Friday 8th March 2013

Morning.

Lyrics: Turn around - look at what you see.

Bleurgh.

What:               nothing
Why:                peak flow 350
Last hard:         still being ill
Last rest:          I've done nothing but rest.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all & happy friday!!
    what - 5 or 6 easy
    why - ticking over
    last rest - last weds
    last hard - wednesday
    lyric - not sure

lmh - the enforced rest may be doing you good...think of the positives!
    wabo - nice result yesterday, shouldn't miss Bale/Tom Daley in the 2nd legimage

anyone racing this weekend??

• It's been a whole week of absolutely nothing Dustin - and no sign of being able to resume in the near future either. Getting a bit down about it now - should be peak training weeks image

• What: boat to Aberdeen
    Why: Heading south for Loch Katrine marathon on Sunday
    Lyrics for us maybe should be "We will rock you" (or similar).
    Boat going despite SE gale!image
    Elspeth unfortunately just marshalling due to further injury (had been signed up for marathon too)

Hope things pick up for you soon LM.H

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

Dustin, lol no I dont think we will miss him, he is getting on my last nerve now! ALso we were not a oneman team last nigt which was good. He doesnt need to do it, I dont get it but the Spurs fans around me do seem to see things differently to me! Or is it just a  footy fan thing?

lmh so so sorry to hear you are still poorly

I think these lyrics are familiar

good luck OH!

What: of to a swanky gym with a mate tonight, on a pass, I am fearing it may be a bit towie which I will absolutely hate but she is nervous and needs some encouragement...

why: oldest dearest best bud and its what you do!

last hard: yesterday am

last easy: spurs last night image

have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Mornng all, just

lmh - that's really annoying. Are you still feeling ill, or is it just the peak flow?  Can you tell between asthma type problems consequent on infections and asthma type problems for other causes?  (Son two was a wheezer, and he had triggers which had little to do with illness, as well as responding to every cold with a prolonged bout of wheezing.)

Ale- is the ankle the limiting factor, or is the treatment also a problem? V. frustrating, I'm sure. 

Wabo - hope you survive the gym.  Never managed more than three times in a gym.  Stickless is Not a gym bunny.

Me? Early (for me) up and out with ex-LAMM partner who wanted company.  Ran outside comfort zone, definitely.  About 4 miles, minimum circumperambulation of city.  One stretch break, and needed to walk for a dizzy patch.  Really resented that, because it coincided with my favourit patch, along a board walkway by the river.  Somehow the boards have enough memory of springingess that they inspire my feet to behave likewise.

I would say grumpy hip is still grumpy but not injured.  I expect that when core gets a bit stronger it will stop being grumpy.

Away for the weekend, so I shall miss lurking about the half on Sunday.  Shame about that. No training either, but this week has been satisfactory.  Monday back to the Stairs.

• Hope the crossing is smooth OH.

Wabo - that's what friends are for - good on you.

Stickless - still feeling decidedly ill. Burning, rattling cough;, sore throat; swollen glands; alternately streaming and bunged up nose; headache; tired........ If it were just a low peak flow I'd probably be back on the bike at least. Hope you have a good weekend away.

• Hi All

Wabo: Don't have you down as a gym bunny

LMH: (((()))))

OH: Hang on

What: 60 miles on the bike with mates
    why: For once we weren't racing on a Friday
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Last Rest: 8 days

Lyrics: Maybe

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Good luck at Loch Kathrine marathon, OH

LMH: has it really been a week already? Oh.my.word. No wonder you feel down the dumps.

stickless: I like the sound of the walkway bit - I'm thinking fenland, dragonflies, a lazy breeze and wish it were summer!

wabo: have fun in the swanky gym - don't forget your pink crop top and layer on the mascara image   remember: swanky gym bunnies never ever break a sweat image

Good luck at the HM, straycelt. I'd rather race a hard half than try ballroom dancing image

Right guys, I'm signing off until March 17.

Did my 22 today. Cold and very very very windy. It was hard work.

95 miles in the last 7 days image - looking forward to a week of easy stuff. It will be cold in Denmark but the house has its own fireplace and a sauna too. Plus we have access to a gym. I may even do some dreadmill running image

Dustin wrote (see)

morning all,

Postie - nice run, good to be accurate to within 16metresimage
    I agree with you though, I reckon Chicka is looking close to 3h15 on current training (so no pressure there then...!!)

no way, Dustin & postie. As much as I love dreaming about it. I know my limits and I may one day well break 3:15 but not on April 21, 2013

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

not sure what's wrong with the site or my computer, but quotes don't quite work and I can't seem to edit anymore ....  image   and when I type it's this annoying small font that miraculously disappears when posting though. Weird.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Chick that happened to me yesterday and now small font as i type

LMH how annoying

DD 60 miles don't think i've even done that in a week

OH safe journey and good luck

What 3.04 miles
    Why: praticing a routine
    Last Hard: Today  had to walk halfway
    Lyrics not sure probably not

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

lmh - sorry to hear that.  You can't do anything but bide your time.

• Thanks for all the well wishes. No target time in mind aim is just to complete.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH how frustrating, I hope that you manage to kick it this weekend.
    OH good luck imageChicka have a great holiday
    Stickless I love that bit too (if it's the boardwalky bit I'm thinking of).

What: 12.5 miles
    Why: wanted to see how I'm getting on with the half only 3 weeks away
    Last hard: the 1st half f that, uphill and into a stong wind!

Quick question regarding nutrition.  At about mile 6 I got really really hungry.  I'd eaten porridge and toast for brekkie and had some dextrose tablets with me, and despite taking them and feeling my energy perk up, my tummy was growling for some food.  Any suggestions?  I have a problem with being hungry most of the time anyway, but when running for 2 hours, it's not ideal!

Have a good evening all.

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

LMH: oh my- doesn't sound like fun at all. I have plenty of suggestions for home remedies, if you need any- but I think by now you have probably tried everything under the sun.

Stickless: enjoy the weekend!

Other Half: best of luck!

Chick: nice long run

Wabo: joy of the gym... I still have to have my first session. I have acces to the university gym, but keep postponing signing up for the induction.

ETA: Emzap, crossposting! I also get hungry all the time. What works for me is eating enough (probably too much) the day before a run over 10M is planned. Weird, and it may be partly psychologically but who cares if it works.

Which reminds me I'd better have a snack right now.

What: stairs: 11 or 12 ascents

Why: Friday, and when tired I loose track of numbers

Last hard: the last one of those

Last rest: Wednesday

Pa and ma beestie are here for the weekend. Hooray!

• Happy holidays chickadeee - I like Denmark, whereabouts are you going? Though you've probably already gone!

emzap - I'm always hungry too but find that a gel is usually sufficient to stop the stomach rumbling.

Enjoy the weekend with your parents Tine - my in-laws were due but have elected to postpone their visit rather than risk catching whatever this is.

SC - you go steady with that ballroom dancing stuff!

Patience has never been my strong point and this is really trying what little I have. Now just hoping to be better in time for Ashby 20 next weekend.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

This tiny font is annoying me!

Stickless: the calf problem is a new one, and is with my "good" leg rather than the one the Achilles op was on. The general feeling is that it has had a lot to cope with over the last few months/year and has had to bear the brunt of any walking/running, and now needs a rest itself!

What: nothing today
    Why: long day working plus calf doesn't really fancy a walk, even!

Lyrics: no

LMH: I don't see much harm in a couple of miles of gentle running. I have often run in the past, gently, with my peak flow that low. It seems to kick start the breathing, to a degree. Mine goes low when I get pleurisy: are you on anti-biotics/short course of steroids? The latter seems to work for me.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

Busy today on here.

Yesterdays lyrics were: 'Jump' by Van Halen.

What: 3M easy

Why: A bit heavy legged

LMH: Hope you get back soon.

ale:This tiny font is aoso doing my head in

OH: All the best.

More to catch up on.

• ale: No I honestly don't think so this time re an extension. 

Cheers for best wishes re me finding anew one job.

• WAbo, even as a United fan, I really enjoyed watching Spurs play great football and beat one of Europe's big names.

Ditto, hate font, and have been having edit nightmares for months now.

Running? two days in a row. Didn't get a 20, but did tab out a very mizzle-pleasant 15 miles at a steady pace, apart from a little trot around halfway. I was measurably lighter after hte run. 2h 05m on feet. Cycling is going to be a shocker tomorrow.

Birks, good luck, on the hunt. I do know that companies are recruiting at the moment, and for serious placements too.

• Alehouse - nurse practitioner said that as it was viral antibiotics no use and she didn't think that steroids were indicated - though I think they would be  good idea. May contact the surgery tomorrow (they have a morning surgery) and see if whoever is on will prescribe. It certainly doesn't seem to be getting any better on its own. I can cough a lung up sitting on the sofa, laying in bed or walking Grace so I'm not sure quite what running would do!

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Let's get ready to Rumba!!!!
    LMH...careful on the steroids...virus may just need to run its course.
    Open fire and own sauna...envious chickadee.
    AH...stretch
    What: Not a lot
    Why: Exhausted afetr all that Latin stuff
    Last Hard: Learning the Rumba or last Sunday
    Last Rest: Oh...today.
    Well done Spurs...who'll bale you out in Milan tho?image