Saturday 9th March 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Can you hear the sound of the fiddle and the drum?

Enjoy you running and racing everyone.

What:            nothing
Why:             peak flow 350
Last hard:      resting and not getting better
Last rest:       all I do is rest

Yesterday's lyrics were Never Ending Story by Limahl.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Oh dear LMH (((LMH))) We both know stress inhibits so maybe a few drinks and watch the rugby???

What: TKD pre grading (6monthly MoT)
    Why: Compulsory
    Last Hard: Last Sunday
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Have a good day all and may the better teams win this weekend

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all...
    ((((LmH))))
    Chicka - have a good break
    Good luck this weekend's racers

what - hopefully 2hrs later
    why - longer run, HM next week
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - wednesday

lyric - possibly, was definitely wrong yesterday though...

• Morning

LMH: I remember that song and singer from yesterday.

• Morning

LMH: more ((()))

What: 20 miles easy d & d
    Why: Friends are going to Comrades
    Last Hard: Getting up this morning
    Last Rest: 9 days, imminent

Lyrics no and I was wrong yesterday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Lyrics - not today!

8 miles for me this morning - all within a 1 mile radius of work since I was on call.  I'm on call tomorrow also (just my luck) so my 13 miler is going to have to be early and also within close running of the school!

This morning was really good, felt easy and finished in 59:27.  image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

good running DD and Donaldo.

Hugs to LMH

I was up at 7 ran to parkrun the long way round covering 14.5m then missed the start... plodded on and through te field to 18th (24:40 inc the late start about 90 secs to 2 mins) then ran round he course again to pick all the cones up before plodding on home..... the only time I actually stopped was to get my bar code scanned...... 22.05 in total in 3:05:42.. happy.

Salisbury 10m tomorrow hence the LSR today

Take care

• LMH, even though you are feeling in the dumps, you have been doing some fantastic training. It won't have gone to waste, despite what you feeling that simple stairs are hard work.

Donaldo, it's nice when you can just clip inside the hour for 8 isn't it?

DD and RFJ, decent long runs there, the pair of you, and I'm sure that Dustin will nail one too. There's nothing like committing to a session in advance is there?

For me, today was always going to be a challenge, but I didn't bank on this version.
    Up, fuelled, and ready to go with time in hand. Get one the bike and the freewheel mechanism has gone on strike. It simply won't free wheel. Back to the garage, fiddle about, no joy. Move over to plan Z, dismantle bike, empty car, and head off to bike shop. Right now I could do without the expense. Come home with a new helmet that I didn't know was that urgent. They were selling the old stock off.
    Back home and try to put the older hack bike on the turbo. This meant taking the frigging turbo apart and rebuilding it, because the wheel sizes were slightly different.

Managed an hour on the turbo.  That will have to do.

• Well persevered Blisters! I hope you're right - eight days doing nothing now and to be honest I don't feel any better than I did. May have to try an easy treadie run tomorrow - if resting won't shift it maybe I can beat it into submission?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

well done rfj that sounds pretty amazing

lmh so sorry to hear that you are still no better, hugs also (((lmh)))

blisters you hate days like that eh but an hour on turbo sounds 

donaldo sounds like a very good run to me

what: lsr 18 miles very hilly, 1st 9 in 90.53 2nd 9 86.04, I really dont know how I am doing this running faster at the end malarky, I need to have the confidence that I can! so an 18 miler with a nice neg split

why: schedule said I should

last hard: that was

last easy: friday

have  agood day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Bumpy but otherwise ok ride last night to Aberdeen. Now in b+b. Cool.but dry here just now.
  • Sounds good running wabo
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Wabo - super split there, I love it when it happens like that.

RFJ, that's some race preparation! :P

Blisters, it is a nice feeling - kinda hoping for a similar pace for the 13 tomorrow. image

• A negative split like that on your LSR is great Wabo - you should feel confident after that.

OH - is it an early start tomorrow?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

wabo - great running!
    likewise nice long stuff elsewhere: DD, RFJ and speedy stuff from donaldo
    me? well opted to off road sensing this might be one of the last muddy weeks of the year (stop laughing....)
    Plenty of churned up fields, thick mud and shindeep water. Lovely!
    not quite the 2 hours I had planned, instead did 12miles in ~ 1h45 . Effort wise though it was worth 2hrs on the road...
    Good luck OH 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Some great long running going on! Anything over an hour counts as a long run in my book, so hard luck Don!
    Wabo:
    aiming for 9 stone now? These long runs certainly help to drop the weight.

What: nothing
    Why: unless you count traipsing around shops this morning, followed by supermarket after the second rugby viewing of the afternoon.

Hope the racers go well tomorrow: I know 7D, RFJ and OH are toeing hte line...can't remember if there are any others.

Lyrics: another no.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse no way 9st, I would look ill! I was sticking to the schedule and it said 90 min s first 9, I have never managed this and I realise now that all my marathons I just get slower and slower and have nothing left! I was aware in the first 9 of holding myself back, and I just knew when I let myself go a bit it would be ok, I so hope this feeling continues!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can