Wed 6th March 2013

Morning,

Todays Lyrics Some things in life are bad

Yesterdays lyrics Why by Annie Lennox

What:4 Steady miles for me.

Why:Bit of a plod

Some cracking pics.

ale: I finish on 26th Mar, have a few days holiday, so will finish the mid week before then. So have been seriously looking for  a new job . Waiting to hear from a  couple I'm in for.

Soem great pics. I'm rubbish at posting things like that.

Coffee calling

Comments

• Morning.

You'll have to get Miss B to help you with a photo birks. Hope the job hunting comes to fruition soon.

Good to have you back Tom.

What:               nothing
    Why:                peak flow 350 and a rough night
    Last hard:        sleeping
    Last rest:         if resting were an event I'd be a medal hope

Lyrics - not sure.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Some great pics being posted on here. Thanks for putting the idea out there Blisters.

What 9km flat - 1st 20 minutes with Iroman mate. She told me this morning she's done 44 Ironman events - no wonder they call her a Legend!

Then son shouted my husband and I out for a lovely lunch to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary. It is really tomorrow, but husband will be away working, so we celebrated it today!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Huge congrats NZC, 43 years wow! I didn't realise you could get married at 2 in nzimage

Excellent training as ever, and like birks I'll need teenage help to post pictures, thats if I remember to take a camera on a run...
    what - hopefully 7 or 8 steady lucnhtime
    why - short session yesterday: coached under 11s, then had brisk 35 minutes (4.8m) before collecting youngest from swim training.
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - saturdays long run
    lyric - not sure I do

• Lyrics: a classic that I thought everyone knew word for word. It seems that the babies of the era are now older and more mature. No wonder I struggle with the modern (1990s) stuff.

I'll post a photo as soon as I've actual been out for a run. I've not done anything at all this week yet.

NZC, don't tell me that you train with Chrissy Wellington?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

another pound off since last week, now 1.5 lbs away from that ever eleusive 10st! 8.5" off my body since september.  Think I am pretty much maintaining it now, I do feel good.

nzc, 43 years??? I doff my cap to you! Agree with Dustin too!

lmh, sorry to hear about your peak flow, I remember that only to well with my daughter.

Oh I am so hungry this morning! Weigh day breakfast is peanut butter on toast and butter on the toast! Got to love my weds morning breakfast I do!

what: 10 miles easy later

why: schedule

last hard: last nights tempo

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Some fantastic pics.  Donaldo, I'm jealous. Chickadee - that looks very like some of the land about the river here, rushes and floodbanks. I have a pic in mind, but it might have to wait until next week.

NZC - felicitations! 43 years, v. impressive.

Some excellent running going on too, impressive midweek efforts.  I like the idea of 10 miles easy Wabo.  The concept makes me giggle.  Hats off to maintaining the weight loss programme.

Good to see Tom out with the Club again.  Behave yourself!

Me? Run to work with Sharkie bits, with flL.  I think it was ten, but it might have been nine sharkie bits, and it certainly included one where, instead of couting bars of quavers in 2/4 time I was counting quavers in bars of 3/4 time (footfall = quaver). Wasn't really thinking.  It seems to be about the right amount of effort for a morning run.  Right leg top of thigh got cross and sulked in the end, so I didn't do the last "just in case I counted wrong" rep.  I don't think it's a niggle, but better safe than sorry. I think it's just grumpy.

Go well all.

• Morning

NZC: Wow 43 years, i suspect you have had fun

Tom: Good to see you

Wabo: Your getting there

What: 2K swim set done, 15K of hill repeats to run with Comrades bound club mate tonight, I might as well have entered myself
    Why: He entered Comrades and I offered to help
    Last Hard: Mondays tempo run
    Last Rest: Friday

Lyrics Nope 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lol stickless, trust me it wont be easy! It will be slow though,  for sure.  Love the sharkie bits! You know your counting steps may come into play on marathon day!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

NZC: 2 life sentences+ what an effort, congrats and well done.
    Lyrics: yes
    What: TKD
    Why: Tis Wednesday
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Friday
    Birkmyre: Good luck with job hunt
    (((LMH ))) Get well soon.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

congrats NZC image

Great pics Donaldo & lit

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

chickadeee - the legs will catch up, not long to go now. Nice to have some open space and different surfaces to run on like that. Why is the path marked at 100m intervals?

its for the emergency people - when the dyke breaks (like it did in 1962) you can tell them exactly where, i. e. at km 14.7 so they won't waste time searching.
    I'm very fortunate where I live. There's also a disused railway line where I do lots of long runs but it looks a bit bleak at the moment with all those bare trees ... will post a pic later in spring when it looks pretty again image. Hope you recover soon from the virus.

what: 12 with 7 @ tempo. My most dreaded sesh of the P&D plan  image. Tempo turned out as 7:11, 7:03, 7:06, 7:07, 7:06, 7:08, 7:12 (wind nearly killed me at the end). Went better than I thought. Sun was out and I got hot and dehydrated towards the end but so glad it's done image
    last hard: today!
    last rest 25/2
    lyrics: yes

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon

Lyrics: yes. Regarding yesterday's - loved Annie Lennox when she was in The Tourists - top post punk/power pop band (brilliant cover of the Dusty Springfield classic "I only want to be with you")

Stickless: 3/4 - love the idea of you running in waltz time (one, two three, one two three)......Me, I'm more a 2/4 time....a bit like those cheap wind up Christmas toys who's legs go like the clappers but don't actually move.

Christine: congrats on the 43 years....I'm about six months behind you and hanging on in there.

Chick : your 7M at tempo is a hard session, it must have given you a lift getting through that successfully.

For myself: a very circumspect 5M on a pair of very battered legs this morning. That's the price of trying to mix it last night with all those pretty girls. Seems like there's a fair bit of ground to be made up.

Have a good day all
  • Congratulations NZC - certainly deserves a nice lunch!

Well nailed chickadeee - I couldn't imagine running mile splits like that.

Tom - at least you're running.

Well done on the weight loss Wabo.

Hope it is just grumpy Stickless.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

LMH get better soon.  I'm glad to hear that you are taking it easy though.  Fingers crossed it'll go quickly.
    Wabo yay image  You're so close now.
    Chicka good session. 
    NZC congratulations image 
    Stick how is the river these days?  I'm missing it there.

What: 14 miles bike ride
    Why: it's really sunny (and it's the last day of it) so thought I'd make the most of it. 
    Last hard: Stopping to avoid killing someone...Was coming down a big hill at about 20km/hr on the bike path and a woman stepped out right in front of me.  I yelled "watch out" and swerved into the hedge.  She then started screaming at me (bear in mind she stepped out without looking into a bike path) so I just said in German, sorry, I don't understand, and cycled off.  I wasn't going to take it when she was the one that nearly threw me off my bike!  Was shaking so much I had to stop at the bottom of the hill and collect myself!

Anyway, not bad seeing as I haven't been on the bike for about 4 months.  Also, I was parked by the side of the path pumping up my tyres and a nice man on a flashy bike stopped and did them for me image  that did make me happy. 

Have a good one all.

• Afternoon

What 15.28 easy
    Why MWLR
    Lyrics yes

Congratulations for tomorrow NZC

Chick your splits suggest sub 3:15 is ythis the aim?

Feeling achy and heavy in the legs after yesterday so ran pretty much as I'm supposed to for the longer runs. Not sure about tomorrow eiter 8ish easy or 7 with hilly bits.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Thanks guys. I have no idea where the speed comes from at the moment. I hope it's not short lived ...

3:15 is my long term goal, postieimage. This time around I shall be happy with 3:25ish or slightly quicker. I have a half on 1st April. Depending on how it goes I'll figure out my MP.  I think we all feel the miles at the moment. Looking forward to a recovery day tomorrow.

• What: still resting tapering and taping
    (and neonatal resus update today)
    Why; Foot improving, LK Sunday
    Last hard: Sunday 24 Feb

emzap - an unnerving experience.
    Had similar only with a car coming out of side road years ago

LM.H hope you improve soon

• Thanks guys for the congrats - we've done well.

Tom - 1970 must have been a good year!

chickadee - that was a tough run - you are very strong.

Dubai Dave - good luck with Comrades!

Stickless - well done on the "Sharkie" bits!

Blisters - no not Chrissyimage - my friend usually wins the W65 age-group!  She has been at it for a long time and is well respected within the NZ triathlon scene.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I went out today but had nothing in the legs or head - no energy and no willpower!  Managed 4 miles anyway, probably due a few days off, must be coming down with something!

Lyrics - yup, and I do! image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

1970 was a good year!!! Just celebrated my 43rd birthday image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Many congratulations NZC.... we are 20 years behind you (+ 6 months), awesome achievement, well done

Rest day here today image

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Lyrics: I've used these before! I think it was following a friend's funeral, where this number was played!

So...
    Jealous of Wabo and the weight loss...mine won't shift.
    Jealous of Tom and being able to run...and indeed everyone else who is running, and there seems to be a decent amount of it!

Trying to take the positives out of tonight's QofP session: the good news is that she is really pleased with the leg I had the Achilles op on! She is less happy with the other one, and has advised more stretches, walking, lots of alternating heat and cold...but no running for the next week (unless it makes a miraculous recovery). So, looking on the positive side, it could be worse!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.