Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Rockerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! need youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - cooeeeee its NDW50 soon!!!!!!!  *boingy boingy boingy*

• Helloooooooooooooooo

Well, our Town was called the Fattest in the country was back in 2011. Sky news and our local news and ITV have been filming and wanted to know my weight loss story and to see what I thought about the government taxing fizzy pop. I had to do running for local news and told them about London and then be interviewed live for Sky and then a recorded interview. It was very scary but I wanted to tell people how my town is changing and how people are really trying to change their lives.

• Oh wow Ecky, sounds like an amazing experience! and for something you believe in.

• It was very strange I must admit but if it helps someone. I just really wnted to tell people how hard the town were trying to lose weight and change their habits. How are you doing anyway?

• Is there any way we can see your interview? I'm good cheers, you know how life can be sometimes. 100 miles an hour. Work are sending me to Vietnam and I've been able to find a running group out there. So looking forward to that. I'm not long back from injury since Abo, so its nice to run again!
  • oo ecks i watched da news but didnt see youimage

• I fink I got cut Loula image. I did get seen at 3.20 live so that was good and my interview was aired on local radio. My running bit for local news was cut too but that's not unusual.

Gosh Beermatt, that's a long way to go. Well done on finding a group. Im sorry to hear you have been struggling since Abo.

• Matt!!!! We missed you. Are you moving to Vietnam or just visiting? Sounds interesting. I would like to do the Thames marathon at the end of August, pretty please would you run it with me?

Ecky - that is so exciting. You are definitely the CRAC Team star. Hope lots of people see/hear your story.

Byeck - hope things work out for you to go in April.

Half term this week and this morning I took girlies on a bike ride.

• helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *boing*

*goes off to find Rocker for training*

• Morning Loula. Hope you find Rocker.

A very frosty start but the sun is shining now. Hope to get out for a run later. Have a good day everyone.

• Morning

Wow Ecky that is fantastic...you are a real star.

Matt....nice to hear from you and pleased your back running again...we missd you...exciting times ahead for you...how long will you be away for and are all the family going?

Chilli...hope you get your run in later

Loula...Hope you find out where Rocker is hiding

I did 5 hilly miles this morning and did 4 miles yesterday after work..cold and frosty but lovely and sunny image 

AF...hope you had a lovely weekend away...we have all behaved whilst you were away...image

Have a good day everyone.

• Morning,

Ecky-What a star we have in our midst. I think the story you have to tell is a great one- perhaps next step Hollywood. image

Matt-Good to here from you. Vietnam that is some place to go. As Frannys ays is it permanant or a short stay? If permanant hopefully you can be our Asian correspondnat?

Franny-Well done on yiour chilli 5 & 4 milers.

Hi Chilli,LLB,By eck,RR,Loula etc etc .....

I had a nice weekend away anh haven't had time to check the thread so I am sure everyone has been good....

Half term week so no long run today- aiming for 18 (a new record) with the club on Friday.

Did manage a chilli 6.4 yesterday and a very chilli 9.5 1st thing this morning.

Bye for now.....

• Morning all.  Glute is feeling a bit better thans to a By 'Eck massage last night.  And no, not that sort.  No happy ending. image

Anyway, I hope to be running again soon, just have to control my weight this week by very strict calorie control, and seem to be doing alright at the minute.

• MOOOOOORNING

Awwwww Thanks everyone. I was told that I was on the local news at half 10 running in my club vest which was good. I was really upset as one of our local councillors said that our problem was that we dont have a good role model like Jessica Ennis yet we have lots of inspiring young athletes at our club and a brilliant Boxing club and all sorts. image

Mr By Eck, glad your glute is feeling better. You are doing brilliant and we are all so proud of you.

Hiya Boss, I'm not sure if Hollywood is ready for a grumpy old runner like me.image

Thanks Franny and well done on your run.

Thanks Chilli, I hope it helps someone. I wonder if we will get more people at SW this week.

I was suposed to be doing a long run but still have lots of kids around having a Nerf War.

Well my lovely friends, I better pop off as someone is itching to spend his Bday Money.

• Awww.  Thanks Ecky.  The Mrs was talking of Duathlons before I did this.  Need to get some real life outdoor running under my belt first.  Some fun runs starting in my home town soon - a bit like Park run, but more aimed at beginners.  Once I've mastered that lot, I might go for Park run.  Would be good to get a real live 5k under my belt, even a 'fun' one.

• That sounds like a plan. Park runs are fab though and a few of our beginners group have started doing them. They get such a feeling of achievement seeing their times go down each week.

• Afternoon MC, Chili, Franny, Boss, LLB, Ecky, Mr'ByEck

LLB, is NDW may? Will you be following a training plan? Or take it in your usual 'ah 50 miles is nothin' type style!?image

Franny, well done on your back to back runs. It's like that down here, cold but sunny. Great running weather.

Boss, 18 miles!? No problem for a man of your calibre. I seem to remember you saying you're doing the full marathon this year.. which one you doing?

Ecky, Ignore the bl00dy local councillors, they're a very short sighted bunch! Hope you're able to get out.

Chili, hope you get out for a run! Is it the Thames Meander Marathon? It does look nice. I'd love too, but let me just check with Mrs Matt. She works at Homebase at weekends, so it tends to be hard to get time off. I'll come back to you asap image

Mr'Byeck, hope the recovery is quick and you can get out there soon.

Thanks you lot, I missed you too. Feels nice to be back in CRAC Towers with real log wood fire n all image Vietnam is just for 4 weeks. I say just, that'll be long enough I reckon. Never been to the east before, so should be an eye opener! My last run was Sunday, went out on the bike, really just to stop myself falling asleep on the sofa. Did 2 miles, during which, all I wanted to do was ditch the bike and start running, so got home, then went out and did a 2 mile run. Really enjoyed it image

• Hi all!

Matt - good to see you here.  Wow Vietnam! I'd love to go, so very jealous! Hope you have a wonderful time and get to do some sightseeing between the work bits.  The closest I've been is Indonesia - is that close?

AF - well done on all your runs and glad to hear you had a nice time away.  Anyway, I thought I was your Asian correspondent?

Ecky - you are famous!! Well done you! xx

Hi Loula, Chili, By'eck, Franny, DJ, Louise, RR and all!

Well I just ate 2 Açma which I didn't really want but I was hungry and there was nothing else at school for afternoon snack.  They were really greasy and they are making me feel queezy now.image

No runs since Saturday but I've been noticing it's not completely dark when I get home from work so I may be able to run after work in a couple of weeks.  (Running in the dark around the village with its crazy dogs and no pavements and very bad lighting is just dangerous.) Last year it was a lot easier because I could go straight to the park after work but at this school I'm on mini bus duty so I have to go home with the service bus every night.

I know you don't need to know all that but sometimes it must seem like I'm not a very dedicated runner but it really is imposssible for me to run most of the time during the week.image

We are hoping to go to hear Verdi Requiem on Thursday.  Keeping fingers crossed coz hubby is a bit poorly at the mo.  I sung it at college and it's one of my absolute faves. Lots of fff playing, brass, some tender interludes and operatic bits. Excellent! 

BFN xx

• afternoon all !!

gosh lots of chat today-is it the sun making us all feel better about getting out?

sis, well done on your hilly run, the sun has beenlovely indeed.

jude , what are Acma?you are right about it being lighter in p.m. here too today its stayed light , its now 5pm and sun still hanging on.

mr by eck, the PR are a good idea, no pressure either. youve done a good start by doing tready at home as well.image go for it

Boss, thts fab training, you are gonna blast the marathon whn you do it!

chili- yes it is was v chilly first thing this a.m ! car scraping ws required image

Matt, aw im envious of you going out to Vietnam.thats gonna be fab! are you going to run whilst there? so glad your injury is sorted now-hope it stays that way. yes NDW is May, i did a run today but will kick trainings a**e at the weekend with a B2b.

• /members/images/531201/Gallery/imagesCAAU724Z.jpg

getting chilly now, ive got a nice fire going in RW...any one like a glass of wine this evening?

• hi everyone

having trouble keeping up

well done to everyone who has run

Jude - don't worry about not running, life is like that. I haven't run for ages!

• *comes in and settles on the sofa*

Mmmmmmmm nice and cosy in here. It is getting a bit "Nippy Noo Noos" out there.

• Matt - yes it is the Thames Meander. It's on a Saturday so very helpful for me!

Jude - we love hearing you share stuff with us about your life, but you don't ever need to apologise for your running or lack of it. We understand the obsticles that get in the way.

No run for me today image Just couldn't fit it in with playing with girls, dinner and hubby working this eve.

well done Franny on your runs.  And everyone else who is training.

Just made a fresh batch of choc chip brownies, would anyone like some?

• yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Chilli, sorry you didn't get to run. I didn't either, I was to shattered after having 3 extra kids over to sleep. Ooooh I love Choc Chip Brownies, I will have one please.

• Morning all!

Chili - I'd love a choc chip brownie for breakfast.

Pouring with rain here.  Hopefully it will rain all morning so I won't have to do playground duty.  (Last week there was that accident.)

Have a good day! xx 

• grey and chilly here jude , hope you have a safe playground duty this week!

more choc browinies please chili-nom

• Morning Jude and LLB

Same here Lou, not as nice as yesterday. 4 miles last night, it was bl00dy cold, but nice.

Chili, put me down for Thames Meander image Looking forward to it already

• morning all

are there any of those brownies left? just back from a 3k swim and need some energy!!