Friday 26th December

Morning all

What: 5.5 easy (already done) then 10 miles over lunchtime including Ward Green 6 race.

Why: 4th year in a row - 37:31 in 2000, 34:49 in 2001, 33:18 in 2002, hopefully sub 33 today.

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 17 days

Happy training and racing.

Comments

• Morning,

Think I know the lyrics know I don't like the song!

What: Christmas Cracker 5M
    Why: was going to race it but after illness I'm running with Snail if I can keep up.

Last hard: too long ago
    Last rest: Sat

Run well BR & anybody else racing or training.
  • Morning.

Good luck BR and BT on your runs!

What: Weights and core stability hope to squeeze in a 5 mile run later.

Why: Phase 2 on weights prog and using december to ease back into running.

Last Hard: Tuesday

Last Rest: Saturday

Catch up on reports later.
  • Morning

Good luck BT and BR on your races today!!!

What a 7 miler later today

Last Rest: Monday

Have a great day out there
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ok now im frustrated!!!

Gym was closed so got wet cycling there for nothing!!

How strange, it was open yesterday morning but not today.

So now to re-arrange my day, will use it as a day off, run probably wouldnt have happened anyway as ive gotta work tonight and have two do's to go to, have this feeling im gonna be up 24hrs!!!!

So Rest day it is!!
  • HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot BR, just reading the one line will be enough to have me singing that to myself all day!

What: Macc Harriers Boxing Day Hilly Handicap
    Why: because it's Boxing Day

Last Rest: Yesterday (watching the Bond film horizontal, eyes closed)
    Last Hard: Christmas Eve

Higs
  • Morning All

what: 15 miles in 2 hours around the city, done
    why: Club run
    Last hard: Last Friday
    Last rest: 10 days.

Good luck to those racing
  • Good luck BR, BT and Higs and anyone else racing today.

Rest day for me (schedule says so - to be honest this marathon schedule seems to start off very easy!) May go out on my bike later if the weather improves. Need to get some cycling in before Milton Keynes Duathlon on 3rd Jan.

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday!

Good luck BR, BT, Hig and of course anyone else lucky enough to escape the family for races!

What-5 miles with the club this morning
    why-escape!
    last hard-few days ago
    last rest-yesterday

I think I know the lyrics too, for a change!!
  • ...afraid I don't

morning all

what: to be decided, but likely to involve fairly significant mileage and concomitant effort

why: It's Friday - normally do a key session on this day in recent weeks

last hard day: Tue
    last rest day: Mon

Happy racing and/or training all
  • Hello everybody, hope you all had a very happy christmas yesterday.

I'd like to join you on this daily thread if I may in my build up to FLM and beyond.

What - 7 miles easy later today.
    why - On the way back after flu/virus
    last hard - 1 month ago before I got sick
    last rest - Wednesday

Good luck to you racers...

P.
  • Welcome Percy.

Glad you are recovering.
  • Thanks M. - yes it has been very frustrating. Built up nice n steady to 50 mpw since June. Elated to get FLM place then almost immediately got the flu. Now all clear and building again...
  • Morning everyone, good luck BR and any other racers

What: Still nothing - was meant to be the club 5k handicap today.

Why: Still sick - on antibiotics now - just want to get better to go back to work on Sunday night then county champs next saturday.

• G'morning.....

Well....Xmas survived and still got three days of relaxation before returning to work- sounds ok to me :o)

Its wet and miserable here but I'll make the effort and get out for an easy(ish) 6 miler later. December's not been a great month for injuries and illness so I'm still taking things easy for now and if all feels ok I'll be racing 10K on Sunday.

Good luck everyone racing today- look forward to some race reports later. Let's see if you can break 34 mins this time BR!

• What: rest
    Why: Done 32 miles in last 6 days, which is 6 miles more than I have done recently so being sensible.

Good luck to all those racing - hope you are all turbo powered after yesterday's carbo-loading.
  • Morning all,

What: 4 miles tempo
    Why: That's all I've got time for, the kids need entertaining.
    Last hard: 12 days
    Last rest: Yesterday

Good luck to all those racing.

• I know how you feel Percy!

What - yesterday: 2.5 miles very easy, first run in seven weeks because of illness.

Today: I'll try 3.5, still very easy.

Its nice to be running again, but very frustrating to be effectively starting from scratch. Still, Santa did bring me a nice pair of Hurricanes!
  • Overslept (too much Xmas dinner yesterday?) so didn't join Higs for the club Boxing Day Handicap. He's just let me know that I got a FLM place in the club ballot !

This is serious.

Rest of today - stunned 4 mile plod, plus dig out some schedules for "Marathon Training for the Daunted".

• What: Clevedon 4 mile race

Had quite a good run...31.52, which is a minute and 1/2 slower than PB but it is christmas!

It's left me feeling pretty good tho, re-energised after yesterday's lazy day

Will go to the club tonight to get a few more miles in before we go off visiting for the weekend.
  • ha ahaaaa
    well done Lynne
  • What - 5k Furnace Inn fun run then a couple of pints. Finished 10th out of 170 something so quite pleased - 18.19 on an undulating mixed terrain course. Was over 19 minutes last year (although much more muddy) and did 37.31 2 days after at Caythorpe - so gives me some hope I might get a decent run in there - my pb is 37.24 - is it worth setting the Garmin Forerunner to 37 minute pace do you think - or should I play safe and stick to sub 38 for the time being?
  • Well done Lynne on getting your place in London.

What: a fairly informal and friendly 10k race with over 30 other runners. It was off road, a bit slippy, a bit muddy, and a tough hill right at the very end. My time was 61.38 not too bad considering the conditions. Liked the course so have made a note to go back and do it as a training run.

Best of luck to all those racing today.
  • Well done Jane and Popsider!

I did a 9.2 mile cross country run this morning on my own in the wind and rain but was great and now I feel smug enough to eat a massive roast for dinner, a box of roses chocs and maybe a glass or two of wine.

Hello Hippo!
  • hi Peeps!

what: 18k with the last 3k @ 10k pace.

Have fun!
  • Afternoon all,

What: Very gentle ten miles cross country this am with Mary

Why: Building mileage but at gentle pace as race on Sunday

Last rest: Saturday

Last hard: Monday

Simon
  • Hello dudes

1 hours base training done, took it slow and easy, longest run in 2 weeks due to illness, but it was nice to be back doing something decent

• Well run Popsider and Jane.

Quick race report - definitely a cat C race, hence run @ 5.30am.

Was in 8th position by bottom of first hill (1 mile). Cruised past a couple of young lads and one of our vets who had set off too quickly on next flat mile.

Left them way behind on uphill (mile 3) and that was basically race over. I could not make any impression on the guys in 3rd and 4th place (gap varied between 22 and 27 seconds) and could not see anyone behind.

2nd lap of the course was 16:11 (halfway in 15:55) so finishing time of 32:06, 72 secs quicker than last year. A slower 2nd half which is unusual for me but I ran it on my own and was saving a bit for the next few weeks training.

5th place again, so another 2 personal stereos (one individual, one team prize) but this time they are personal CD players so 4 year old daughter delighted with this.

Won a raffle prize of 6 wine glasses at the presentation afterwards as well so a productive day in all.
  • Debs well done on your run. Enjoy the roast and wine.

Pammie glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, slow and easy are my favourite type of training runs.
  • BR. Well done on your race.
  • My race report :-)

The Christmas Cracker 5M @ Whitstable.

Started off steady eased off after a mile, stitch at 2M & then stuck to the same pace until the final 150m when it was time for a sprint finish!
    I really enjoyed myself as the above race report is really for Snail & I ran with her![I'm not fit enough to race myself]. It made a pleasent change to be further back in the race today, not planning on makeing a habit of it though!

Met other forumites before & after which was nice once again.

MikeB, take you time getting back & I hope your not as bad as I was.
    Pammie, same for you too, it taken me longer to feel better than I thought it would.

Well done, Higs, Popsider & BR