Guaranteed entry for VLM 13

Hi

does anybody know when I could expect to receive a guaranteed entry for London. Sent my money on 7th Feb but not heard anything and getting slightly (read VERY) concerned now.

Thanks

Katie

Comments

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    I don't understand Katy, did you get a place in the ballot?
  • Is it guaranteed through a charity? How did you pay? Cheque? Has it been cashed?

I got a confirmation email, have you received that?

You can't just send payment and get a place but I take it you know that.
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    When you say you sent your money, was it a cheque? You can look at your bank statement to see if it has gone through.

I'm not sure why you were sending off your money in Feb as usually for the ballot you either pay when you enter or just after you hear when you get in. (October).

Some more details will be helpful.
  • Most people have known since last year.

Is feb the last date for charity place runners to be decided ?

Seems awfully close to the race ?
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

CLub place maybe?  You have to send money with those, but I think that has to be sent in January.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I wonder what happened to Katie?
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I wonder who she sent it too? a charity? A guy named Bob? It's like Midsummer Murders.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    It does get frustrating when you take the time to offer advice in good faith and then don't get any response.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well, she only asked the question yesterday night. She might have the sort of job where you can't spend all day messing around on the internet like the rest of us.

• Thank u literatin, as u say not ALL of us r able to b on the internet whilst at work. I was talking about a club entry (i marshalled with my club last year) and thought somebody on here might have had an experience with this. I guess I was a bit vague! I thought people on here where quite friendly but I guess I was wrong!
  • I don't think anyone has been unfriendly ?

Prepare yourself for the marathon then - some runners don't even say excuse me before they barge past.

;-)
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Katie, whoever sorts out the club entries in your club would have received an e-mail from London Marathon (like I did) with instructions for payment once the club runners' names were confirmed, which included this:  This must be done no later than 5pm on the 18th of January 2013; we will not accept late entries under any circumstances.

• they will not accept any late enteries or even if they were lost in the post.our club missed out last year because of a mix up in dates.....

• Maybe not unfriendly but defo not very nice - I can read your post you know!!!

PhilPub - thanks for that, I was told by my club that we could send our money by the end of Feb. I did it as soon as I received the letter. It says on mine that it should arrive at the address no later than 10th February. Lets hope I hear something soon!

Millsy1977 - I only get a chance to check my post once a day!

Emmy H - I might sound it but I am really not THAT stupid!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Katie - I'm not sure of the date but I sort my clubs out before Christmas and tell the lucky person to post it immediately.

If you sent it a couple if days before the closing date I hope they get it in time. I once had a nightmare where I was late applying got my gfa and it didn't arrive before I left for holiday. When I returned home on the Thursday night it had come with a letter if apology from Royal Mail as it had been damaged and lost in the system. The closing date was the following day! I phone FLM (as it was then) and they would not accept it. I posted it anyway with the cheque and all the evidence but still they wouldn't budge. image. I'd check the cheque has been cashed or phone them (contact number is on the website).

Good luck - I guess you've got all the training done now and could do without this worry.
  • Katie- you're opening message was very vague but a few people tried to help. You seem a very sensitive person, thicker skin needed I think!

Anyway good luck and I hope you get it sorted.
  • I know of a similar case to Minni'a. They didn't get the place due to the post.

Phone asap, with all your training you need to know. Hope it's fine. 

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Katie Harris 9 wrote (see)

Maybe not unfriendly but defo not very nice - I can read your post you know!!!

PhilPub - thanks for that, I was told by my club that we could send our money by the end of Feb. I did it as soon as I received the letter. It says on mine that it should arrive at the address no later than 10th February. Lets hope I hear something soon!

Emmy H - I might sound it but I am really not THAT stupid!

You say that but as you mentioned: you were initially vague. You say: you're not that stupid - it's actually quite easy to do.

• Thank you for your advice guys, had checked and the cheque has been cashed so hopefully I am in.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    You should be fine then. If in doubt you can give them a ring. The number is on the VLM website. They were very helpful when I rang them last yr.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Good news Katie. You'll receive a mag with your final instructions in the next couple of weeks.
  • katie, just read your thread, trust me 99.99% of people on here are very friendly so dont take it to heart, I have run twice on places given for helping at water stops but did not have to pay as they were "freebies" as a way of a thank you