Options

Mt110 sizing

I've posted in the ultra section as I reckon more of you lot will have experience with these shoes. My new balance mt110 s have just arrived, feel a little snug in the toe box despite sizing up by a half. My big toes seems a little restricted by the liner but not by the shoe structure itself. Are these just too small? Feel great everywhere else.

Comments

• Options
    I reckon they're too small. I'm usually a 9 but take a 10 in the 110's without socks and a 10.5 with socks.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Mine are the same size as all my other trainers but we are all different.

May be worth popping in sports direct to try on a bigger size before making a final decision.
  • Options

Mine are a bit tight in the toe too, but okay. If I got another pair I'd go a half size up, especially if was wearing them in an ultra.

• Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

If Sports Direct sell 'em, I'll pop in and try. 

Thanks for your answers.

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I got my last 2 pairs in my local one so you may be lucky.
  • Options

Yup - As above take a 9 in Inov8, Saucony, etc but a 10 in the MT110's 

• Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

thanks for your responses. I'll size up.image

• Options

11 in everything else, 12 in MT110

• Options

The problem is the seam in the inner liner across the big toe which makes them feel smaller than they actually are. Great shoes but for the life of me can't understand why they would put a seam there.

• Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Hence the question. Hope the size up works, and Wacky Racer, thanks for making me think that I'm not going mad!
  • Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    Sized up to 12. Fine, but only without socks. So I'm keeping em, and holding on to my adizeros for when it's really muddy!
  • Options

Another vote for one size up.... I'm a 9 but a 10 in MT110's

I must say these are a really good trail shoe that crosses the gap between Merrell Trailgloves and Vivo's so you can run on anything.

I ran in mine for a couple of miles then run the C2C 45 miler with no issues, I've since brought another pair via Sports Direct mail order as shops are running out.

I review these and similar shoes in my blog:

http://barefootbrazier.blogspot.de/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=24

• Options

Bizarre sizing. I'm an 8 in most things (mainly for the width). 8.5 in NB101 and should probably be 9 really. Shame I've got another pair of 8.5 on top of the wardrobe image

NB road shoes I'm an 8 as usual.

• Options

ian, how did they feel on the canal section? I ran the C2C in my peregrine's and they felt a bit hard on the last 20.

• Options
    GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Size 10 for me and I'm 9-9.5's in everything else...

I ran C2C in them and they were fine on the canal section, (wish I'd worn them for Thames Trot). I also ran the 50k London Ultra last weekend in them which was mainly road and once again they worked well for me. I do run pretty minimal these days though, and use VFF's for shorter runs and speedwork during the week - so I probably just don't need the cushioning.

At £35 / pair from Sports Direct I'm quite happy to use them on the road image

• Options

Thanks GeeeM... Interesting.

Didn't I see you wore them for NDW100 too? I wondered how your feet/legs were after that in them? Think the question probably got lost on the other thread image

100 seems a long way with no cushioning...

• Options
    GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Yep, hadn't looked at that thread since...

Well, it's a 100-mile race - so my feet were pretty battered after nearly 24 hours, but I was relatively comfortable. The furthest I'd run in them before the NDW100 was 11 miles so it was a massive gamble to use them in a 100... I remember my achillies got a bit sore at around 30 miles but I got through that OK.

Having used the MT110's a lot since then on long runs from road, mountain, fell and trail I find that after 4-5 hours my achillies gets tight, but it always seems to go away after a while and I don't feel any after effects...

My "road shoes" are Brooks Green Silence, and I actually prefer less cushioning and heel drop these days to be honest, I guess it's just something you get used to after a while.

• Options

blimey... that was a bit risky, hope you had a backup pair in a drop bag just in case?

Well done for finishing in under 24hrs image Will be delighted to just sneak in under 30hrs as it will be my first 100.

I have plenty of time to decide yet but thinking about maybe starting in the 110's and having my hoka's as backup for the second half if I feel the need.

• Options
    GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh... No drop bags, it was the MT110's or bust. I was planning to use some MT101's but trashed my good pair at Round The Rock in Jersey and couldn't get hold of another pair in time!

MT110s to Hokas! That'll be an interesting transition image good luck at the 100!
  • Options

very brave indeed, must have been a super comfortable 11 miler.

haha, yeah I know what you're saying image ...... they do feel a little odd as my running over the last couple of years had been getting more and more minimal and like you, I often do shorter runs and speedwork in barefoot thingies. The strange thing is though that the hoka's actually have the same 4mm heel drop as the 110's and my regular road show the kinvara so maybe not as strange a transition as it may first seem even with the super cushioning! Only one way to find out lol

Like I say though, still plenty of time to experiment before deciding on a final battle plan image