Wednesday 27th February 2013

Morning from a  foggy West of Scotland.

Todays lyrics:And so she woke up.Woke up from where she was.

Yesterdays lyrics:'Spitting Games' by Snow Patrol. Cracking song/tune in my humble opinion.

What:Easy session todayWhy: A bit stiff from scraping paper off dining room wall. One wall left. 

Coffee calling and usual catch up time

Comments

• Morning.

Blister's - treacle tart sounds good, travelling for work and limited facilities doesn't.

Good news Alehouse.

What:                something on the bike or turbo
    Why:                 not supposed to swim and want to freshen the legs for tomorrow
    Last hard:         24/2
    Last rest:          23/3

Lyrics - not today.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

What: Not going to speak too soon about any running! Today is definitely a non-run day. A walk later, probably.
    Why: caution. Slightly sore "good" calf. Working (less likely to do something stupid running-wise!)

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello everyone,
    Chicka and Emz(?), congrats on the podium finishes. Emz I'm tempted by either Bacchus or Pilgrims, usually same time of year. However September gets clogged up: we have our club champs and the Southern road relays. Will have to do some calendar juggling....
    Postie - great double!
    RFJ - nice work, sessions like that around the estates are never easy...
    AleH - Bravo!
    Blisters - getting it done, and with the reward of treacle tart. Nice.
    Wabo - yeah, bit of a hike to the Nationals. Only did it as youngest wanted to go (her first). Not sure I'd spend 9-10 hour round trip, plus fuel costs again, but got a bargain at Premier Inn. I have to say they are very good value for moneyimagespacious room for 4 (although eldest didn't come in the end), plus all you can eat breakfast worked out £15 each. Even the Friday night, all you can eat "fish supper" buffet was only £7. Perhaps I was a few kilos over my fighting weight for the run.... 
    what - 6 or 7 slow
    why - recovery after club session yesterday: 3x~1k, followed by 6x~250m, on grass
    last rest - friday
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope, wasn't right yesterday either...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

sounds pretty good dustin, my club made a weekend of it and the drive would be too long or trains too much!

Lyrics vaguely familiar.

alehouse, nice!

had a good run last night, mile warm up then 6 x 1k or 5.5 mins at 10 k time and I seemed to bepretty spot on which surprised me, 1 min rec and then another mile cool down at the finish, felt good.

what: 9 slow miles later

why: schedule and bring it on

last hard: last night no 5 1k all up hill!

last easy: monday

have a good day

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hey Blisters, you could have had a run round your fav marathon course while you were here!

Club night this evening.  Slightly problematic thigh may see me taking it easy on the track in case it doesn't want to play.  Meant tyo be running a half on Sunday, so caution is probably best.

Anyone else got a race this weekend?

• Hope tonight's run is just as good Wabo.

Nothing serious I hope 40?

Just over an hour out on the bike for me this morning. Thought of going further but I was beginning to tire (having difficulty keeping the HR in zone 2) and would like to do a LSR tomorrow so mindful of the residual fatigue from Sunday I was sensible (I hope, could have just been laziness!).

• Not a race as such for me 40, but I'm going to visit Delamere for their parkrun opening. Whether I attempt a fast run or just tootle around sight-seeing is up in the air.

7.5m this morning, legs felt dysfunctional, not in pain, but like they belonged to somebody else.

Lyrics: no.

• haha Blisters - can't believe I wrote 5 m/m ... of course I meant 5 m/k
    I often get this wrong ... coz I work in ks but for the forums I try to convert things into miles image

Tinebeest: migraines are awful image

nice speedwork, wabo

what: 7.5 miles easy (snap 7D image)
    why: should have done MLR but had to arrive at work early and couldn't fit it in
    last hard: Sunday
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

40 I am doing a half marathon sunday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon

What 15.23 MWLR
    Why tis a Wednesday - middle of the week
    Lyrics yes

40 mins next race is not until April 21 up the big smoke hence the mileage of late

15.23 MWLR with the last 5 attempted at mp (6:33, 6:44, 6:32, 6:32, 6:29) the blip was due to crossing a busy junction.

• Evening

apologies again

Alehouse good running, take care now. I'm sure you will

LMH sorry i'm late but great pb from Sunday

40 Hope all will be ok

What; 2 miles
    Why; getting out there
    Last Hard; long time ago

Lyrics not todays but did get Dustins the other day

Decided to go out and do something today been having a confidence crisis with running not wanting to fall again but sure i'll be ok once  i get back to it proper

• Thanks Pammie - I was the same for a good couple of weeks after my fall, hope you get your confidence back soon.

Ashby 20 for me next 40 - shan't be racing but not quite sure as yet how I will run it.

• What: pool training (kayak)
    Why: only opportunity this winter
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: what me?

Still dry bright weather here although a little cloudier today.
    Heading to deep south on Friday (Poole) so you southerners had better appease your weather gods before I arrive!image

Good going PP

Chickadee - LOL
    If I've been doing a kayaking navigation course. I find myself dividing miles into 60 partswhen running - eg subconsciously expecting the Garmin to  jump to 2.00 immediately after 1.59, rather than after 1.99 miles
    (The subdivision of a nautical mile is a minute, of which there are 60 of course)

Dustin - all marathons involve a significant journey and overnight stays for us.
    Next weekend, we sleep overnight on the boat Friday, drive to Loch Katrine B+B, race, B+B then 6h drive back up to shorter ferry crossing on the Monday. This is one of the reasons I've opted to drop down to a 4 day week as from April.

• Evening!

Lovely spring day here. 4.5k walked.

OH: so you are turning into a semi-professional athlete then?!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

Wabo: All the best for Sunday.

• AH LOL
    No just decided I don't want to spend all my better years working all the time.
    Will still be doing a 1in 5 on call commitment for Matty

Good pool session tonight - lots of rolls, Two inverse entry and rolls.
    Zero failures.

• Late evening run for me today; 5 miles in 38:13 after a school event!  image

• Lyrics, nope.
    Managed 4 dread-miles this morning, with it set to 1% (flat) and a comfortable pace, giving a HR of 125.
    That's about it really.