Thurs 7th March 2013

Morning

Todays lyrics:I get up, and nothing gets me down. Apologies if I've usedthese recently. Iadmit  l do like this song.

Yesterdays lyrics: Always look on the bright side of life from Monthy Pythonimage

What:4M Fartlek

Why: need some training strcuture.

Cold, windy and with smiry rain.

donaldo: A belated Happy Birthdayimage

Back later.

Comments

• Morning.

I'm at the gait analysis lab of the local hospital later this morning as a volunteer for them to measure 'normal' movement patterns (they said my leg length discrepancy was sufficiently minor to make me a usable subject). Not sure if I'll get any feedback or not but had the time so thought I'd try and help. Just hope they don't mind my coughing.

What:              nothing
    Why:               peak flow 380
    Last hard:       not seeing any improvement
    Last rest:        it's all rest

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: last training run
    Why: before Loch Katrine
    Last Hard:10 days ago
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

BM  Weather no better up north, although its dry just now

• Morning

NZC I'm not doing Comrades but all my mates are so I end up doing the training!

StrayCelt: LEJOG is percieved to be easier than JOGLE due to the prevailing wind from the SW, not sure it really makes any odds

Last nights hill work was "marketed" as easy so when were hammering up the hills at 7 min/miles I'm thinking what's "easy" about this. 9 miles in total at well sub 8 min/miles

What: 2 hours 20 mins on the bike in a sandstorm
    Why: Seemed like a good plan last night
    Last Hard: Last nights run and getting the sand out of my ears today
    Last Rest: Friday

Lyrics: Nope 

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Dubai Dave.....I can't but gasp at your training regime especially that hill sesh....ouch
    LMH that's almost a 10% improvement...20 to go
    Lyrics: Oh yes
    What: Ball room dancing and maybe a cheeky 5K
    Why: Because OH wants to learn and because i'm tapering for a half on Sunday: Oh wait, I do that most weekdays just nowimage
    Last Hard: Sunday's half
    Last Rest: Friday
    Have a cracking day all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Emz- phew! glad you're ok after the near miss
    Postie - nice run, good to be accurate to within 16metresimage
    I agree with you though, I reckon Chicka is looking close to 3h15 on current training (so no pressure there then...!!)
    DD - 'killer' hills!" nice work
    Stray/DD - when I did the Pennine Way couple of years ago, the conventional wisdom (and all the main guidebooks) suggest south to north for the reason you state: prevailing weather. We did it heading south (we called it "downhill", and also getting closer to home) and can't say that we noticed any major difficulties with the weather: it was either windy, very windy, very windy with rain or very windy with sleet and hail no matter what way you faced....
    what - something easy
    why - missed yesterdays lunchtime run, so went out last night for ~8 mile tempo. Tried to keep pushing the pace, legs felt tired on the last hill. Surprised to be just over 58 minutes as opposed to usually being just over the hour on this route. To be honest its probably more like 7.8 miles, but even so I'm happy with that.
    last rest - 8 days
    last hard - last night
    lyric - nope

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all lyrics yes

lmh, hope that peak flow improves soon!

straycelt wow thats some varied training you are doing! slow slow quick quick slow....

dustin its funny sometimes how you feel its a real struggle and get a nice surprise at the end!

last nights 10 miler was hard, I felt jaded tbh, however this morning's intervals - much better!

What: 1m jog, 12x2 m /400m, 1 min rec and 1 mile jog rec

why: schedule and now rest till saturday morning

last hard: this morning

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Wabo wrote (see

straycelt wow thats some varied training you are doing! slow slow quick quick slow....

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

Birkmyre: good luck with the job hunting- I didn't realise. I sincerely hope you can join me soon in the "I have my next job lined up" camp! 

LMH: ooh, that sounds exciting. The peak flow value doesn't quite yet, unfortunately. image

Other Half: go go go!

DD: JOGLE makes sense for the folks I know in Cornwall- they were cycling back home image

Wabo: nice session- legs seem to be holding out?

What: 5M easy

Why: midweek longer but easy run

Last hard: Sunday (abs training on Tuesday for non-running)

Last rest: Wednesday

That was a nice one: alternated between mediocre and strong, but came back home a minute faster than last week, not even trying. Strange how consistency in training pays off, who'd have thunk?  ;-)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Couldn't get on the site earlier so have forgotten what I was going to post!

Unlike SC I am down to slow, slow, slow, slow, slow...at best. Walking only for quite a few days. And stretching. And stretching. Oh for some consistent consitency in my running!

Wabo: Spurs tonight, methinks! Anything is better than ballroom dancing!

Enjoyed your Pennine Way report, Dustin!

Birks: is there any possibility of another extension?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Gait lab was interesting - first time I've been called 'normal' for a very long time. LOL. According to the nice young man the only slightly unusual thing is that I move my weight very quickly from my heel to my forefoot when walking which he said could be due to my being 'a well trained runner' - if only! 

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LM.H - Did you take it as a compliment (or not ) image

6 miles done with group tonight. Cold wet and windy - probably good training for Snday if weather men are correct

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

4 miles fast tonight in 27:14 - doesnt tell the whole story though as my 5th half mile of 8 took 4 mins - bit of a dip!!  Last 1.5 miles in 9:45 was pleasing.

Lyrics - yes! image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - Intervals (well - 15 mins steady(1.98m) / 15 mins Threshold (2.35m) / 15 mins steay (2.02m) 6.35m in total)
    Why - The Plan
    Last hard - Tonight was hard
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Take care

• Been a bit of a lazy / cake week. Apparently it's a Fink reduced week, but to be honest, I'm sure it doesn't mean nil.

6.6 miles round the hamster wheel. I might have burned off one of today's chocolate bars.

DD, sounds like you are preparing well for the English winter.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

No idea why my font is small

LMH oh dear  hope  your peak flow  improves soon

Birkmyre Hope you find a new job soon

Emzap oh dear some people do not look where they are going  hope you are ok

Blisters love cake

Donaldo Happy belated birthday

DD good luck with that you are going to be very fit

Good news  back running very short runs  going on the little and often and build from there

What: 10 mile cycle
    Why: felt like it
    Lyrics no but soething familar