m) - 154bpm  (72%)

2)  - 1m - 8:08(8:08/m) - 149bpm  (70%)

3)  - 1m - 8:04(8:04/m) - 150bpm  (70%)

4)  - 1m - 8:15(8:16/m) - 152bpm  (71%)

5)  - 1m - 8:19(8:19/m) - 154bpm  (72%)

6)  - 1m - 8:29(8:29/m) - 156bpm  (73%)

7)  - 1m - 8:29(8:29/m) - 156bpm  (73%)

8)  - 1m - 8:24(8:24/m) - 159bpm  (75%)

9)  - 1m - 8:27(8:27/m) - 160bpm  (75%)

10) - 1m - 8:18(8:18/m) - 160bpm  (75%)

11)  - 1m - 8:07(8:07/m) - 165bpm (77%)

12)  - 1m - 7:54(7:54/m) - 170bpm  (80%)

13)  - 1m - 7:56(7:56/m) - 171bpm  (80%)

14)  - 1m - 8:13(8:13/m) - 169bpm  (80%)

15)  - 1m - 8:03(8:03/m) - 172bpm  (81%)

16)  - 1m - 8:09(8:09/m) - 175bpm  (83%)

17)  - 1m - 8:11(8:11/m) - 179bpm  (85%)

18)  - 1m - 8:04(8:04/m) - 178bpm  (85%)

19)  - 1m - 7:59(8:00/m) - 181bpm   (86%)

20)  - 1m - 7:55(7:55/m) - 182bpm   (86%)

Overall, smugly pleased image 2h43 compared to 3h06 back in August 2012 for the (flat) Enigma 20...

• Tek, great running, got to be pleased with a 15 minute improvement, what is the hr range are you looking to hit during the marathon?
  • Tek superb image quite right to be smug

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

thanks NNimage

Stewart - 23mins mateimage.  I think I'm going to stick to the Hadd 10 mile test pace (which won't probably be higher than 83%) for the first half.  Then, as I tend to drift a lot (as above), I'll probably throw the Garmin away and hope I can hang on...image

weekly stats: 70.7m @ 9.00mm av @ 72%max av.

• My arithmetic skills suck sorry, sounds like a good plan, I'm just going to stick to 10mm and see how I feel in the last 6 miles
  • Wow great run Teknik and what an improvement! imageimage

NN a PB for you too, great running! imageimage

Hope you had a good run HM4.

jason you did well to hang in there and that is a very brisk pace for a long run image

Stewart great news on your son's improvement. Hope you get him home tomorrow. Great 20 there and every reason to be confident.

Nice running Stuart and hope the 20 goes well tomorrow.

A rubbish night's sleep as right knee just felt hot and sore all night. Not too bad this morning but a good day for a run so just got on with it. Arrived early, picked up number and bumped into a lot of folks to chat to. Then we were taken by bus to Kinloss for the start. Did a half mile warm up!! (first ever for a half) Decided just to run with 2 other Invernes ladies as far as they were at my pace (which turned out all way) so had a really good even paced run I think, will get onto Fetch soon to download it. I never felt as bad as I have done in other halfs and really enjoyed it, HR around 5bpm lower than for others (av 177). Could not believe it when I crossed the line and stopped the Garmin at 1:30:36 - a 2:15 PB. image Feel like I could run again now so happy with that. Also 2nd FV and 1st was just a few seconds ahead (one of the ladies I ran with). A good day! image

F

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Great run Fiona !  Awesome timeimageimage

• Wow Fiona well done brilliant time , well deserved, you are dedicated and motivated image

• MG1 great running and 23 miles in the bankimage

SC thats great news about the sonimage  Also well done on your first 20 mile runimage great for the confidence but don't forget thats only half wayimage.

SM6 More miles into the bank.

Jason great running and like you said more miles in the bank and a great avg for the full 20 miles.

HM4 Well done on the 2 miles nice to see you get out in the fresh air.

NN fantastic race result and PB by 2 mins thats also another few miles in the VLM bank imageimageimageimageimage

Teknik great result on the 20mile race and PB imageimageimageimageimage You have the endurance the speed you can work onimage

Well another 22 miles in the bank this morning only issue was running into the wind for around 15 miles of themimage and a toilet stop at mile 20. overall avg 7:32.

• imageimageimageFiona cross post, WOW fantastic running and a great PB by 2 minsimageimageimageimageimage also on the plus side is it was after a poor nights sleep and  you also feel as if you could go againimage