Keeping a diary/training log

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone on here keeps training diaries / logs of races etc? If so, do you keep them on/offline, on a blog or on websites like garmin/strava etc? Is there anywhere you can post photos too? Just interested to know what options there are. Look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Comments

• I've kept a paper diary nice 1983. Also used the Nathan training log since 1986
  • fetcheveryone.com but have now moved to trainingpeaks which is a dreadful looking site but I have been forced into it by my coach and the fact that it has a good iphone app and sends all my workouts to my work calendar image

• Training Peaks for me ... I dont find it too terrible GA??  That said I am prob quite used to it by now

I always back up in a diary tho, I like to have something quick n easy to refer back to

• I am getting used to it - I like the sncing of all my various calendars etc - I just want my week to start on a Sunday and it won't allow it!  I think perhaps it does just a little bit too much (i.e. a million graphs etc) but there are a couple of things I would like to change - i.e. I would really like to scroll down the page to see next weeks training rather than having to press the forward buttons - minor I know but that kind of thing irks me image

• I do understand that bit!!   Or at least to be able to customise the day to start!

Cant you opt out of the graphs on the dashboard?
    Like most of my gadgets I dont use it to its full potential, uplodad files, plan the week or look to be told what I am doing !

• yes - I opt out of most of the bits and bobs - I like the weekly planned hours/completed hours bit.

• I have a snazzy Runner's World paper diary and I log my runs on the therunningbug.co.uk as well. Still haven't got round to syncing my Garmin up with my computer even though I've had it over a year now. I think paper is still my favourite method of logging runs though, it's nice to have a physical copy of sll your training, something you can flick through easily and writing it down makes it feel like an accomplishment.
  • Kathy HKathy H ✭✭✭

I use the Good Run Guide. Even though you have to pay to subscribe, I find it really useful and easy to use.

• I started off using paper but now I use a spreadsheet (OpenOffice 'cos I'm too tight to buy Excel).

I have formulae in the spreadsheet so I stick the distance and time in and it calculates average speed and pace. Also adds up total miles for each month and how many miles I've put on my shoes.

• Sticky88Sticky88 ✭✭✭

Tom77, I do similar to you, an old fasioned excel with my intended plan, actual distance in km and miles, and pace, weather conditions (temp, wind, muddy, slippery, icy etc), resting and post HR, time of running, type of running, which shoes I wear so I can calculate shoe mileage. Weekly total mileage etc. I have an 'old fashioned' analogue watch so  rely on my spreadsheet

• I down load stuff from Garmin into Mapmyrun with odd thoughts and comments from time to time.

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

I don't keep any log of anything I do. Can't see the point. I know what I did last week and what I want to do next week. I've never looked back on anything running wise from the past when I have kept details. Only ever run with the Garmin when I want to see where I've been.

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

fetcheveryone.com image

• I just upload my garmin info, used to have a spreadsheet but found it became just another thing on a very long list of things to do