London Super Hero Run

It’s time for the Super Hero Run!

Have you dreamt of saving a life? Now’s your chance. For real.

On Sunday 19May over 1000 of London’s unsung Super Heroes will come together in Regents Park and run to make a difference.

Free Super Hero suits are provided, but you’re more than welcome to bring your own quirky outfit and just make a run for it. Bring your friends, bring your parents and grandparents (you can also walk it) – bring your super dog!

By running 5k or 10k in aid of Doctors of the World you will be helping vulnerable people around the globe get access to lifesaving healthcare.

You don’t have to be a doctor to save a life.

You can register directly here: https://www.doitforcharity.com/book-online.aspx?eid=2335&cid=72222&charity=true

Or send an email to events@doctorsoftheworld.org.uk for more information or just to let us know who your favourite Super Hero is (ours is Wonder Woman).

WHO WE ARE

Doctors of the World UK is part of a global network with a 30+ year history, impacting the lives of 1.6 million individuals in 78 countries. Our 356 programs in both developing and developed countries provide medical care to vulnerable populations affected by war, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion.

Comments

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

You haven't said how much it is.

• I think she said it was free
  • You're right, sorry about that!

Registration fee is £22 and the fundraising pledge is £100.

How does it sound, would you be interested? For girls the suits are Wonder Woman and Catwoman and for guys Superman and Spiderman.

Last year the event was a lot of fun, hopefully it will be sunny this year too.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the info, how does a "fundraising pledge" work?
  • Thanks for your question Millsy!

As soon as you sign up you create a fundraising profile on either Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving (takes about 3 minutes). This allows you to collect donations online and they go straight to your chosen charity (that's us, Doctors of the World UK).

Then you spread the word to your contacts (family, colleagues, friends). Facebook and Twitter are very helpful to get the word out there. You ask everyone to make a small donation to the charity in your name. Usually people donate £5 or £10 so if 20 people sponsor you with £5 then you'll reach your pledge.

Apart from that, I'll also send you other tips to fundraise and I'll be happy to help you with advice whenever you need.

I hope this clears things up a bit?

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    So I would have to raise ??100 before I can do the race? What if I can only get ??50, will I be liable for the rest?
  • You have 4 weeks time after the race to reach your target. The pledge is a promise for you to do your best to raise that £100, so you're not liable because you're not bound by contract.

As long as you do your best to fundraise and I will do my best to help you do that, I don't think you need to worry.