British Cycling - just joined on a cheap deal, is it much good?

Quite fancy maybe a couple of events as a bit of fun (won't be speed with me riding). I quite enjoyed a couple of ten mile TTs a while back. However, it seems really complicated with provisional race licence this, full race licence that, various categories the other, join a club etc.

Just seems a bit, well, intense, is all. Or am I overly complicating things?

WIll a BTF licence do?

Or have I wasted a tenner?

Comments

• TTs are run by the CTT in England, though you can still attend the local ones for £2 a pop. I don't know anything about BC, but let me know how you get on. I think some cyclocross could fill a hole between Tri and XC season.

And it's an excuse for a new bikeimage

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Sign up for "platinum status" on Wiggle, spend a few bob, and you've got your money back anyway.  image

• "Sign up"....like it!

• Already Platinumimage

The deal was though a work related scheme. TBH, I am minded to go to the TTs as before and just pay teh two/three quid on the night. Cat, I'll contact you when they come up again. Quite a nice evening out and you already know the route. 10 miles.

YOurs truly yet to break 30 mins. LOL!

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Best thing would have been join a cycling club that's affiliated to BC - get free BC bronze membership from that (not sure if all clubs or just GoRide ones) - and the club will also be CTT affiliated allowing you to ride time trials.   Our club is a tenner I think so same price.   

Apart from that your provisional licence will be good for some circuit races and like someone said for cyclocross.