Policing

2»

Comments

• KK, I didn't understand a word of that thing you wrote

• Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Slowfoot Going Goofy wrote (see)

Do you want pink and fluffy who worry about how you feel and will talk things to  or will grab wrongdoers by the balls and shake them till they stop ?

Both please. Like we have at the moment.

• I amazed that they see themselves as a service ahead of being law enforcers ! Policing isn't a job to make you popular  its about doing uncomfortable jobs that others can't or won't stuff being nice go get in the faces of the bad guys !

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

It's real life not Hollywood - society isn't divided up into easily recognisable bad guys and good guys - however inconvenient for policing that might be.    

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    A very interesting thread! As I come home shattered after my busy night shift (no mackys drive through for me I shall add!)
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    What did flat footed say in this thread to wind up kk? Or have some posts been deleted?

Personally, I'd like to know why the driver who drove straight into the back of me when I was stationary on my bike in broad daylight isn't going to be prosecuted. They've reminded him to be more careful. Perhaps if he'd killed me it would have made a difference? The paperwork would be worthwhile then?
  • Slowfoot Going Goofy wrote (see)

I amazed that they see themselves as a service ahead of being law enforcers ! Policing isn't a job to make you popular  its about doing uncomfortable jobs that others can't or won't stuff being nice go get in the faces of the bad guys !

That isn't how they "see themselves" at all. It's the government that made them a "service" rather than a "force". They see their job as keeping lowlife off the streets - same as they always did. 

The only difference now is that they have loads of meaningless targets to hit.

• Scream

I agree with some of what you say however when you look at the Senior managers the majority have all been promoted  not becuase they are good coppers but because they have met, introduced and reinforced the pointless targets Why have a senior manager who refused to send police in to stop a rave because she was worried about confrontation and bad press. Sadly to those who want to progress they haven't got the balls to stand up and admit that the targets are pointless because they want the next rank 

• I don't think the police should be allowed only to intervene when "the community" (who they?) consents to their presence and their policing techniques.

"Be ye ever so high, law is above you" sums it up for me. And that obv includes rich businessmen, bankers and fiddling bastard politicians.