Yesterdays lyrics: Planet Earth by Duran Duran

What:4M Fartlek

Why: I need to get back into faster work

Cold frosty one again. brr.

Catch up and back later.

Comments

• Morning.

That's a great attitude Alehouse.

Hope Blister's has done enough to make Mrs Blister's birthday a happy one!

What:                   swim/maybe a short easy run
    Why:                    easier day
    Last hard:            getting out of the door yesterday wasn't easy
    Last rest:              15/2

Lyrics - not sure.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    happy birthday Mrs B, but really, making 'surprise' lists....
    Good midweek running: LmH, Wabo, Chicka, Postie. Personally I'd count anything over about 8 miles as medium long run, during the working week.
    lyric - possibly
    what - Eldest hockey training, so I'll have abt 75 minutes to kill later. Track work possibly, although won't be overdoing it
    why - opportunity knocks
    last rest - friday
    last hard - digging out 10k yesterday on tired legs

have a good day y'all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

Dustin it sure felt like a med long run! I cant believe the miles my body is letting me do right now!

what: 7 miles later with 1 w/u 4 x 1mile in 8.5mm and 1 cool down ( 2 min jog rec betweeen reps)

why: schedule says, but club wont be doing that, oh well

last hard: yesterday morning

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: I vaguely recall some songs with this as the title, but not as a line. Then I discovered that Google didn't seem to particularly help either!

What: another walk
    Why: I can.

Quite bright here, but bitterly cold.

Take it easy tonight, Dustin: 9 tough miles to come on Saturday, I would imagine!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yeah, it's cold & windy image

Well done all for braving the elements.

I have one of the dreaded P&D double days today image. Schedule says 6am, 4pm but I had a lie in this morning (couldn't be bothered to run before work) so I did 5 in my lunch break and will do another 5 tonight at home.

• Bright but still a little breezy here. Hope to get out this evening if matty remains quiet.

• Afternoon!

What: 5k walked, off road. Rather chilly on the river bank but out of the wind in the woods it was pleasant.

Wabo:  what schedule are you following? Is it one you have done before? You seem to be coping well with the higher mileage: anything to do with weight loss?
    And talking of which, I don't think I've lost any yet this year.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

What 7 with hills
    Why difficult day
    Lyrics not sure

• Wabo - I feel the same way about the mileage that my legs seem to be absorbing. Long may it last!

2.4k swum this morning and 3.5 miles run this afternoon - and it's definitely chilly out!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 5 miles with JS group. Dry but cool. First run since Saturday.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

happy Birthday Mrs Blisters

hard session tonight - 15 mins warm up 1.86m / 10 mins Threshold 1.51m / 4 x 4 min at 10k pace all .63m (off 90 sec rec) / 10 mins threshold 1.54m / 15 mins cool down 1.90m good hard session 10.34m in total in 1:15:03

Have the police around later as follow up to last week.

• RFJ
    Tough session indeed.  Police?  What did I miss?

Cold out on the track this afternoon, come on Spring it's nearly March!

5 x 1K off 200m; managed 4:17, 4:11, 4:17, 4:11 & 4:20 - time was they'd be sub-4...

Rest tomorrow, 20 planned for Saturday.

No idea about the lyrics.

• Nice running 40, hope the police can help, RJF.

6 miles tonight including 4 long intervals.

1 x mile in 6:30 then 3 x 5mins30s at an average of 6:20 pace.  3 mins recovery in between.  I'm really pleased with my quick recovery times but I am really lacking pace - thought I'd be closer to 6 mins/mile.  There was a time it was 5 mins per mile rep.  

I dont know todays lyrics.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

40 - Jnr and I were threatened by 2 yobs with being glassed and were chased, no big deal, but Jnr went in to shock after wards and we had the ambulance and police involved.

They came round to see how we were, waht we weer doing to prevent it in our own minds (ie avaoiding that area for a bit) and told us that it is unlikey that they will catch them due to no cctv and no witnesses etc....

• Well done Donaldo, I was expecting you to come up trumps. I've got to ask which specific A race you are targetting? And what is your top drawer goal in terms of time? I'm getting some ideas, but they may be off the mark.

Lyrics? Hmm, Caribbean I would think, but no further ideas.

No training, and late home from work too. Mrs H (Mrs B to you) was a little surprised with her present. She'll be a bit surprised when she finds out how much it cost. I may need to check the insurance cover. (Dearer than my bike, but much smaller and shinier).

• Blisters not a turbo trainer then image