FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

Comments

• I still can't find you Benyo! See if you can find me...Claire Calladine
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Ok I found youClaire but I can't seem to send you a friend request? Il send you my FB link see if you can add me?
  • Benyo - they haven't sorted the final details yet but I was speaking to them last week (incidentally they are looking for pacers - will provide free t shirts, goody bags and transport costs if anyone's interested, have details if you want them) and it sounds like they will have a check point at Plumpton College before going up to Black Cap (almost the same route you took Benyo). Close to home for me so hope to get a few pals out (with food !). A clubmate of mine won the ExtremeRunning version the year after you did it (female race), the thing that bothered me was the reccying needed - I don't have the time or inclination. This one is really well supported, route marked etc so 'all' I have to do is the mileage

Mediocre Steyning Stinger yesterday, lost 15-20 mins in second half after falling, and then cramping. Trundled in at 4.30, still 20 mins less than last year but should've been better. Still, decent hard miles in the legs. image

• I can't find you boys in FB, It's driving my mad!

I survived my first Ultra, just!

Never, ever again, it ended up being 36 miles and I didn't really enjoy it at all, couldn't see the point in running that far. It hurt so much and has taken so much out of me. I was going to pull out, but as you know by know, I don't give up!

The route was amazing and the weather was fantastic, but I found it so lonely.

It took me forever, 6 hours 27 mins. There were 49 runner's 42 fnished and I was 16th.

I've pulled out of London and don't want to run for a while!
  • Chin up Claire ! Understand what you mean - I did a 30m event in November that turned out to be 37m. Almost lost the will to live ! You'll soon get your mojo bck I'm sure.

No idea how I am going to do 60 miles in May. Struggled with 26 on Sunday. Ho hum !!
  • Thanks OG!

My legs felt tired from the word go! I hurt my foot before Christmas too but have been ignoring it, went to the dr's Monday, he thinks I've done something to the bone so has referred me for an x ray!

Going to take a few months off running and hopefully come back for our club half beginning of May.

You'll be fine for your 60 I'm sure of it.
  • Cool - the rest might do you good. Will you be at Beachy ?

Still can't find you on FB.............image
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Claire I have sent you a message again, I can see your page but there's no button to send a friend request?

I'm sorry the ultra wasn't great, that's a cracking time though. It must indeed have been lonely. When I did the Sandstone Trail there were 200 entrants but I was really on my own for most of the race.
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I went to a parkrun this morning with mrs P great fun.

• After what I said to Benyo about membership. I don't seem to get notifications that other forum members have posted. Seems a little strange.

On the FB front, is it page set up or just friend everyone.

Not running again due to a cold and can't risk it getting any worse.

V3

• Viking - no page, just friends on FB at the moment. I'd try to find you if I knew your name !

• Good luck any runners for this weekend

Enjoy the day
  • Also from me - Good Luck any/all - have a great day !

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Thanks OM! OG is buying the beers afterwards image

• OG, FB Roger Arnie Porter. Sorry it took so long, I've not had any notification until the one above from OMAHD. I thought I had been erased. So not much action on here then.

Not had a good time with running, only ran three times since Christmas due to various reasons. I just need to get my head around running again, enter an event to keep the motivation. I think there is a big race in London on 13th June 2014, I might enter that. image 

Hope you are all well and if you are running in VLM13, good luck, last I heard it was Mr Puffy and Benyo.

• QQ and Mr P posted while I was typing, long time since I heard from you two. Glad you are still around.

• I'm getting Puffy's second beer, he'll have had his first whilst waiting for me to finish. Actually really looking forward to VLM, had a lump in throat at Expo, been a couple of years and have missed it. No records this year for me as just L2B training and prob still a bit weary after Brighton last week. Done a few tready miles and had a good massage this week though so still feeling up for it. Bring it on image

Very sad about the lad that died at Brighton last week (was getting CPR when I went past, quite distressing), and obviously events in Boston have impacted he running world, but we won't let the sickos win. Think VLM will be a bit emotional.
  • The very best of luck all, its going to be another fabulous day for all of you. Not sure who is in apart from Daz Old Gwasshopper and Mr Puffy - best of luck you two ol timers and to any first timers -it will live long in your memory! 

Claire cant see you on FB and so far I have spotted OG, SDM, MrP, Tiger Lilly.  

• Cheers Benyo. You'll be back soon too.
  • I was watching the finish cameras, not sure what times you guys did, but at after 3.45 they changed the channel and cut the pictures. It's a bit annoying if you were finishing at around that time.

I saw one guy who just missed 3.00, he collapsed at the line but had the sense to swing his leg over the line to stop his chip clock.

Awaiting you stories.

The ballot for VLM 2014 opens on 29th April.

• All finished guys.

Be good to hear your stories

Enjoy those beers

We need to be there with you next year!

Who's up for a reunion?
  • I'm entering.

Just read one of my post above and noticed I put down the date of 13th June, that should have been April 13th.

• Also looking forward to hearing your stories ! and great to see that so many still posting ! 

Have really enjoyed NOT marathon triaining this year but could be up for a reunion if there is one in the pipeline image ......

• Good to see you've gone back to QQ & not VSQ.image

• Pooped. 3.54.08 today, so 2 mins 30 down on last week. Back to backs are hard ! Ran too fast at the start, had a really horrible period 15-18 or so but somehow managed to pull myself together ang bag the sub 4. Pretty happy. Absolutely sensational crowd support and altogether very emotional today. Wouldn't have missed it.
  • So pooped I can't count. 3 mins 30 !!
  • OG you are a legend! Back to back sub 4's --- quality chi ! 

How about Mr Puffy? 

OMAHD and QQ it would be great if we could all get in for next year..I am defo going to apply as always - lets do it?  I think I have a place anyway more than likely as Mrs Benyo deferred 2013 so we could dress as a girl for 2014  

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    I had a rotten run but a great day overall, it was certainly the noisiest London I have ever experienced. Def up for a reunion next year, even if we don't we ought to keep this thread going.

I've got a really rotten cold and everything looks a bit negative at present but I'll soon be back to my old self when I get better