Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    mattl wrote (see)

I think id be contacting the po10 Dean. They've credited you with a 61 min 10k and 328th place.

well done to David Richardson though on his 32.59.image

image i feared they would round up my time but to relegate me 327 positions &28mins is on the harsh side!  I think David is in his late 50's so his ranking might have improved image    Obviously very happy with a sub time....a confidence boost going into wilmslow in a few weeks.

Matt - trafford is flat, a couple of hump back bridges but they are small and immaterial.  i think you will fly round based on how you ran at ribble valley.  The start is very congested but it is chipped.

Stevie S - go easy this week big man, you cant make yourself any faster in the next few days but you can make yourself slower! you more than anyone would benefit from a taper judging by how large your winter has been.  Trust your training and your recent performance at the nationals and the race takes care of its self.

Dach - im always in awe of your session like this, top work.

Bus - please do 0.5m intervals tonight.  It wouldnt be track tuesday if there wasnt a 6*0.5m posting on there image

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

hahaha... I'll take care of that then Dean... my session tonight (kid you not):

12 mins @ MP + 6*800 (2mins rec) + 12 mins @ MP

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Thanks Johnas - takes the pressure off me image. It is by far the best interval session there is of course image. Not sure about adding 24 mins of MP though image!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Dean, you need to get that result switched, as othrewise it spoils the top 10 all getting pbs or sbs! Unless all this time you've been taking the glory for this David Richardson chap image

Got the 32.59 though!

Johnas, I'm starting to worry that I'm not doing well enough now looking at your 5k and your sessions. I need to remember that my 4 races this year have been 3pbs and a best xc showing!!

Bus, we littered up half a page on the thread arranging that! And now it's off! Fair dos though chap.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Sorry! Helps get my post numbers up though image

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Johnas, I'm starting to worry that I'm not doing well enough now looking at your 5k and your sessions. I need to remember that my 4 races this year have been 3pbs and a best xc showing!!

depends what your definition of 'doing well' is. as you say, 4 races this year and you've made huge gains in all of them. i wouldn't say that thats 'not doing well enough'. Quite the opposite in fact.

Personally, I'm only ever concerned with beating the clock and whilst it's great hearing and celebrating the successes of the thread, I'm don't worry myself about what others are doing day to day

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

true! there are always loads of rivals locally, let alone on any national scale!

8x200s at 1500 pace today with a 60second jog.

Ditched the headfones,which for that distance are a hindrance rather than any help, and pretty much ran very smoothly.

7x34secs, 1x33.

The 33 came after 52sec recovery, clearly me thinking, whoops I've recovered too little, I'll work slightly harder to make up for it!!

4miler later, then the big game.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Never mind Dean, Po10 still has 61 minutes down as a season's best...

Worked up a fair old sweat running today. A massive orange ball has appeared in the sky, and it has raised the temperature somewhat. Most disorientating not to be surrounded by freezing whites and greys. Not sure what it is, but think it might be The Rapture. Could be time to break out the purple robes and special Kool-Aid.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Certainly was a novelty to come off the track obliterated by sweat.

I guess we're at that 6month window of lottery where you can turn up at a race and find it blazing hot. Though generally the hot races seem to be limited...I seem to remember the mid 2000s as having loads of hot races, but maybe that's a hazy memory and lesser fitness talking

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Certainly wasn't hot first thing this morning! Still frozen, but this evening's run was certainly quite mild, though it cooled quickly as the sun went down. 5.5M hilly xc, and my first xc training pace sub 8 MM pace for quite some time!

Plan for tomorrow is 8-9M, with 2M warm up then tempo - maybe 2MxMP, 2MxHMP, 1Mx10KP, warm down 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

sounds quite demanding if the plan is to run that as a 5mile block image

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Yep - does to me too! Not sure how well I'm going to be able to keep to plan mind, but hey ho!  Mind you - looks a piece of cake compared to Dachs 11M version of a similar session, especially when you factor in Dachs' MP = my HMP and his HMP  = my 10KP!!!

• Tomorrow's plan: jog out to Holland Park, across Hyde Park, lap of Regent's Park, fix the president's internet in Maida vale and then back along the canal and Notting Hill for a lazy 13.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Bus, noone ever seems to get close to their 10k pace when they try a session like that. Sawney was telling me he attempted an even sillier session the other day, I think that had longer sections of MP and HMP image

• Session was 6 x 3mins @ 3K (3mins recovery). I did 4 x 3mins, and to be honest that was enough for me. Covered roughly 900m each rep. Still feeling a bit tired, but just easy running to see me through the week now! image

David, nice work on the sub 33! That one second carries so much confidence doesn't it? Sounds silly but is true. Thanks for the advice on the taper, it's easy to forget I've slogged my guts out to get fit this winter, so I prob deserve a good easy week!

Bus, I've tried that session you are planning. I never got close to 10K pace in the last mile, Best I did was continuing HM and kicking the last 0.5 mile at sub 6.

• ManU fans lost interest ...

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Yeah, but what you guys are forgetting is just how slow my 10k pace is image.

You're probably right though - it's not a session I've ever tried before and may even just turn into a standard tempo. 

Stevie - if anyone deserves a bit of an easy week it's you mate! It's always odd though how taper weeks feel somehow harder...

Obama Philip? nice long session for mid week...

• .Seb.Seb ✭✭✭

just popped in to say congrats to Dean on his sub 33! image great job, fancy going the wrong way though!

tough session that Dachs, lots of fast miles in there. good work. I did a much less volume but similar run tonight, 2mile easy, 2mile MP 6:06 avg, 2 mile tempo with hills 5:46avg. 2mile easy warm down. Not too stressful but a good workout.

• Legs are still sore after Saturday so an easier hour on the bike. Track Wednesday tomorrow image

The Bus wrote (see)

What's the Marlow Duathlon like IC? I've been tempted to do it in the past.

It's a nice friendly event. Flat 7.5 km run, 30%XC and rest road/pavement. Then a very lumpy 25 km bike, followed by a reverse of the first run. It's an event for all-sorts.

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭
    SG, I think uniteds problem tonight was leaving Rooney and Howard Webb out.image

Last session for me tonight and I was late joining the group at the track. Spotted they were doing 1200s so I sacked that idea off. As they didn't know me due to the lads from last week not being there, I decided to do my own thing. 6 x 800 with 90sec rev. 2.30- 2.31- 2.29- 2.32- 2.33- 2.31.

Felt horrific did the last two. Probably due to the long hours and running double days for 8 out of the last 10 days. I'll be following stevies lead and just doing really easy runs til Sunday. Double days are being dropped too. Only been doing them so often as I don't have the time for a long run.
  • DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    6*1k tonight 3.20 off 90sec rec. felt ok could have pushed harder but didn't want to risk anything as probably still something left in the legs from Sunday and saving something for the Xc this sat.

Some good sessions going on, nice and fast from the Trafford 2.
  • Hi guys... Just read over the last few pages, and you all seem to be knocking out some very decent training and racing... What I have noticed in the past on this thread, is that, when your running well then your all running well, but then you all seem to be injuried at the same time also...

I seem to be going through the training motions at the moment, lacking a bit of a spark... Couple of races coming up, so hopefully something might ignite that spark...

Again guys... Some cracking running going on....

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Ah that was a horrible football game last night. Nothing as frustrating as coasting to a win, and then a bizarre ref decision completely wrecking it.

Reminds me of playing footy actually, most games I'd come off feeling it should have gone better, whereas in running you generally get the time you deserve!

Bluenose, did you have a big gap in your running days? I can't quite remember if you said you did or not?

Day off work today thankfully, so a trip to do my favourite Marlow route, a nice 10miler out by the river and through some hills.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

im still seething about the ref last night.  whats worse is all these so called experts coming out and saying its defn a red when in real time nobody was expecting it.  That said we shouldnt have invited them on us like that as it was asking for trouble.

an angry 5m trot this morning

Seb. dont know how you are fixed on saturday for a warm up buddy but if you are free let me know

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

It was a real shock moment, like the Rooney and Beckham world cup ones.

If those kind of things are red cards you get them most weeks. And then you start dissecting the minutae and wondering why Arbeloa's stamp on Evra was a yellow not a red, and why a keeper can mistime a punch, smack a United player, get nowhere near the ball and it's nothing.

But anyway...back to the running...

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Just checked the scheduled session for tonight.  35 minutes of 200m reps.  Wish I hadn't eaten a massive pie for lunch.

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭
    Or the handball by the young Brazilian on the line?image
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

35mins? Mine was about 12 1/2mins yesterday, and that was 8x200 at 1500 pace, with 1min jogs.

Are you doing 24x200? Or are you not even counting recoveries, and doing 72x200? image

ps Matt, don't make us banish you like a couple of others image

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

No, the 35 minutes is the length of the session, so includes recoveries.  However, past experience tells me that the session can occasionally be shortened as the dissenting voices grow louder...