Inner thigh workout

Hey guys

I've recently started doing proper workouts along side my running and other cardio and whilst my core, outerthighs and the majority of my other muscles are pretty toned and strong, my inner thighs do not seem to want to tone up, I've done multiple workouts on youtube targetting the inner thighs, but the majority of the time I can't actually feel anything in the inner thighs, and it seems the other muscles are doing all the work instead, has anyone got any tips or good exercises that might be worth a go? (I've tried regular squats, various pilates exercises and I also did ballet for 14 years but they've never been especially strong) 

Thanks your ideas will be much appretiated! image

Comments

• Pm me, i'll give you an inner thigh work out! image

• Yeah I probably should have worded it a bit better haha

• WHen you say 'tone up your inner thighs' , are your sure the muscles aren't already toned and it's just a wee layer of fat that is there.

If it is fat - there is not a lot you can do other than diet and if your body type is one where you carry fat on your inner thighs - again - tough I'm afraid.

You can't work one part of the body and get rid of the fat from that area (i.e. you can't spot reduce) - oh how I wish we could.

Plus, bear in mind these are smallish muscles compared to a lot of other places.  Go for a run - then do some weighted squats and weighted lunges and your inner thighs will be in AGONY the next day !!

No - don't really do this because it will overload the muscles terribly if you do the squats and lunges properly and I don't want you to get injured.  However these types of compound exercises do work your adductors. 

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    DF3 - the machine at my gym that works the adductor muscles, is called the Adductor Machine. They are not very imaginative at my gym image
  • Hannah, I know you've said you've tried Pilates exercises - have you used the Pilates ring or just done matwork type exercises? That gives a pretty well targetted inner-thigh workout!

• With regards to the 'Adductor Machine' I'm not actually a member of a gym, I've just been doing workouts at home- so no I haven't tried it, anyone have any ideas on some thing similar I could do without gym equipment? 

And GymAddict, what you're saying about the fat you may be right, Generally, there's not much fat on me, but it could just my natural body shape, I'm gonna keep working on them with squats and lunges plus my other exercises over the next couple of weeks and see if there's any change 

• xine267 wrote (see)

Hannah, I know you've said you've tried Pilates exercises - have you used the Pilates ring or just done matwork type exercises? That gives a pretty well targetted inner-thigh workout!

I've been doing matwork exercises, I don't know the names of the exercises as I was following youtube and online workouts, such as blogilates

• Hi Hannah,

If you get one of these and incorporate it with your matwork exercises, it should help with getting your inner thighs working Link to Pilates Ring on Amazon  - I think it's better than the gym machine to be honest! (and definitely cheaper than a gym membership)

Blogilates is really good, and Pilates On Demand have loads of different videos too (you have to pay around £12 a month but you get a 2 week free trial on the website)