Natural obstacle races

Our wild running charity event on 11th May is all about natural obstacles created out of the landscape on our site of outstanding natural beauty - trees, water, hills, plus a few manmade obstacles for fun (ladders). Does anyone know of any other events like this? See www.chilternwarrior.com

Comments

• Yes plenty .... they all generally advertise on here by going through the correct channels

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Is it a proper "race" eg chip timing, prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd etc?
  • Hi Milly, yes, chip timing, prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 

Can you give us any advice on how to make a great event as we are a charity and appreciate your input. We are working with a team of people who run other events but it is always helpful to have feedback. Thank you.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    What might get more people to sign up is having the price clearly placed on the home page of the website. It took me ages to find that part out.

It's probably worth pushing the point that there will be timing an prizes as that's what puts me off doing other obstacle races such as tough mudder etc.
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

A lot of runners like a memento, esp for a difficult, tough or adventure race - yours comes under the flag of adventure race, plenty about, check out Rat race or zombie apocolypse but there are loads of others, some long, some short.

Those that ran the zombie apocolypse really loved their dog tags infected on them, also had beanies, but buffs or a tech t are good momentoes. No cheap medals and no cotton t's, I like cotton t's but I'm in the minority.

A good nosh up is vital, shouldn't cost you but if you can get local charity like WI, Lions, Rotary to help out then great, otherwise find good event caterers. Cake always goes down well, far better than burger and chips.

• Mud runner, hell runner etc all have similar sounding events already...