Running shoe advice

I bought some Mizuno Wave Nirvana 7s around a year ago and looking at getting some new shoes.. Am I right in thinking that these are stability shoes? What other shoes are similar to the ones im currently using.

Comments

• yes - it's a stability shoe, and yes - there are loads of alternatives

but if you've had no problems with them why change model??  I think version 9 is the latest model so you could try that or shop around online to see if there is stock of the 7 (unlikley maybe as there has also been a version 8 as well so the 7 is an old style now)

if in doubt, go to a decent running shop and try on some 9s and the alternatives

• Best advice for running shoes is...

DON'T TAKE ADVICE FROM ANYONE ON THE INTERNET WHO RECOMMENDS ONLY ONE SHOE/BRAND!

FB is right - either buy more of the same or actually try some of the alternatives from other companies.  I wore Nirvana 4 but hated Nirvana 5.  A quick search on eBay shows 22 men's Nirvana - don't know what size you are, but you could have a look.

• Cheers for the replies. Im going up to a running shop nearby tomorrow for a gait analysis and see what they recommended.