Men's Compression Running Socks

Have just been told that they can aid recovery if you wear them in bed?? Anybody else heard this?

Comments

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Interesting..... I can vouch for them being great whilst running and for recovery.... but in bed? I would have thought that they would restrict blood flow and consequently slow recovery? As in they are designed to assist circulation whilst standing up? This would not be necessary whilst lying down?

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Yes they do. Any sort of compression stuff will do - I recycle surgical stockings I got when in hospital (flight socks the same) and cut the feet off. They have a significant effect - legs nice and fresh the next morning.
  • Cheers for the replies, good to know need all the help I can get!!

• Coming from a woman, I use compression socks during my runs and wear it afterwards for recovery and they really work.  I don't experience calf pains and my legs feel fresh the next day.

• I've picked up two calf strains (both legs) in as many months and have been told thta calf guards might help prevent this in future.  Is this likely?

also is there any practical difference between compression socks, calf guards and calf sleaves?  The sock seem to be significantly cheaper.

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    I had calf problems last year coming back from illness, I have cheap compression socks from Aldi/Lidl and expensive calf guards (Compressport), they all helped and did the job equally well. Calf guards are more versatile and mean you can wear your own socks and get a few wears put of them. overall tho I probably preferred the feel of the socks as the compression effect extends down round the ankle and foot. I don't think there's much in it really and it's largely down to personal preference.
  • What are calf guards? Never heard of them!

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    cyclingnrunning.co.uk wrote (see)

What are calf guards? Never heard of them!

Despite the fact they are advertised on the site you are using as your name? That's not very good product knowledge is it. Anyone would think there was another motive behind your posting... I wonder what it could be?