Stamina building

Hello,

I do a lot of running/jogging and take part in numerous runs/charity events but recently, due to bad weather, I’ve been unable to run outside and due to budget constraints it isn’t possible for me to go to the gym and use the treadmill.  As such, I was wondering if anyone knows of any exercises I could do at home which will maintain and build my stamina?

Thanks

Comments

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Going outdoors and running would be the best bet. The weather is pretty good around my way at present. It was only during the snowy / icy period where I was wary about outdoor running, and that was only for more pacey stuff. What is stopping you from running to maintain your stamina?

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Where do you live Andrew? I think I've only missed 2 runs this year due to the weather.

As Also Ran said the best way , if you are on a budget, is to run outside. Get some cheap warm running gear from sports direct, TK MAXX etc and just get out there.

Races happen in all weathers so you need to be prepared for it.
  • mamafoxmamafox ✭✭✭

Hi Andrew, sorry but this post is absolutely nothing to do with your request for stamina building exercises (personally I think just going out and running in whatever the weather has to throw at you is the best bet!! - with the exception of ice maybe..) I was actually wondering how you got on with your injury problem you posted in January. I have EXACTLY the same symptoms and have not been able to run for a month now - supposed to be running Nantes marathon Sunday but can't run more than 1min without stopping. The doctor now seems to think it's maybe a trapped nerve. Could you let me know what your diagnosis was and how you came through it?

Many thanks and apologies again for going completely off the subject!