Wednesday 13th March 13

Morning

Todays lyrics;We're leaving together,but it's still farewell

I used these lyrics approx 6 months agoimage

Mons lyrics: Have  nice day by Bon Jovi

What: An easy run

Why:Mylegs are heavy.

Meal out on Monday night was great.

Finish up next Tuesday, so taking the  5 days hols accrued.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Sorted for E's and Whizz by Pulp.

Sorry to hear your news Wabo - hope you're ok.

Enjoy the holiday birks - anything promising on the horizon?

Blisters - sorted!

Nice pic OH.

What:              nothing
    Why:               peak flow 380
    Last hard:        counting down the days until VLM
    Last rest:         it's not very restful

Lyrics - I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sorted for E's and Whizz by Pulp.

Wabo - sorry to hear your news. Hope you're ok.

birks - anything promising on the horizon?

Nice pic OH.

Blister's - sorted!

donaldo - is it today you go for your tests? Hope it goes well if so.

I was hopeful of resuming some gentle exercise if not exactly training today but it's not to be. Had another rough night and RHR is still high and peak flow low. Trying to stay positive.

What:           nothing
    Why:            peak flow 380
    Last hard:     counting the days until VLM
    Last rest:      it's not very restful

Lyrics - yes.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.  Had the perfect lyrics, but was beaten to it!

Wabo (((())))  I'm so sorry to hear that.
    LMH sorry to hear it's not going away still image  Is it still too bad to go for a short walk or something?

Beautiful sunny day here, so think I'll take the opportunity to go for a very slow, very snowy run!  I'll try and remember to take some photos and post them later.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Wabo: be strong. Really sorry to hear your news: these things come as a major shock. Running is the best outlet!

Back later: off to work.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all
    (((((Wabo))))) really sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you
    Don and SC - hope today goes well
    LmH - stay positive, you'll soon be back churning 21milers as if it was second nature...

what - 5 easy
    why - recovery. No club night as kids couldn't make it, so ran from home. 4x1.5miles with .25 easy in between. 8.5m in 63minutes with the w/u c/d
    last rest - sunday
    last hard - yesterday

lyric - not sure, but should hav egot yesterdays

• Wabo - thoughts are with you at this difficult time. It sounds as if it was mercifully quick.

What: probably nothing

Why: on call and recovering

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no

LM.H disappointing that pfr hasn't started to pick up.
  • So good I posted it twice - not sure if it was me or the site having issues this morning.

emzap - I'm still walking Grace twice a day

How's the foot OH?

Dustin - yes, hopefully by Sunday image

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Wabo: Sorry to hear your sad news.
    OH: Great pics
    Birks: Enjoy the  break. Use wiselyimage
    LMH: Nearly there. What time are you realistically aiming for at London? Maybe we can do mutual support.
    AH: Str....eeee.....ttttccchhh

Lyrics: Can't remember
    What: TKD and not sure about what else
    Why: Tis Wed and I have to and scan at lunchtime an unknown quantity...don't fancy the iodine tho!
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Cracking day today and the sun is out, shining on the righteous Scottish people in the valleys of Walesimage

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

thanks guys, alehouse oh yes the running helps.  Strangely enough at one point inmy life when we lost someone I could not run, it was too painful and I just couldnt do it! This is different and I need my running.

Went below 10st for this first time in years today. Amazing! So my weight is there.

oh yes I am sure it was very quick, his poor little dog was just sitting with him, sad.

LMH oh dear sorry you are not improving as quick as you would like, thats not fair but echo what others have said.

It is a lovely sunny day today.

what: 5 miles later, middle 3 9mm

why: schedule and sanity!

last hard: last night

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • ((((Wabo)))))

Yesterday evening was spend with swimming pool nose. It's like having a streaming cold. All due to the chlorine attacking my sinuses and nasal back passages. Finally I had a deep bath and tried to inhale (drown myself) in clean warm bath water, and it eased off significantly, even managing a decent night's sleep.

I think that it's run day today. Schedule? What's one of those?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello

What: just over 4 miles very slow as uphill and lots of snow!  Then 200 m swam and sat on the massaging jets in the outdoor pool (it's heated as it's -9C here today!).
    Why: needed to make the most of the sunshine.
    Last hard: getting in and out the pool, my wrist is definitely not better!

Agh, I took lots of photos, but when I try and upload them it just comes up with the RW error page.  Damn.  I'll try again later!

• SC - didn't mean to ignore you before. If I can get back to training I hope to be looking at a time that begins with 3.3 this year - but you never know what you're going to get until the day! Which start are you on? They kindly offered to try to cater for me at the pasta party and I was very tempted until I saw that it was the night before - can't take the risk of someone getting it wrong or cross contamination unfortunately - was hoping to hear their 'marathon expert' talk!

emzap - if it was your ligaments you damaged they are often worse than a break, especially in the elbow/wrist that you can't immobilise totally for say six weeks. Did they give you some strengthening exercises or advise wearing a splint when it starts to ache?

I had had enough, did 30 minutes easy on the treadie in the garage (so I could stop immediately if necessary and because I didn't think my hacking cough would go down very well in the gym). Has a bit of a coughing fit after 5 minutes but was ok and reached the dizzy speed of 11kph for a whole km whilst keeping my HR under control. I'm not dead. If I'm still not dead in the morning (or any worse than I was this morning and my peak flow is no worse) I shall try something gentle again tomorrow.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Good effort LMH. Not sure, but probably green.
    Had CT scan and boy that was weird. Iodine injection produces strangest sensations. Just need the results now and then it's informed decision time. I'll be aimong sub 4 at best under current circs instead of gfa as lost too much training time, but you never knowimage

• When do you get the results?

• Eh ?

I never thought I'd poste dtoday ?

It never showed earlier ?

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

Wabo, sorry to hear. Hope the running keeps giving you the outlet you need. You're in my thoughts.

Straycelt and Donaldo: hoping for a good result from the tests, that will allow running!

Blisters: pool nose. Now I know what it is called... Schedule? I only recently rediscovered them. no worries.

LMH: careful but hopeful. And lecturing: you get used to it. Though the first time with a new group is always cause for a bit of nerves. Best thing is to find cut-off points in your prepared material, in case you see you're going to run massively over time. Every lecturer does that the first time. Ask me how I know... The emergency we had yesterday was about putting the contents together for next semester, I was (fortunately) not doing a video lecture!

Emzap: ouch. and -9... Brrrr.

What: 5M easy

Why: no time tomorrow

Last hard: yesterday- though this sure should not have felt as hard as it did!

Last rest: Monday

We had snow this morning, so I decided to go early, before it turned to slush or ice (never sure these days). I was running less than 24hrs after a hard run, without coffee or breakfast, and I am not used to that anymore. Ooh boy. I managed to get home, miles banked, so I don't mind.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Good results for me today - although the doctor is taking a 2nd opinion on my readings, he is confident that there is nothing there to prevent running.  Phew!  Chuffed with that! image  Hope you get your results soon SC.

Tough day at work today - fall outs with staff etc.  Home at about 4:45pm and thinking my run wouldnt go too well.  How wrong I was!

It was just what I needed - got rid of the stress of the ecg and the stress of the tough day.  10 miles in 71:56.  Hard to believe but felt great throughout.  Must have some fall-outs more often. :P

Lyrics -  was humming that very tune earlier today! image

• Nice relaxing recovery (pool) swim tonight.
    Have large purple bruise stretching down back of left thigh! image
    This is the bit that was painful after the race.image
    Soreness is settling now the bruise is showing. image
    No idea when/how it occurred, but presume I tore a muscle in the cold.
    (and foot's doing OK now)

Maybe run with JS group tomorrow.image

Blisters - try post kayak training pool nose!
    Nose runs like a tap when you bend down or lie down. Pretty antisocial imageimage

Good news Donaldo

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

just back from a good 5 mile, middle 3 miles actually managed 26 mins, just under so I will be interested to try a park run  after the marathon and see where I am.

thanks for your thoughts all, am flitting from sad to angry tbh, my dad left when I was only 6 so I guess I am angry for all I never had, even at my old age! Its crazy. I am fine though, my Mum is my rock.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo - sorry to hear of your father's passing. Good that you still have your Mum. You are doing so well with your training and your weight loss.

There is a lot of sickness on the thread at the moment - get well all!

What: 9km easy with mates.

• It's not crazy Wabo - far from it.

OH - should you be running if you think you have a torn muscle?

donaldo - good news.

birkmyre - same think happened to me this morning - hence my double post.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Bloomin eck!  The doc just phoned and said he had taken a second opinion, I was to go for more tests at the hospital and I've to stop running until I get them....... and this after a 10 miler!!

I'm inclined to compromise on the advice... I will take it easy until the tests but I won't be stopping.

People slag off the NHS but you know what, they are bloody brilliant, even phoning at this time of night. image

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

Wabo: you just summed it up, nothing strange about it. Human minds do strange things in these kinds of situations.

Donaldo: image Yes, brill they ring you up, but I hope they can have a third opinion to keep you running safely!