Options

London 2014

... now all i have to do is enter

Comments

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Is there a confirmed date yet? A couple of charities are suggesting 20 April 2014 but that is Easter Sunday and I don't think it has coincided with easter before.

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    As long as they don't change the GFA criteria I should be in.

Haven't seen an official date yet.
  • Options
    I'm in too! After 5 consecutive rejections (and having 2 years in when they changed the rules!) I received email advising me.

But for now I've got brighton and north devon to keep me busy!
  • Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

It is on 13th April 2014

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

musketeer - If that is true that is marvellous news because that is the date of my 50th birthday. All I have to do now is get my GFA at Halstead on 12 May this year. How did you find out the date?

Congrats to you all - let's hope i manage to join you!

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

DS2, I have had 5 continuous rejections so am guarantteed to be next year. Had the email this morning with my password to enter on line by or before 2nd April.

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

That's great news for you musketeer! I had assumed that it would be on 13 April 2014 originally because I know historically it isn't normally run on Easter Sunday. However, some of the charities had started posting it up as 20 April so I was a bit unsure.

Good luck with your training. What are you hoping to do? Have you run any other marathons?

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

DS2 - I have done Amsterdam twice (2007 and 2009) and London 2008, so am a bit out of practice.

All the best with Halstead and see you in 2014!!

• Options

i was just searcing info for next year , great news for you , i will attempt a ballot and wait, at keast with 5 years i'll still get to run it before i am 40  - whoop 

• Options
    stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

XcurlytwigX, I may have mis-read your post - but if your hoping for the guaranteed place after five rejections then you are out of luck.  They've stopped doing it and I think this year is the last one that it applies, as they continued it for the people who had already been rejected twice when Virgin took over. 

• Options
    - but if your hoping for the guaranteed place after five rejections then you are out of luck.  They've stopped doing it 
    oh no image i didn't realise this , no . i may never get a chance, but i will start my quest for 2014 + , i will do the MK marathon anyway in 2014 image
  • Options

I have just found a site that says the start date is Tuesday 22/04/2014, so there, you will be running around London dodging all that rush hour traffic  lol

• Options
    I think the ballot is the 29th April, it is in the book that my daughter has had sent for this years marathon
  • Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Have now entered and got confirmation email, but have not been asked to pay. I suppose that they are using the same entry system that for the main ballot so will only have to pay later on

• Options

I'm in as a defer from this year due to illness.

• Options

You can still claim the five rejections place if you had your first rejection before they ended the programme.

I think they stopped letting people start the five years after the 2009 Marathon, meaning people rejected every year from 2009 until 2013 can get an automatic place, but people can't start their rejections from 2010 onwards. Not 100% sure of the years, but they definately let you continue existing runs after they shut the scheme down.

• Options
    What was the rationale of stopping the 5 years? I thought it was good - if you displayed that level of commitment it was a nice reward.