Thanet 20 Mile

124»

Comments

• What a well organised event. Thanks to the fantastic marshalls for waiting for me!  Well done Thanet Runners Club.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Great organisation and friendly marshals, as is standard for Thanet RRs events. Thanks guys image
  • As you can tell from my avatar I am biased. I think this is a great race. I personally felt I benefitted from the reverse direction and was delighted to take a couple of minutes off my pb. I have decided to stop running marathons as Old Father Time is catching up with me but I am going to keep on running this one while I am still able.

Can I just give a big pat on the back to Sharon and her team and Ed the Thanet website man for getting a report and results up there less than 3 hours after the last runner finished.
  • Cheers CB but cant take credit for results as that was down to IEK!

Well done on your run
  • Great race!  Pleased to come 5th in 2:02:49 - was on for sub 2hr (and 3rd) until about mile 15 when the wheels come off badly.

The organisation and the marshalling were top notch - a really good job by all!  Not so fond of the course though - few too many hills and sharp turns for my liking.  The section off-road though was far worse - rutted, uneven and a right royal pain in the backside.  Is there no way it could be avoided next year? It was unfitting for such an otherwsie brilliant race.

• I had real problems with the Pfizer playing field section, I lost a fair bit of time on that mile. This was a new route so I guess teething problems were to be expected. We need to find a new Race Director for next year as Andy Carter is standing down, so everything is up for grabs. Finding Race Directors is unfortunately NOT an easy job and I dare say there will be a lot of soul-searching over the next few months to make sure next year's race even goes ahead.
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭

By coming off the path and running in the field next to it the surface was a bit better. 

• Had a good race, cheers guys. Struggled with the football pitch bit, ground was a bit troublesome for my likening.

Thanks to all, was my longest ever distance in prep for VLM and done 2.49 so am very happy.
  • Thanks to the Thanet Roadrunners, apart from finding the last few miles a bit tough, I had a lovely morning running, and what a nice medal!

• Thanks to all the organisers and the marshalls

I also found the last four miles tough especially the off road section and it seemed much harder to run this section last as in previous years it came near the beginning. I hope you will have a 2014 THanet 20
  • Great race but like others had a few problems with the football pitch and the orchard type area where the ground was very uneven and probably lost a minute or so. Was suffering with blisters at this point and this made it even worse!!

Apart from this I really enjoyed it, was quite a demanding route in places and tested me significantly over the last 3 miles.

Great prep for VLM and very happy with my 2.19.26 over such a course!

I'll be back next year.