GPS watch help

Morning all Can I have a recommendation for a GPS watch under ??100. I don't need bells and whistles, just how far I've run and pace. I'm training for marathons now, so I need to get up to 22 miles or so without guessing!! Cheers

Comments

• Garmins are good quality and reliable. The software for uploading your runs to the Garmin website is great, shows you all the data. You can get the entry level one for around that price. Or if you have a smart phone download the Nike plus app for free, its not as reliable as the garmin but still good for free. May be an idea to check out second hand prices on eBay. The 410 has just been reduced by amazon to ??170 I paid ??250 for mine a year ago, you could get a good 2nd hand one for maybe ??70-100 or possibly the 610 if you can stretch your budget a bit.
  • hi steve ive got the forerunner 110 and like you want, its got no bells and whistles BUT is very good image

got mine off that Rainforest site for 109 inc p&p 

• Looked at both of those, and I think they're both sufficient for my level. Just got to save up now. Cheers
  • Just to throw another option out there, if you have a look at Garmin Forerunner 305's on eBay they're going for £40-70 second hand.

Lots of functionality, which I know you're saying you don't need now but inevitably further down the the line you'll be saying "I wish my watch had xyz feature..."

• I adore my Garmin 110. Had it almost 2 years and it's never let me down. It tells me everything I need to know and is really simple to use.
  • I run with a cheapo digital watch and currently use WalkJogRun to record my runs.  I love it but get sick of updating manually so I am thinking of buying a Forerunner F10.  With regard to downloading stats to the Garmin Connect site, can anyone out there tell me if the F10 is compatible with a Nexus 7 (which doesn't have a standard USB port)?  Replies in words of one syllable please, cos I am not a techie!

• RunningRose wrote (see)

I run with a cheapo digital watch and currently use WalkJogRun to record my runs.  I love it but get sick of updating manually so I am thinking of buying a Forerunner F10.  With regard to downloading stats to the Garmin Connect site, can anyone out there tell me if the F10 is compatible with a Nexus 7 (which doesn't have a standard USB port)?  Replies in words of one syllable please, cos I am not a techie!

I don't have that particular model but think so.

If you get an app off the Play Store called "Uploader for Garmin" then that will allow you to connect your Garmin to the tablet and upload to Garmin Connect. If the tablet has a micro usb instead of a standard usb then you'll need an adapter, but they're pennies to buy: http://www.amazon.co.uk/female-Micro-male-Connector-Adapter/dp/B005GI5H22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362339525&sr=8-2

• That's brilliant.  THANK YOU.