P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• 15w nice to get the tough sessions out the way.

just easy 4.5 miles with a few strides today as I have 13.1 with 13.1 @ half marathon pace on Sundayimage image

• My first tempo of the schedule, if I discount the half marathon the other week,

Easy warm up then 5 miles at LT, averaged 5:59 for tempo and felt well.  Nice few miles cool down.  Been on nights all week and was not looking forward to this, but it went fine.  5 miles recovery tomorrow and 18 on Sunday.

• Hell fire Craig, that's some fast tempo running!

Well done and 15W well done too!

Just finished my 12 mile LT run, it took a lot of will power to do that tonight, I'm so glad I did it now tho.

Averaged 6.24 for the 7 miles.
  • Great running mark1981 & 15W, I needed a kick up the backside to get myself out the door for my tempo, got out of bed for 1, delaying the inevietable but as usual when I get going I seem to be ok.  One stretch on the LT, running into a headwind, nothing major but knew it was there, also along with the cars flying past had to dig in a little. Done & dusted now as I head off on my last night shift.  Looking forward to catching up on peoples runs & races this weekend.  Anglesey Half Marathon this way, this weekend, gutted I did not enter sooner.  

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well done 15W, Craig and Mark. I'm just back from a nice comfortable 12.77 mile MLR in 1:44 with none of this LT nonsense. image

Not many people at the club night tonight, and we all just went at a nice sensible pace with no showing off. Lovely.

• Twatting 7.7 miles recovery for me.  I foolishly thought it was Spring, was very nearly outing the crop top image and shorts but decided on a single layer of turquoise Asics top to match my new Brooks that I were delivered by the Stork to me today, all shiny and new.  I was fucking freezin'. No gloves, my hands were same colour as my top by the time I jogged in. 9 degrees...?  My arse.

CRACKING TEMPO Craig.  You will mince this Manchester. 

Mennania - look chuck, you'll be back on form next week, we all get hit during training by that bastard thing called life.  Don't let it get you down.  Chin up. 

Literatin - your nice easy run would be not far off me racing a HM.  Bitch.

NN - go smash it on Sunday.  If you don't, I am flouncing.

I am TIME KEEPER at Delamere ParkRun's first run tomorrow.  I nearly got myself a t-shirt printed with TIME KEEPER on in gold letters but didn't have time.  Never mind.  Always next week.  If they allow me back.

• 15w - you decided to grace us with your presence now you have stopped playing with yer puppy?  Well done on getting out there whilst there is shit to pick up and plants to tidy. 

•  

Heow christ it is still far too cold be leaving clothing off..have funat the parkrun tomorrow image  

Nice paces indeed run tonight by the chaps for  the LT sessions well done ...and Lit as Heow says thats practically our HM pace well done missus

Just found my time from 2 years ago when I last raced the course I  am doing Sunday 1.41.39, cant really see me going faster than that.

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Night Nurse wrote (see)

Ten does it hurt to walk on ?

No, walking is fine.  I don't think it's anything really serious.

TBQH, I'm more bothered about catching this damn cold just a couple of days before the race image  I'm having an early night tonight, so hopefully the rest will do me good and I'll be posting better news in the morning!

NN er.. NN image

• Good luck at the parkrun Heow!

I'm also volunteering at a new parkrun but tomorrow's is just the trial run with the official 1st event taking place in a fortnight.

Hopefully we won't make a complete and utter arse of it.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

HeOw - how could I possibly stay away from your pretty prose. I was also slightly under dressed for today's run - but due to the LT miles warmed up apart from the hands. Took quite a bit of effort to untie my shoelaces afterwards.

Chris and Mark - well done on your LT runs also. Chris - you are fast! My LT miles were all about the 615 to 6.20 mark....I got that number by plugging 2.55 marathon time into the runners world training pace calculator.

• Craig that's some impressive LT running. I am pretty certain that you have the ability to post the best time on here the way you are running.

12 miles with 7 @ LT done and dusted. LT pace averaged at 6.07 pace which I was more than happy with after the week I have had. Just the small matter of a 20 plus miler tomorrow now.

Fu*k you Pfitz is all I would like to say right now!
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Lightweights. I wore shorts today. Still had gloves on for most of the run, though.

HeOw, I think the extra .23 of a mile would have made all the difference. Also, no need for a t-shirt, just write it on your forehead in marker pen.

• Did the 7 miles LT after 5 miles warm up.  Very tough, think I was getting a bit dehydrated towards the end.  I usually only run this speed and distance in a race where I have access to water.

7.25;7.30;7;20;7.33;7.40;6.17;6.19;6.09;6.19;6.16;6.10;6.19.

• Good grief all these really fast paces.

I did 12 MLR probably at about 9:50 mm but garmin ran out of juice at around 8 miles so not sure. Need to wait on it to charge up.

Ziggy - I think I read somewhere you are a Falkirk bairn is that right? If so where is the new parkrun? I've done Falkirk before a few times as I like running in callendar park.
  • No Fiona I stay in Ayrshire. The new parkrun is in Eglinton Country Park which is near Kilwinning. I've heard that there is another Glasgow run starting in Tollcross Park as well.

I've ran Pollok & Strathclyde Park parkruns but haven't ran Falkirk. However I've heard there's a bit of a nightmare hill at the end.

• Youse can stick your 6 min/miles and you Craig, with yer 5:59m/m.  I am sticking to the 7's and the 8's because they are luckier.  One day, just one day, I might come on here with a 6:59m/m 1km interval just to make you all panic that I am about to take your crowns.  image  That'll make youse all lose a bit of sleep.

15W, I knew you would realise that a dog just doesn't give a crap about how many miles you have run and be back, with your tail between your legs. 

Chris/Surrey: Great runs!  Agree re water Surrey, hard to keep going when thirsty. 

Fiona, well done on the 12.  Are you on 55-70 plan?

Literatin - you have given me an idea... I may pin a big piece of paper to a cap saying TIME KEEPER. 

• NN - YOU WILL SMASH THAT!  

• Great running everyone tonight.

Helen, is this Delamere parkrun new?? Not far from me, might give it a go one Saturday. What's the course like??
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Great running last night. I may want to include myself in that image

Had a great tempo sesh last night -  5 x 1200 off 2 min recoveries ended up with 4:51, 4:47, 4:48, 4:49 and 4:47 (that's 6:31 to 6:25 pace image) and I can safely say that I have never run any reps so fast and yet felt so strong. Usually my last rep is my slowest and I'm about to die. Yesterday I could have easily done another one or two. Veeeery pleased image

craigtdavies wrote (see)

Easy warm up then 5 miles at LT, averaged 5:59 for tempo and felt well.  Nice few miles cool down.  Been on nights all week and was not looking forward to this, but it went fine.  5 miles recovery tomorrow and 18 on Sunday.

Excellent!! I bet your warmup was still quicker than my reps image

Chris J77 wrote (see)

12 miles with 7 @ LT done and dusted. LT pace averaged at 6.07 pace which I was more than happy with after the week I have had. Just the small matter of a 20 plus miler tomorrow now.

Fu*k you Pfitz is all I would like to say right now!

Brilliant stuff getting out there and do it!! And do it so well.

Enjoy your parkruns, folks.

• Chickadee, excellent running, more so finishing your last rep faster, excellent.
  • Chris J77 - fantastic LT run, very impressed I must say.
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Alright gang - Some good late runnin to turn the thread day  round done by all it would seem - did my 12, well 11.6 last night with the LT bits at 6.10, 6.24(hill), 6.11, 6.13, 6.07, 6.21(hill), 6.20 (fooked) abit all over the place but done never the less. Off for a 6 mile recovery before tomorrows cathartic 22 jaunt.

Heow - I will get over for Delamere parkrun very soon. Just get a sign with 'herb collector' on it.

• Working day for me today so rest day as well, just making sure I get some good carbs in before tomorrow's scheduled 20 which I may extend to a 22 jaunt as well if all feels fine.  Looks like everyone has got the programme mid week tough stuff out of the way well.

Have fun on those Parkruns, sure HeOw will liven up the end of Delamere with some kind words of encouragement for finishersimage

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

image Is it morning already?

Slept well, and ankle is much better this morning.  I'll keep on with the icing and anti-inflammatories for today and I reckon it should be good to go tomorrow.  

My cough is no worse.  It's just annoying more than anything, but it wouldn't be the first time I've started a race sounding like I'll be lucky to reach the one mile marker.

It was good seeing all the runners out as I went to get some petrol this morning.  It's funny how much worse the weather seems from the inside of the house/car than it is when out running in it.  

I can't get my head around some of the paces you guys are turning in image.  I shouldn't be surprised, though, because the book doesn't even go down as far as my pace in it's charts image  

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Don't worry Ten, I can't get my head round some of them either. Especially the ones that start with a 5. image

• Ten - good to hear your ankle is improving after some rest, and at least the cough isn't getting worse. Best of luck for tomorrow.

Just had a slow 4 mile plod round Clapham Common only to discover that there is a 15k race there tomorrow! Would have saved the trip to windy Silverstone. But I'm kind of looking forward to pretending I'm a race car.

Some smashing LT runs people.

• Ten - I also noted that my paces didn't appear either. Glad the foot is feeling a bit better. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and it took ages before it felt back to normal.

HeOw - I'm on the up to 55. Never run this much before. I'm really noticing the difference with my paces. Should have done it years ago!

I was on 5 miles recovery this morning which I did at parkrun. I ran most of it with a girl who was really struggling with run/walk so I just trotted along with her. She obviously pushed too hard as she puked at the end poor thing.
  • I can't get my head around some of the paces you guys are turning in image.  I shouldn't be surprised, though, because the book doesn't even go down as far as my pace in it's charts image  

I am with you on that one! I was pleased with myself when I hit 8.45 for a tempo mile! image I just don't understand how to get my legs to go any faster, saying light, fast, fairy feet over again just doesn't work when you're a lady with size 9.5 feet!!

Well done on all the great runs this week, it is nice to be getting into the speedier stuff after all the long slower miles. 

I have entered the Ironbridge Half, it is only 4 weeks out but I am prepared to take it steady so that it doesn't ruin the last week before the taper starts.

Good luck to those racing tomorrow. 

HeOw I hope you haven't cocked up the timing this morning... image Lovely morning for it, I bet you have had a great time, I know a couple of my club mates were going. I hope to get over there in the next few weeks.