Monday February 25th

Good morning all, 
Tom - but we do ask...
40 - its still 15 done, and with track today thats probably just as well?!
OH - hope the foot eases today, what's the issue?

what - 5 or 6 easy
why - recovery , did manage 7.5 easy yesterday, oh the joy of tarmac!
last rest - friday
last hard - saturday

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Shiver by Coldplay.

40 - are you marathon training?

Dustin - a run out over some good country certainly does make you appreciate the smooth stuff more doesn't it?

What:                   easy swim am, not sure after that
    Why:                    recovery
    Last hard:            yesterday was hard
    Last rest:             23/2

Lyrics - sure do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hopefully nothing much. Has improved overnight. Will maybe go back to older trainers for marathon. Not as much give in newer ones (yet)

What: just work

Why: Monday and on call. Taper week beckons ...

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: Saturday

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

LMH:  take it easy today! Any aches and pains from yesterday? If not you didn't run hard enough! image

What: a walk, not on tarmac!
    Why: need to be cautious. Hopefully will include a run tomorrow

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.
    What: not sure yet
    Why: was going to run, but just went into town and paths/pavements are an icy disaster
    Last hard: Saturday counts!

Glad the foot is feeling better OH.  Take it easy.

Have a good one.

• Good news OH.

Alehouse - slightly ouchy right quad and I can feel both hamstrings slightly but the worse thing is actually my shoulder - needed painkillers to sleep because of that last night. Swam 3k this morning then was fortunate enough to have a quick word with an ex-England cricket team physio who thinks it most likely I've upset the labrum or bursa. She advised no swimming for a couple of days until it's settled down again. Was considering a bike (or more likely turbo given the weather) session this afternoon but it would just be a steady effort. Not sure whether to save that though as tomorrow's double will now have to be a run/bike rather than a swim/run.

• LMH - Yes, marathon training, amongst other things I'm running a marathon training group so it would seem  rude not to join in!  If I do a marathon it will be Shakespeare, but my current thinking is to just benefit from the training and come into marathon training in better shape next year.

What:  12 x 200 off 200m
    Why:  Monday is short interval track day
    Last hard:  Saturday
    Last rest:  Sunday
    Lyrics:  Where are they?

• Afternoon all
    Lyrics: No
    What: Rest Day
    Why: Weston Tough Ten tougher than I thought yesterday
    Last Rest; That'll be today
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Catch up properly later

• Evening!

Well no sooner had I posted than I had a phone call to ask me to work, so only a short walk (20 mins ish) in the end. And was it cold...

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hello all. Back from massage/consultation. Just tightness, no pull or worse. Feel loads better but going to continue to take it easy-ish and just have one last LSR next week followed by rest/taper/massage before the race.

Hope everyone's alright after a cold and tough weekend, especially you LMH.

Lyrics: yep

• Lyrics Yes today!
    LMH, somehow I'm not surprised that you've got some inflammation, you have been giving the training some high intensity of late, and I can't remember whether it's been a rapid build up or otherwise. I note that 3000m is classed as "easy" swim. Hmm, I've a long way to go.

40 mins, nice to see you back. To see the lyrics, unless they get re-posted in the opening line you have to look on the menu page. Alternatively, the answer to your question is most definitely "IN DEVON". For your information, I've already entered the Shakespeare mara in Stratford. There was a forumite called Mark Shepherd who came 2nd a few years back. Any idea what became of him?

7D, it's amazing what a massage can do. I must get one.

Training? Hmm, could be a late one.

Tomorrow is to Devon for 2 days, so I'll be packing running and swimming gear.

• What a run today!  So far this year, my best time for 4 miles was 29:03.  

My 16-week marathon training schedule suggested 7 mile warm up followed by 4 miles fast - not a session I would ever have come up with, but I thought I'd go for it anyway.

The first 7 miles were hard...legs were tired and calves were tight and I didnt think I'd have much left for the 'fast' bit.  56 mins for that section.  Then boom, I started upping the pace and felt great.  Last 4 miles in 27:33 - felt good moving at this pace and it's added to my confidence levels - maybe that was the whole point of that type of session?!! image

• Good news 7d.

I'm tougher than I thought - or stupider - there are only a handful of skinny whippet types wearing as little as me yesterday in the official photo's.

Blister's - it was my longest swim so far this year but I was just Forrest Gumping it, hence the 'easy'. No rapid build for me, didn't really stop after Abingdon, in fact, haven't really stopped for a long time!

donaldo - lovely when that happens!

40 - that's a tough track session for marathon training.

SC - you ok?

• Blisters he bought a push bike.

• ...and started to use it for commuting from Newbury to London as a way of overcoming stress fractures...

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Lyrics, a possible yes...

Blisters - He can be found at Newbury Parkrun most weeks either helping or running in his words slowly (18 mins ish) his ankle is bu**ered and is now a decent cyclist....

What - 4.25m steady
    Why - Mondays are easy days
    Last hard - Sat
    Last Rest - Weds

Take care

• Hey Blisters - not seen you since my Half Mara PB at Cheddar many years ago!  Where will you be in Devon, fancy meeying up for a run and/or pint?

Bit of a tweak in my thingh today following track, so prob rest tomorrow.