Sleaford Half-Marathon

Hi Runners,

Just a quick reminder about the Sleaford Half Marathon....

Entries are open (either online or via post) and details can be found at www.sleafordhalf.com. We have kept entry fees at last years prices £13 affilliate/£15 unaffilliated, with an additional £2 for entries on the day.

This years race t-shirts will be technical t-shirts (for the first time ever)...  

Race numbers and chips should be picked up on the day - this means we can keep online entries open longer (closing date is 20th Feb) - please allow enough time on the day to pick up your number.  Don't forget to include your mobile number in your entry details so you can receive SMS of your time and finishing position.

If you have any queries about the race, our new email address is entries@sleafordhalf.com.

Thanks for all the positive comments on the last years race 

We hope to see some of you out in Lincolnshire on 24th Feb!

Comments

• Hi am doing this for first time this year so need advice as to whether is it preferable to wear 'normal' shoes or trail ones?

• Hi Rob,

The 'off-road' section is 1 - 1.5 miles of farm track so you should be fine with 'normal' trainers - especially as the rest of the race is on the road (with the exception of the start/finish which is on playing fields at RAF Cranwell).  

Obviously the state of the tracks will depend on the weather (thery were relatively dry last year but wet the year before), if necessary we'll make an assessment of the 'going' and try to let all entrants know prior to the race.

Thanks for entering and we hope you enjoy the race.  

Matt (Sleaford Striders)

• Just a quick reminder - there's now less than 3 weeks until the Sleaford Half Marathon on the 24th Feb.  Entries are still open, online entries close on 20th February and entries on the day will be available.

Full details of the race are at www.sleafordhalf.com

• looking forward to this as its where my racing virginity was taken way back in 2007 image was injured last year so is the only time I have run it, have been injured recently but recovering so looking forward to entering on the day, this event just rocks image

• Afternoon,

I'm planning on entering on the day.. There appears to still be availability according to the numbers on the start list.

Hope to see you Sunday amimage

• Hi Judith,

I can confirm there will definitely be entries on the day, just give yourself  plenty of time to get registered.  I'll be one of the many Striders looking busy (and hopefully not too stressed) before the race.

Hope you enjoy the run!

Matt (Sleaford Striders)

• Thanks to everyone who took part today - hope you all enjoyed it despite the cold!

The results are now up at www.sleafordhalf.com

Next years half is provisionally scheduled for 23rd Feb 2014.

See you there.

Matt (Sleaford Striders)
  • 2nd time at Sleaford HM in the build up to VLM and as usual a friendly welcome and a good course with a good technical Tee shirt this year which was an improvement on the cotton one last year. The only disappointment that this year it was not UKA acredited and does not appear on power of 10 or Runbritain which as a club runner is significant to me and may affect my decision next year.

• Hi Derek,

Just to confirm, the race was UKA acredited - license number is 2013-105571.  There seems to have been an admin problem with the license somewhere along the line but the half is listed on the RunBritain website at http://events.runbritain.com/events/event/sleaford-half-marathon-5/2013-02-23/

Thanks for the feedback and well done on getting round in the cold.

Matt (Sleaford Striders) 

• Thanks Matt, I suggest part of the problem may be that it was registered to run on Saturday 23rd according to the runbritain entry. I assume that this can be corrected and it can be acknowledged by UKA and put on post event as it would be a shame to tarnish such an excellent event by a bit of an administrative issue. 

• Hi Derek,

The results are now up on the runbritain website.  Sorry for the delay

Happy Running,

Matt

• Thanks Matthew, me and another team mate now very happy as I had a course PB and my mate had a half marathon PB.image