Options

Lancashire Runners

Comments

• Options

lol well it is a Friday i guess he he

Ooh before you buy, check your ParkRun email, as it details how to get 20% off at Sweatshop image

• Options
    Last long run for me tomorrow before blackpool hm next week.
  • Options

Ah the blackpool HM, i didnt enjoy that route, if its the Great North West HM your doing, but it goes give you a chance at a PB i think.

I'm just finishing off my breakfast, before getting ready for 14m and the sun is out!! I cannot remember when the weather was this nice for a long run!

Gave that Running Fitness mag a go this weekend and I quite enjoyed it.

What are peoples thoughts on Mo Farah - Doing just half of London ? - I think its a bit odd and i dont get the point! The the full thing or do a half!!

• Options
    ML84ML84 ✭✭✭
    I ran the full tour of pendle this morning, well went slightly further. 17.1 mile with 4800ft of ascent. Great weather for it. All miles in the bank for the 3 peaks race in April.
  • Options

Wow you ran Pendle goodness im impressed mattl. What is the running like around there like ?

And yes the weather was perfect running weather yesterday, it is today but im feeling tried so will take a rest day me thinks.

• Options
    ML84ML84 ✭✭✭
    The full tour of pendle is a race held in November. 17 miles with nearly 5000ft of ascent. Its a bloody killer but the views are great and there was plenty of runners out and about.

I ran the race last year and loved it.
  • Options

Handed out jelly babies at Ogden Clough last year mattl, you full tour lot were amazing, that's one hell of an event!

I'm doing the mini version in March, not the half tour anymore but the Stan Bradshaw round. Not 100% sure that I'm looking forward to it though.

Just completed this weeks long run in the dark, 16 slow and painful miles.

• Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭

I have started to do a lot of my training over Pendle now, my soft London leges still haven't quite adapted to some of the slopes but I love the views and relief once i've got to the top

• Options

mattl - have you got a copy of the course route ?

16 miles in the dark Nicola, goodness me, that must of been hard going. I have run in the dark before and it can get a little unnerving down unlighted country lanes....But never 16 miles! hats off to you.

• Options

Had a good 6m around Rivington today, this was the route if any one fancies it themselves :

http://www.runningahead.com/maps/d003e1ed8e3c4685a84f9a8f9f8c9514?unit=mi

Its been a long time since i took this route on and boy could you tell lol

• Options

That looks like a good route S- I've not been over to Rivington for a while but it is lovely round there. 

Good luck with Standish tomorrow Nicola- I'm sitting this one out as my hamstrings had a tantrum last weekend and I don't want to do any more damage before Liverpool HM in 3 weeks. It's a shame because it's very unusual for the trails in Standish to be so dry, usually it's mud galore! 

• Options

It is a good run , i enjoy running around there. Its tough at the start, but once your on the down hill bits, youve only really got to worry about footing.

Hope your hamstring resolves itselft shortly. No park run for this weekend for me. If you go along, dont push yourself too much, you dont wana damage those hams any more.

• Options
    All set and ready to go in blackpool hm this weekend.done a few runs this week running at just over 8mph so hoping for a good time.then 3 week break before a 53 mile bike race round pendle and ribble.
  • Options

Impressive bike ride ahead for your rick!!

And good look for the Blackpool, it sounds like your training is bang on. So im sure you be ok, just hope the weather holds for you!!

Also good luck to anyone else racing this weekend.

• Options
    Hiya everyone,

I'm based in south ribble and did the Run Preston 10k and guild HM last year, and did the Chernobyl 10k last month. Triathlon is my aim this year. Doing the ribby hall sprint in April and southport OD in June. Hoping to still do a 10k and HM or two as well though. Looking to break the 45min and 1hr45 barriers respectively. A few pesky seconds off each! Thinking of doing the worden park 10k in may. Good to have a thread where you can see what other people are up to locally image
  • Options
    Welcome simon.your running times are very close to mine.im hoping to just get under 1.45mins in tomorrows blackpool hm. will post on here later tomorrow.theres a bike ride going from rawtenstall end of march. 53 mikes taking in pendle hill and waddington and round the ribble.its more of a rude than a race really.
  • Options
    Its not a rude lol its a ride lol
  • Options
    Thanks Rick. Good luck on the Blackpool HM tomorrow. Fingers crossed you'll get below the magic hour and 3/4! That bike ride sounds interesting. Is there a website?
  • Options

Well Simon, welcome to the board. Im in South Ribble too and your times are around the same as mine. I have done Chernobyl a few times its a good race, you should try the Badger race at Cuerdale valley , thats a good one and a bit of a trail run. And there is always ParkRun down on Avenham Park Saturday mornings, there is one or two off here that go down and do that.

And thanks for the double post Rick, i was wondering what was going to happen during your Rude in Pendle!!!

I have had a rest day today, but Sunday morning i will be off doing a 16 miler, im hoping the weather is better than today, for all runners and racers. I think we've all had enough wet weather training now!!

• Options
    Has it been wet for you today SJ? Just shows how much the weather varies round here because we had it dry all afternoon except for a few stray snow flakes. Forecast is for another cold dry day tomorrow which is good as I want to do a very slow 12 miler which will be longest before Liverpool in 3 weeks.

Parkrun for me today was a slow one, although I think I was on track for a good PB up until the 3rd hill when one of the juniors started to look distinctly unwell so I dropped back with him as on other weeks he's paced me to PBs. I figured that there'll be the chance for a PB next week.

Hope everyone has a good long run tomorrow, and Blackpool goes well Rick.
  • Options

he he ah well done Lou, your a star looking after the young ones hey!

Today, was been snow on and off all day, but not heavy and it didnt stick. Ive checked the weather and it says cloudy for Sunday. So that a do, although as you say it will be cold.

Sounds like youve got your training for liverpool well organised, the 16 im doing will be my longest run before it, with 14 next week and 12 the week after.

Hope the hams are holding up!

• Options
    Thanks for the welcome sjpc. Day off yesterday too - running in the gym this afternoon so not worried about he weather.image
  • Options
    Had a good run in the blackpool hm.finished in 1hr 39mins. really happy with that.also think im in top 5 for m55.
  • Options
    Fantastic time Rick! Well done. Not just under 1.45, under 1.40. 2 milestones in one go image
  • Options
    Congrats Rick, you must be chuffed. Hope you're having a glass of something and some good food to celebrate.
  • Options
    Yes had my 1st pint since new yrs eve.yes i know boring lol i hope ive set the standard for our lancs forom to go on and smash all our pb.s
  • Options

Alright Rick, no putting PB pressure on us!! he he - But hey well done thats a great time.

My sixteen mile run went well, except, we took a wrong turning and ended up going about 18 m instead. But go round, so its not all bad.

Today, i would of gone to the gym, but ive not the time. Which is annoying as ive been on-off with the gym for past two months and really wanted to get back into going every week.

• Options
    What runs we on this weekend people? long bike ride mw getting myself ready for pendle witches ride end of march.
  • Options
    Just heaton parkrun for me today (but got a pb so very happy with that), Stan Bradshw round (what used to be the half tour of Pendle) next Saturday then Liverpool Half the next weekend. Pendle witches ride sounds exciting!
  • Options

I'm having a quieter weekend as I think my body is telling me to rest, so I skipped parkrun this morning but am hoping to do a slow 10 miler tomorrow, and then drop to 8 next weekend before Liverpool. I have been enjoying the lighter evenings the last couple of weeks, it feels like it makes a big difference!