ale: Just when you were posting !

Comments

• Morning.

What:                 LSR
    Why:                  didn't do one yesterday
    Last hard:          last year
    Last rest:           15/2

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Blisters - enjoy the mara training...
    NZC - well done on getting the run done. Speaking of NZ, where's M?
    Not had a full read back , but has Wabo checked in after the Southerns?
    what - 6 easy miles
    why - recovery
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - friday

lyric - yes. Funnily enough there was a report about these type of people in the Times yesterday.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: not sure yet, maybe something gentle
    Why: been to doc.  He's taken off the cast, but wrist is still really painful.  Not sure if it's still not healed, or if it's sore from not being used for 2 weeks.

Birks that's late!
    LMH lots of good long runs going on at the moment.

Have a good one all.

• Morning!

Another beautiful bright day. But cold. No heatwave here, NZC!

Dustin:  I wondered yesterday about M, and also about Wabo...not so much about surviving the Southerns, but getting out for the planned 15 yesterday! That will have been tough after the best part of an hour ploughing through what I imagine was some very wet mud.

What: a walk of some description.
    Why: post-op recovery I think they call it. Still feel bruised, but less so. Mind you it is less than 3 days since the op.

Blisters:  look forward to hearing of the mara training. At least its getting lighter in the evening now, which must help.

Emzap: were you given any exercises for the wrist, like squeezing a ball? In German, of course.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Ale nope.  I did look some up when I got home though.  Squeezing a ball does sound like a good one though.  Only 2 movements are still really painful, the others seem ok.  How long do the seeds stay in for?

• Emzap: the seeds are permanent, but being radioactive they gradually deteriorate. The half life of these is 59 days, i.e. after 2 months they have 50% of the strength, then after 4 months they will only be a quarter of the strength, and so on. I think! A scientific friend explained it to me last night! To me the only thing that matters really is whether they have worked or not!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Ale: Do you glow in the dark?

Dustin: Its JOGLE and its a life time ambition for me, thought I better do it before it was too late.

Tinne: Yep sand plays havoc with bikes, but possibly less than mud and water!

Stick: Ride across Britain starts on June 8th

Birk: I would have told him to walk

What: 2K swim set d & d, 10 mile club run tonight
    Why: I'm still a triathlete
    Last Hard: Getiing motivated to get in the pool this morning
    Last Rest: 27.01

Lyrics: Nope 

• DD: I may well do! Have been told not to fly for a while as I will set all the security alarms off. How long are you planning to take for JOGLE? Are you doing it as part of a group? I assume you have a back-up team. It is quite an undertaking I believe: one of my friends has done LEJOG twice and it had to be planned with military precision. Another group of friends ran the route going south as a relay, in June, and they encountered ice in the highlands!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Just googled LEJOG and JOGLE.  Now this all makes a lot more sense!!!
    Ale yes, that is the basic principle of half lives image  At least you don't need another op to remove them I suppose...

• NZChristine wrote (see)

chickadee 2 x 22 milers done - you must be pretty happy with yourself.

I wish I'd done 2 of them, but no .... just one 22 miler so far image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

I think I found Wabo in the results for southerns....
    Sill feeling jealous about jogle, I know a few people that have done it - as ale says, for some it is like a military operation. I'll say it quietly, but I'd like to run it...something for the retirement...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

dustin, 51.40, slow slow but strong and steady!

alehouse, Oh I did 15 and guess what Idid it off road and very hilly, plus mud.  Very tired at the end but great training! It was a slow 2.44 for 15 but given the terrain I am happy

lmh  hope the lsr goes well

what: nothing

why: hard weekend I need to rest

last hard: yesterday

last easy: friday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Another 20 miles in the bank - lovely day for it too.

Alehouse - three days isn't very long for recovery from an op really.

Well done Wabo.

Hope the wrist eases soon emzap.

My BiL is cycling the Way of the Roses over five days and I was seriously considering running it - or alternating running and riding days - but unfortunately he's doing it in March so not good with VLM training really. Well, possibly good training but not for being recovered and sound for race day if you see what I mean.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Brilliant Wabo! Time on feet is so important! And yes, you have earned a rest day. Are you, or anyone else, doing the nationals?

LMH: no, 3 days isn't long...really pleased with the recovery so far. Just taking it easy. Won't try to run until my body tells me it is ready. Well done on the 20!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse my club is doing the nationals but I cannot really afford the train fare or accommodation just for a 5 mile run! Especially when I need to do 15 on the Sunday. Shame though, I do like to do that race.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo:  yes, your time (and money!) may well be better spent than traipsing up to Sunderland. Don't know about 15 on the Sunday though: surely it should be 16 this week!

• Afternoon

What 10
    Why not run for ages
    Lyrics Yes, signs of a mis-spent youth.

Hasd a pretty alwful second half of the week so running got dropped. Back cranking uop the miles.

Read your fetch blog RFJ hope you and jnr are recovering, sad times.

• Just back from a lovely 7.2 miles in glorious early evening sunshine and no wind! 53:13. lyrics - no!

• Lyrics? I did get yesterday's but forgot to gloat. Today, they don't sound familiar, but they do have that resonance about them that chimes with people of a certain age.

Marathon training began today.
    21.6 miles. About 3:08, but we were suffering from a few human/machine interface errors. I know the distance because that's what it was last time. Many buttons were pressed before it played ball. Anyway, the run was not expected to be a scorcher, as I'd had mini cramps at swimming last night. The last couple of miles had quads and calves protesting. Gritted through, and not a total disater. A fair banker, in fact. Shorts and T shirt for most of it too, and I thought of Donaldo. I felt that my lack of mileage told on me today. Only twice a week, and the last long run was 4+ weeks ago. I'm going to have to do some thinking about the balance between disciplines, LMH?

• Cracking run Blisters, great distance.  Shorts for me too today - stuck with the long-sleeved thermal on top right enough! image  Probably down to about zero when my run finished!

• What: Just work
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: yesterday (youngest just come home for a week)
    Lyrics: me?

Been a lovely day here too.
    half day tomorrow but off to Aberdeen for CPD meeting on Wednesday

Some good long runs LM.H Wabo Blisters and shorter runs PP donaldo

Don't think I'll get much running in this week (too much other stuff in the way) and Sunday last chance for a LSR before loch Katrine. (eeks)