Combe St Nicholas 10K

To All

Feedback having just returned from the race.
Brilliant.... because
The local school will benefit from all the money raised, the Fun Run was lovely to watch and lots of the kids collected prizes and certificates.
Not only was the course extremely well marked ( and it was revealed at the presentation the care and attention to not only sweeping and clearing part of the course, running at 6am to confirm all signage in place and check for any new hazards - ice which were then duly treated). Friendly enthusiastic Marshalls had braved standing on nearly all junctions to guide us along and give encouragement, despite the very cold temperatures.
A challenging course, but I still managed a respectable time, to be rewarded with hot drinks and Bacon Butties !!!

Prize presentation was across the board, so if your looking for a tune up race next year before a half marathon ( my reason ) or just an enjoyable challenge this is one definitely to go for .....

Comments

• Joanna

Thank you SOOO much for your kind words. I shall be sure to pass them on to those concerned.

Our whole ethos has always been that you, the runners, are safe and having a good time, so to hear you say we have met those targets makes us very proud.

Whilst we call the Fun Run an 'extra' to the main event, we do strive to make the younger entrants the focus of the ' fun' part of the day, and for them to have the older entrants cheer them home certainly lifts their spirits.

Thanks again for your time, support and kind words.

We look forward to seeing you next year.......first weekend in March !

Kind regards

Drew Anderson ( Race Director )
  • Just to reiterate Joanna's comments, this was a very well organised and friendly 10k.  The efforts by the race organisers and marshalls is very much appreciated as it makes the whole race run so smoothly.  With (encouraging) marshalls at all junctions and lots of signage, its probably one of the best organised runs I've ever done.

It was tough though - especially the hills!!!

Thanks Drew and all your helpers for making it such a great day, and great to know that all the money goes to the primary school.

Well done.

• Mike

From ALL of us....organisers, marshals and the school, ' Thank you '.

It's good of you to take the time to give such great feedback ; as we said today, if you the runners, can feel safe, enjoy the route and enjoy the marshals' encouragement, then we've done our job. 

Sorry about the hills though !  I'll see what I can do about levelling them out a bit.....

We hope to see you next year.....hopefully it will be the first weekend in March again...bring some colleagues !

Kindest regards

Drew and The Team

• Must agree with posts. Exactly how a small race should be run. No way of getting lost, loads of support along the way, car park big enough so that no traffic chaos.

Even had the common sense to salt the couple of bits of ice.

Thanks

• Hello,

I'd also like to reitterate what has already been said. It's the first race I've done in a few months, but what a good one to start with.

Really friendly organisers, excellent marshalling - it's so lovely to have people cheering you on at every junction, they did a great job and it definately lifts the runners spirits and really well signed.

Thank you to all who put in so much effort and for the lovely tea and butties at the end, oh and the prizes.

Here's to next year, hopefully I'll be a bit fitter.

Esme image

• PS. Will the results get posted anywhere?

• Hi

Just to say thank you to all the organisers and marshalls who made this event so good.

I will definetely be running this event again next year.

• Folks

Esme......results should be on school website very soon....will post here as soon as done....having a problem with the upload....sorry !

Thank you all for the kind comments. Next year will hopefully be even better. 

We look forward to welcoming you and yours.

Drew

(Race ' Director '  and Chief Medal Hander-Outer ! )

• Hi all

Results can be downloaded from here :

https://slp3.somerset.gov.uk/schools/combestnicholasprimary/Site%20Pages/PFA.aspx

It's an Excel spreadsheet, with two tabs :

one for POSITION and one in ALPHABETICAL.

I am already building a dedicated website for next year, which will have entry forms, photos and results.

Any problems.......clandrew1@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks.....Drew

• very well organised.    thank you!  from lynn and gerry hutchings.