Tuesday 5th March 2013

Morning

Todays lyrics:How many times do I have to try to tell you

Yesterdays lyrics: Weak in the presence of beauty by Alison Moyet

What:4M Steady. Cold, bit foggy. Okay run.

Why: A recovery from yesterday

Cracking picture of NZ, would love to go and vist NZ

Coffee time

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: hope to break into a jog later...if not, a walk
    Why: depends how calf responds

Lyrics: yes.

Birks: Meant to ask, where are you up to job-wise?

Very cold this morning, but supposed to be a warm spring-like day later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

OH - look it up online, there's bound to be a guide to taping the foot to support the appropriate bit.

Blister's - sounds like a nice family celebration.

Foggy start to the day here too, but forecast to be nice later, maybe I'll manage a long walk with Grace again this afternoon - shan't be doing much else. Peak flow slightly better than yesterday at 380 but feel like I did ten rounds with an angry Frank Bruno last night. These things are sent to try us.

What:                   nil, nada, nothing
    Why:                    see above
    Last hard:            breathing isn't easy
    Last rest:             haven't done anything but

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    LmH - hope you recover soon, and try to stay positive - a spring walk today hopefully helps!!
    OH - hope its not too serious
    Sweep, Wabo - excellents stuff at your respective races
    NZC - looks wonderful, running pal on his way back from NZ. I fear I may have to suffer more stunning photos like that. Jealous? perhaps ; - )
    Blisters - nice pigging out, well done sir & belated birthday wishes to your little one...
    what - supposed to be club night but short of a junior coach this evening, so under11 training, followed by 45 minutes easy run
    why - Tuesday
    last rest - wednesday
    last hard - saturday
    lyric - possibly

• Morning

NZC: You live in a beautiful country

What: 50 miles on the bike done, swim later
    Why: JOGLE and I'm on gardening leave
    Last Hard:Last nights tempo run
    Last Rest: Friday

Lyrics: Yes

I did Abu Dhabi International Tri on Saturday and got well beaten by one Mr A Brownlee. He doesn't keep his bike very clean!

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

Morning all!

NZC: nooooo! don't post pictures of such beautiful but distant locations. I have consciously skipped several adverts for jobs in NZ and OZ, because I want to be a bit closer to my family at this moment (Newark-Brussels will be 6hrs with a good tail wind). It reminds me of some bits of Ohahu, Hawaii- volcanic stuff, too?

LMH: sigh... I would be frustrated. Speedy recovery.

Blisters: yes, but she only gets 17 once! 

What: 4M tempo-vals: 15' WU, * 5' faster, 3' slower, repeat from * until home again.

Why: Tuesday routine

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: I think so

I must change from saying "I am not a morning runner" to "I don't feel like I am a morning runner". At 7am I ran as fast as I did last week a few hours and a coffee later. Usually a 7am start gives snails with a zimmerframe a good chance of overtaking me; today's run was not easy, but I did not feel like dying quietly by the roadside either.

Kit update: I quite like my new Brooks Glycerine, they are light and nimble, even with the orthotics. Neutral shoes were not an option before orthotics, so it's all new to me. And like any good woman, I *heart* shoesimage

• Morning all. Final (possibly) long run before Cambridge Half today of around 15 miles, hoping to catch some of that spring day Alehouse is on about.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

alehouse, hope calf behaves

dd, wow racing against a brownlee!

what: club run later

why: had my rest day!

last hard: sunday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

wabo: congrats on a very strong HM race image. You must be well pleased.

NZC: Jealous image. I was fortunate enough to spend a good chunk of time in NZ and completely fell in love with the place. Waiheke remains my favourite to date.

LMH: sorry to read about your ongoing woes image

Here's a pic of my route - can't compete with NZ I'm afraid.

/members/images/411726/Gallery/elbufer_start.jpg

I live by the Elbe river and the green bit is a flood defense dyke. So sometimes I run on the grass, sometimes down by the river (which can't be seen in this pic, but it's behind the trees) or sometimes to the left of the dyke where there is a pavement. Great thing about the pavement: it has markers every 100m, brilliant for speedwork.
    what: 15 miles
    why: MLR
    last hard: bits of today - cardio is fine; legs are trashed; mileage is catching up with me
    last rest: 25/2
    lyrics: yes

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

no idea why the font has become small but I can't edit it image

• Afternoon

What 10 commute am 8 with hills return pm
    Why Double day Tuesday
    Lyrics hmmm

Will try and hunt down some pictures of part of my routes for later.

• Weather was pretty much perfect for a nice 14 mile spin around Carrington and Flixton. I'd post a photo but it's just any B-road in the country. image

• Unfortunately having a bath, baking a cake and some light dusting wiped me out today and I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon! Managed a little walk with Grace when I woke up - but only around a mile. Whilst my cough seems  little better this virus has obviously taken more out of me than I thought.

chickadeee - the legs will catch up, not long to go now. Nice to have some open space and different surfaces to run on like that. Why is the path marked at 100m intervals?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Beautiful spring weather here...hope you were able to take advantage 7D.  Must speak to you about routes now that you have moved! It is warmer than it was for most of last August here in the North-west! Rain tomorrow, apparently.

I had a brisk 3k stroll...wish I had had a camera to post a view or two. When I'm older, perhaps.

Will either go for another walk this evening or will have a very gentle jog: want to test things before I see the QofP tomorrow.

Just spotted your post, 7D: I was working in Partington this morning so had the joys of driving along the roads that you ran on!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Just 6 miles for me today, on call at work so stayed within the local area to the school.  Mixed terrain, legs a bit tired, tough old day at work so wasnt feeling at my best but plodded on anyway!  image

Lyrics - yes!

This photo wasnt taken today but I did run alongside the river today at the very same spot.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/img_1407_zpsb3c0d661.jpg

• Hey, you lot are going to so impressed with my photographs of Pizza Hut and Carpet World by the dual carriageway.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Lyrics: Yes
    What: Walk by the river
    Why: Not up to much else
    Last Hard:Sunday
    Last Rest: Last Friday

Just discovered a date mix up and have half mara at Longleat on Sunday and it's a 09.00 start. Ooops. Gentle jog as don't want to upset the quacks next weekimage
    LMH, hope you feel better soon. Good news is I've surpassed fundraising needed for VLM for Macmillan, bad news is I've got to work out a strategy now for doing it!
    Great pics but how do you upload guys?
    AH...hope all goes well at a stretch tomorrow.
    DD...what makes the difference in choosing LEJOG v JOGLE?

• SC - what's the issue? Are you not allowed to raise your HR? Well done on the fundraising.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Back from great weekend in UK.  Dress fitting went well, only minor adjustments needed (and not due to weight, rather due to height!). Hen party went well so all the planing was worth it.  Managed 2 runs, one of which included adding a new parkrun to my repitoir (and a decent time even though it was in the middle of a 6 miler).

What: easy 6 miler
    Why: the sun was shining for the 1st time in months so left work early to make the most of it (10C today, meant to be -10 by next week, sigh).
    Last hard: the start of that run
    Lyrics: nope.

Ohh some nice pics on here recently.  I often wonder where other people are running. Wabo thought of you the other day as drove past a sign for Chingfold (I think that's the name of the place, it was wherever you run near that sounds like that anyway).

Rght off to bed, plane delays meant I got home at 3 am on Monday, so some serious catching up to do!

Have a good one all.

• What: rest
    Why: tapering and taping

Scrounged some zinc oxide tape from our podiatrist this morning and put a couple of supportive straps across my fore foot. Seems to be helping although I've given badminton a miss tonight. Wouldn't be too concerned about it if it weren't for Loch Katrine on Sunday.

Lots of steady training going on above.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

evening all, good tempo run tonight, 1 mile warm up, 3 miles in26.50 and 1 cool down

chickadee i dont know, your photo looks pretty nice too! yes chuffed with my run - its made me feel more confident about my running

emzap chingford? thats me, too dark for photos tonight, maybe I manage one on saturday

donaldo, wow beautiful pic too

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

If I had pics of my 1st run today would have been nice - along the Thames in Reading.

But tonights was speed work on the industrial est.....

5m at Reading easy pace, then tonight, 15 mins warm up and cool down with 5 x 4 mins of 60 secs... happy days

Take care

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Made it down to the club tonight - 7M including six long efforts of 600-1000m. Trailing off the back of group 2 and taking a battering! On the other hand no injury issues at all.

....now if I can improve on my fitness, there's some very pretty girls in group 2, all the macho types being, of course, in group 1.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Good evening! Hope everyone who can't run at the moment is back on their feet soon.

Lyrics: yes! Twice in three days. I am clearly a popular cultural genius.

9 miles with 5x 600m intervals at 5k pace + 90 sec recovery jogs for me today, because P&D marathon schedules control my life at the moment. It would have looked like this if everything had not been obscured by a thick fog.

/members/images/699204/Gallery/river.jpg