British Heart Foundation - Longleat Half Marathon

Is anyone doing this? I've entered and would love some idea of how flat/undualting the course might be. The route map isn't very informative.  Would also be good to know how popular it's likely to be.  See you there??

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I bet the section through the lion enclosure is a fast one image

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    I've not seen the route map for this but the 10k route is pretty hilly... I'm not signed up for it btw. If the finisher medal is anything like the ones that were handed out for finishing the 10k it'll be well worth doing though. Not that I just do these things for the medals image
  • 10k has one cheeky and one very steep hill. Inaugural event and the 10k usually throws in visit to Longleat so could be worth doing! 10k is very popular and with no entries on the day, proximity in distance to Bath and time to London, should be popular. Might well have just talked myself into doing it!image

• I am doing the half marathon and it is anything but flat, the words 'killer' and 'made me sick' where some of the comments I have found from people doing the 10K, if you go onto runkeeper, there is a map of the route which shows the elevation also.  But I am training for the Edinburgh Marathon in May so this is just what I was looking for and am really excited - although I don't think my legs will agree once finished. Hope you enjoy it and best of luck to everyone. image