The Scum.

2»

Comments

• kittenkat wrote (see)

I think 'Sun Readers' is an oxymoron.

You're spot on there kittenkat. image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Once went into a newsagent and some women standing there took one look at me and said glumly, "There's no Suns".

Me!

Buy the Sun!

I had no choice.

I felled her cheerfully with a right cross.

🙂

• RicF wrote (see)
    AgentGinger wrote (see)

2.5 million people routinely buy this shite. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

You're wrong.

The Sun readership estimates for survey ending June 2012 Reach:It was read by 7,244,000 adults.Percentage reach:It was read by 14.4% of the adult population.

Astonishing to think that when this item first appeared in 1969 (I think) it was designed to appeal to a readership with an average vocabulary of less than 1000 words and the IQ of a plant.

It still is isn't it?

• I am sensing alot of snobbery going on here, I think the term classist may even come into play. Just because you read the broad sheet does that make you a better person. I don't necessarily think so. Look at all the bankers and politicians hardly the shinning beacon of  honesty and of moral fortitued but I suspect they all read the broadsheets and not the sun.

The people I know who buy the sun tend to be honest hard working folk who read as more of a comic than somewhere to get news from.

• Well I'm more comfortable with that than the pseudo intellectuals up in arms about things that don't really affact them.

• Tommygun2 wrote (see)

I am sensing alot of snobbery going on here, I think the term classist may even come into play. Just because you read the broad sheet does that make you a better person. I don't necessarily think so. Look at all the bankers and politicians hardly the shinning beacon of  honesty and of moral fortitued but I suspect they all read the broadsheets and not the sun.

The people I know who buy the sun tend to be honest hard working folk who read as more of a comic than somewhere to get news from.

I think that you are missing the point. the Sun is the worst example of the gutter press. They always scrape the bottom of the barrel. It's not about class. It's about standards of decency in the media.

• Nothing wrong with being a comic but if The Beano and The Dandy sank to those standards we would be slagging them off too. I didn't comment on this thread until I had seen the front page and made my own mind up on that alone. On the back of all the other stunts they pull this is another low for The Sun.
  • Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Well I'm more comfortable with that than the pseudo intellectuals up in arms about things that don't really affact them.

Effect, not affact. image

• Rickster wrote (see)
    Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Well I'm more comfortable with that than the pseudo intellectuals up in arms about things that don't really affact them.

Effect, not affact. image

Actually, it's "affect" in this instance  image

But I agree with you, Rickster, regarding The Sun and their latest tasteless stunt.

• Tommygun2 wrote (see)

I am sensing alot of snobbery going on here, I think the term classist may even come into play. Just because you read the broad sheet does that make you a better person. I don't necessarily think so. Look at all the bankers and politicians hardly the shinning beacon of  honesty and of moral fortitued but I suspect they all read the broadsheets and not the sun.

Where do you get the idea that it's snobbery? You do know why all those "honest, hard working folk" in Liverpool don't buy The Sun don't you?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    I've also noticed you don't seem to have much response or banter with Colin Mc L or Nick Windsor DF3. I wonder why that is?

Not for the first time Sussex Runner you're spot on. Good rumbling job.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    Run Wales wrote (see)
    David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Ahh, I thought you might have had an ulterior motive in sticking the knife into the Sun.

To be honest, I don't see the fuss. She didn't seem to have an issue with flaunting her body when she was alive, so what right do we have to make an issue of it now that she's dead ....... 

I've still not worked you out. You're sometimes funny. Sometimes you just seem to be on the wind up.  I suspect you had tongue-in-cheek when you opened your second sentence with the words "to be honest".  

Pretty much 99% of what I post I believe in, but I'll often post in an exaggerated way in order to provoke a response.

For instance take Oscar ........ I do think he killed her, I do think he's a scumbag (but not just because he killed her, but because of his narcistic (cant be bothered to check the spelling) approach to thinking he should have a place in the Olympics and dragging his case through every court you can imagine, of course once he was in the Olympics, he still wanted to hang around the Paralympics as well, might as well have two bites of the cherry hey?

But having said all that ...... I dont really care that much about him. I'll have forgotten about him a week from now and he can slowly rot away in jail while the rest of us get on with having a life.

And this whole issue with the Sun and Renee in her bikini. Well if in real life she wanted to prance about on the front covers of a lads mag, then who are we to get all puritanical and want to cover her up with a robe, just because she died. She didnt have a problem with it when she was alive, so why do we have a problem with it when she died? Storm in a teacup, and most of the vitriol is more about having a shot at the Sun than anything else.

However, I take exception to when you say sometimes Im funny. Im always funny ...... and anytime you think Im not, its simply because you havent understood the jokeimage

Having said that have you noticed RicF never replies to my posts. I think I've upset him good and proper lol.

🙂