Rebecca Romero joins ATW Triathlon Training Day

Rebecca Romero will be joining the coaching team for the next ATW Train'athlon on April 13th in Bushey, Herts

ATW Trainathlon

The full coaching line up will be:

Rebecca Romero - Gold medal olympian at the Beijing Olympic Games
Leda Cox - Previously ranked number one cyclist in UK
Sian Brice - Olympian at the Sydney Games
Tanja Slater - Former Elite Triathlete and former Elite Cyclist
Jez Cox - Formerly ranked number one duathlete in Great Britain
Sky Draper - Member of the Olympic Talent Squad
Charli Sales - Leading International Yoga Expert

Improve swim technique
Faster transition times and running off the bike
Improve skills on the bike
Yoga for triathletes to prevent injury

There are spaces for 75 triathletes split into 3 groups of 25 for beginners, intermediates and advanced

Cost of the day is £90 which includes exclusive use of facilities for 4 training sessions, Q&A with all coaches, breakfast, lunch, T Shirt and swim cap

More details are available here:
ATW Trainathlon

Comments

• James..instead of telling us the coaches success in the sport.....why not tell us their qualifications and success in coaching........

• otherwise its looks like pay your money to share a room with an elite athlete

• Good point!

The event was held for the first time in Jan and over 50 triathletes attended. The most common score for every coach on the day was 10/10 according to the survey results

Full details of the survey are available here (at the bottom of the page):

ATW Trainathlon Survey

• still doesn't answer my question.you could have 50 londoners with no idea about anything stating they loved meeeting them..............

what are theire qualifications and successes.image

• Why not go through the proper channels and pay to advertise on this forum, after all you expect people to pay for your coaching courses

• he's getting similar grief on Tripetalk for the same reasons of freeloading and not contributing to the forum

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I think he has done it before. He got grief then as well!
  • I am happy to accept that by posting on a forum I will get grief - it's inevitable. I'll address each point in turn

seren nos - if I was to list every detail here it would be pretty lengthy but every coach (with the exception of Sky who is demonstrating) runs their own coaching companies and have done so for many years. All of their details are provided on the site.

shmunkee - we pay for advertising banners on other sites, leaflets, business cards and press releases for this event. To connect with triathletes we thought it obvious to also post on triathlon forums about a triathlon event - would you do anything different?

millsy1977 - fair comment but I assume that since you opened the chat on this that the title interested you? I provided a brief summary of the day, if you weren't interested at that point then you don't have to look any further.

fat buddha - I can see that you have taken the time to comment on both forums. As I mentioned earlier, it makes sense to me to post the details of this triathlon event to the triathlon communities.

millsy1977 - I previously posted one link on this forum to an interview with Non Stanford. Other forums interact with these interviews and seem to appreciate the links. This forum did not and I refrained from posting further links to our triathlon interviews

On a personal note, I am not out to make vast fortunes here. The last training day ran at a small loss but the 50 people that attended had a great time and from the feedback we decided to put on another. I run ATW as a hobby - I have another full time job, a family and I am a member of both a running club and a triathlon club. On the site all the training resources are free but to exist we obviously need to generate an income.

• "On the site all the training resources are free but to exist we obviously need to generate an income."

as do the owners of this site to be fair to them

these fora have for years operated a non-commercial advertising policy - it's in their T&Cs if you care to examine them.  that means commercial organisations - such as yourselves - should pay for their advertising and not use the FREE member forums to post their adverts.

in the main, this is respected and many posts do get deleted - for event organisers who contribute to the general content of the fora, there's usually a little slack allowed when links to events etc are posted.  

BUT for people who just dive in, post a commercial ad, and then bugger off, then you will get our wrath whether you feel it's deserved or not.   

I am sure the people on Tripetalk feel the same

contribute or bugger off is basically our message

how much clearer would you like me to make it??

• Every coach has run their own company for many years ?

Just recently had an email from Rebecca announcing her set up in Chester
  • James Shipley 3 wrote (see)

shmunkee - we pay for advertising banners on other sites, leaflets, business cards and press releases for this event. To connect with triathletes we thought it obvious to also post on triathlon forums about a triathlon event - would you do anything different?

Good to see you pay for advertising on other sites.  How about doing it here too!

• I will reply to these two messages but I will refrain from posting again as you have obviously made your mind up about me and this event.

Dave - Rebecca is the only coach who has recently set up her own coaching business. She does know a thing or two about cycling though image and personally i'm looking forward to that training session.

Schmunkee - I did approach RW about an advertising banner but their charges were 3 times higher than the other sites. They have established themselves to be able to charge these amounts so i'm happy for them but unfortunately we couldn't afford it.

I will make an effort to join in other conversations more in future

• You said they all had years of coaching experience ! So what other of your claim's are false ?

And as we live in the same place I'll go direct, or chat to her in Tesco as usual
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    James - just to make it clear. The reason I opened the thread up to read was because I believed it to be a blatant advert. Strangely enough that was true so i though I'd let you know that I didn't agree with it.

I'm sure other companies have to pay RW to advertise. Same rules should apply to everyone I think.
  • Why can't race organisers etc post on these forums? Lots of comments on other companies paying RW to advertise. So all the small events etc are supposed to pay loads to RW. Sorry state of affairs when you can't post. Plus I must have missed all the paid event advertisements. Can't see any at the moment.

Surely we should be supporting these type of events. If you don't like the posts don't read them.

If we are forcing these companies to pay to advertise their events then it won't be long before they will diminish completely.

FB - you need to get a life mate. Read one of these posts. Instead of blubbing, say something positive. I don't think too many people could care a less whether they've posted on TriTalk. I've got over 3500 posts on TriTAlk. According to you I'm ok to post my new event but other people aren't. Doubt I've ever posted anything else other than rubbish so that's ok eh . image

I really think we should be supporting these events . The negative posters should perhaps focus on the training instead of meaningless waffle about paying for adverts.
  • there are no sections on here for people to post events or sell things at all......

if every sports massage person advertisers by setting up a post and every little event puts up posts and also every peoson who wants to sell their bike or old running shoes.the forums would be lost under all the selling stuff.........not to mention all the PT peo[ple that would see this as a cheap way of advertising

if its an event that someone on the forums are doing and set up a thread to see if anyone else is doing it then fair enough...........

but for people to just self publish their events isn't on or we would be inundated......

• The forum is free.  Advertising comes at a cost.

By using the forum to advertise events and services you are reducing the income stream to RW and therefore jeopardising this forum remaining free.

It's all there in the T&C's if you care to look.  Whether you agree with them or not, they are they and should be complied with.  If you don't agree with them, don't post and above all, don't advertise.

sjb1 - we are not saying we don't support these events; we are just pointing out the right way to bring them to people's attention

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

I think people posting stuff about their own non-profit making events is fine - but agree when it's a business.  For instance if someone is organising a club triathlon event I wouldn't have a problem with them starting a thread saying please enter our race - but if they are doing it for money then it seems right they pay to advertise.  

Got a bit of sympathy for the OP as his coaching day probably doesn't generate enough money to pay for advertising here - but that's just one of those things.  Plenty of club forums that will put a free ad post up if you ask them nicely.

• sjb1 wrote (see)
    Why can't race organisers etc post on these forums? Lots of comments on other companies paying RW to advertise. So all the small events etc are supposed to pay loads to RW. Sorry state of affairs when you can't post. Plus I must have missed all the paid event advertisements. Can't see any at the moment.

Surely we should be supporting these type of events. If you don't like the posts don't read them.

If we are forcing these companies to pay to advertise their events then it won't be long before they will diminish completely.

FB - you need to get a life mate. Read one of these posts. Instead of blubbing, say something positive. I don't think too many people could care a less whether they've posted on TriTalk. I've got over 3500 posts on TriTAlk. According to you I'm ok to post my new event but other people aren't. Doubt I've ever posted anything else other than rubbish so that's ok eh . image

I really think we should be supporting these events . The negative posters should perhaps focus on the training instead of meaningless waffle about paying for adverts.

sjb - ta for the fine comment about how I should get a life.  last time I looked I had one thanks.

and as for your comment about supporting "these events" - the OP wasn't posting details of an event but a training day run by his business.  that's somewhat different to an event and that's what most are taken an objection to.

get the fact right please before bleating and as you say "read one of these posts" - maybe you should heed your own words and read what was posted before banging on