Coastal Half-Marathon, Portsmouth

Used this event as part of my prep' program for the Brighton Marathon. Very chilly at the start but I soon warmed up. Thoroughly enjoyed this event and will do it again. Despite the multi terrain aspect I managed a PB.

Comments

• I did this the last couple of years, the wind is never pleasant, I've run alot of Half Marathons this is never going to give me PB. I can only run and hope to chase my course record. Looking foward too it image

• Anyone else get sent the wrong way at miles 11/12? Apparently some kids stole the direction markers. Ended up running an additional half mile!

• Hm, wasn't sure if was going the right way just after mile 12, there was a bit confusion there. So many people about it was hard to spot the runners I was following comming around the corner. Didn't think I run any extra distance though. My garmin says 21.35 km. The Online Results added 16 seckonds extra to my time, It's the first time I've done race where it doesn't match up to my Garmin time. Anyone els got indifferent times?

• Richard, my garmin didnt match up to the time given on the website, and the time given isnt the same as i saw when i finished.

Great Run, really enjoyed it, first proper race and a pb for half marathon image

Agreed about it being hard to spot the runners, lots of walkers!! 

• Yes I went the wrong way there too, was no-one in front and saw runners coming from even farther in the wrong direction, and I was leading a group of about 10 or 12 and we all went the wrong way, luckily a bit farther back someone knew where to go and corrected those behind, but obviously others went wrong later too, very confusing, my garmin recorded 13.3miles image

Still, it was a great day, sunshine too, shame about the headwinds, seemed to be always running into it, lol

• if its where i was thinking (near blue reef), there was 2 signs there when i went through about 1:43ish... am thinking about the right place?

JPAtko, i loved the headwinds, cooled me down! image

Felt sorry for the guy that lost his shoe on the beach bit, and thumbs up to the random pedestrian who gave him his trainers! 

• great race, just needs a bit of tweaking, marshalls needed at the turn round on the eastern road and the turn round in old portsmouth. lots of runners went wrong and Ended up doing an extra 1/2m.

lost a shoe in the mud, but got elbows deep and managed to find it - that doesn't happen in every race image
  • I love this run.....my third year there and nearly did Brighton Half instead but so glad I didn't. What a lovely, friendly run it is. Also the BEST goody bag ever in the history of goody bags.......the same people also do a brilliant marathon in December so for any of you out there who liked the half, get yourself booked onto the full. You won't regret it. image

• yes, was good event, my only problem was members of public, coming from Hastings where we also run along the promenade in the half marathon without being stopped and dodging people. Maybe was just more people as weather was so nice.

Yes great goody bad image