Silverstone Half 2013 car drop off point

I running Silverstone Half this weekend and have heard the traffic can be really bad. Does anyone know if there is a car  'drop off /pick up' point outside the car parks?Thanks

Comments

• i've been there twice and there isnt one that I know of, u just have to join the queue of traffic and get directed to a car parking space, if you allow an hour before the race to get there you should be ok, just be prepared to sit in traffic, the marshalls do the best they can with the sheer volume of traffic 

last year we had a crisis at the service station so the drive got delayed and we arrived with half hour to spare, we walked to the start and it had already started but as your chipped timed anyway it didnt matter as ur time counts from the time u go over the start line and finish not the gun time

dress up warm, it can be very cold on the track 

• I would suggest you arrange to drop off / pick up away from the track, maybe in the village?  The traffic is always bad and getting out last year was a complete nightmare image

• Isee)

i've been there twice and there isnt one that I know of, u just have to join the queue of traffic and get directed to a car parking space, if you allow an hour before the race to get there you should be ok, just be prepared to sit in traffic, the marshalls do the best they can with the sheer volume of traffic 

last year we had a crisis at the service station so the drive got delayed and we arrived with half hour to spare, we walked to the start and it had already started but as your chipped timed anyway it didnt matter as ur time counts from the time u go over the start line and finish not the gun time

dress up warm, it can be very cold on the track 

I'm getting dropped off by my wife who prefers to go shopping rather than watch me plod around a cold track image

If she drives into the car park to drop me off pre-race will she be able to get back out again?   I know that before the F1 GP they operate a one way only system into the car parks.

How far is it to walk from the A43 to the circuit?

• I emailed Silverstone enquiries and this was the reply.

'With regard to being dropped off on the day, you’ll be able to do this at the front gate, and it may be possible for the car to come into the circuit to drop you off nearer, although this will be down to the guards on the gate on the day.'

But I'm not sure how easy it will be to get to the front gate?

• not very from my recollection, tbh if u can get dropped off at the first gate then go up to the roundabout and go back round it the way u came onto the otherside of the dual carriageway and head out ( i'm not sure if that makes sense or not ) but there will be queues to get in no two ways about it Good luck!!!

• The A43 is very close to the circuit so you could always come off the A43 and turn towards the village, drop off along there then the driver can get straight back on the A43 image

Like someone else said above, if you take the dual carriageway that leads upto the circuit and past the main gates you keep going and come to the last roundabout, you could just double back and drop off there image

Getting out and picking up will be a different story, complete nightmare image

If your a fast runner get out as soon as you can image