Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• afternoon everyone

ecky - well done to your girl's netball team. YOu need to rest and recuperate

well, my boy is cetainly perkier than yesterday and his fever has gone, he just isn't eating yet. he has been drinking though which is good, and playing

did a 2 hour turbo this morning - would have gone outside but didn't want to be out with the little boy ill, and good job because I had to stop to clean up some puke!

it is very wet and really cold here today, but no snow

by eck - what happened on your run?

• Thanks Mathschick, I was so proud of how they all played. I promise I am resting and Big Girl is just looking up Cake recipes to help me along image . I am glad your Son is feeling better.

• spoke too soon - the rain has turned to snow

I am so sick of this winter weather! Where has spring gone?image

ecky - hope your big girl can make a nice cake for youimage

my big boy is doing a concert with one of the bands he plays with this afternoon, so will be nice to go and see him perform. Won't get my long walk in this afternoon but never mind, going to nip to the gym for a bit while the band is rehearsing as it is next to the leisure centre anyway

• Ecky..fantastic that your girls netball team won and that it made up for you not being able to race...rest is very important part of training especially as you have not been well.

MC..well done on turbo training..not soo good about the puke though..lol..glad he is feeling better and hope you have a nice time at boys performance.

• Mathschick, I am fed up of it too. Its freezing here today and wet and miserable. I hope you have a good time at the concert later. Oh no, I just saw that your son was sick again.

Thanks Franny, its so difficult though isn't it. My friend just posted her time for today's race and although I am so pleased for her I cant help feeling a bit gutted. I suppose though my aim for London is more about getting noticed than a great time so maybe I need to take the pressure off.

Well I now have a new Loo seat and Big Girl is making Lemon Drizzle cake which is one of my faves. I will get her to make an extra big one so that I can share.

• Ecky - Great about your girl's netball match! Such a shame about your race though. But you are right to rest up a bit when you are poorly. Enjoy the lemon drizzle cake. Yummy!

Franny - well done on your 6 miles.

Loula - lovely about your daughter's dancing - sounds like a nice way to spend the day.

MC - Good to hear little boy is a bit better.  Enjoy the concert.

By'eck - funny about ending up in a chippy!

Hi everybody else!

Well I managed 4 miles yesterday and .... 14.5 miles today!! Hubby took the kids to see OZ at the cinema so I could have a LSR and it was SLOW that's for sure - lol! But at least I broke my 4 mile rut.image

Doing homework now....image

• Ecky-Well done on your girlies net ball team. Don't be too disappointmed about your 20 mile race. 5 weeks top go for you - 4 for me- scarey!

MC-Hope your sons concert goes well and you have a good session in the gym.

byeck-How things with Moo?

Franny-My legs are ok and did a 7.2 miler in an hour this morning. No running tomorrow,but, 19 or so on Tuesday with a couple of ladies from my club & then I have promsied to run another 19 -20 with another ladey from my club who had an injury a couple of weeks ago and wants some comapny on a long run. I think I am a good samiritan at the moment. Then come Friday long runs doen and this taper malarky starts. image

Have a good afternoon.

• Ecky - We just got a new loo seat too! It's got shells in it!image

• Whoops AF! I didn't see you there. Well done on your 7.2 miler!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

yayyyyy to the ecky big girl netball win !!! was that today??!!! gosh hope you didnt have awful weather today. i havnt run today, was going to this afternoon but its snowing on and off .

well done sis on your run today-nice recovery run after your long.image

• Jude - well done on getting such a long run in! Bet you will be a bit achy tomorrow 

the concert was brill and my boy did wellimage

and little one has had a bit of soup and some strawberries and is busy playing on the computerimage

• MC - great the concert went well. Well done to big boy. I love that sort of thing. Glad little boy is finally eating.

And I'm achy already....image

• Jude-didn't see you her as well! Well done on your long run.

MC-pleased to here concert went well.
  • Jude - 14 miles is a massive jump from 4!! Sometimes it is nice to feel achy though, makes you feel like you have worked hardimage

• Yep, know what you mean. It's a good feeling. I had to take the opportunity for a long run and I had a few walking breaks because I didn't want to overdo it (and boy I needed them.)image

• Great run Jude! image

Well done on netball games, concerts and loo seats!

• Morning

Still snowy and horrible?

Ecky how's you feeling?  Don't want to push yourself too far during / after a cold.  Looking forward to meeting you at Mudchute!  I guess you and Teddy will be easy to recognise image

Jude, jumping from 4m to 14.5 is massive, well done.

MC hope your little one is feeling better....

AF I am in my taper now and it does feel strange.  It's the first time I'm doing it 'properly' and ramping down leaves me feeling under-used.  I had a rest day Saturday (ok, hangover), then yesterday was 7k easy followed by a circuits session, and today is another rest day.  Feels very lazy.

• Mooooooorning.

Thanks all, middle Ecky did seem quite pleased about their win.

Wow Jude, that's fantastic and I cant believe I missed that yesterday.

Morning Loula. We just had rain yesterday but it cleared enough for Hubby to wash the car in the afternoon. It was still covered in mud from last weekend.

Louise I'm really looking forward to meeting you too. Me and Trev will be very hard to miss in our matching Tamworth AC running vests.image I am still feeling tired but Im sure my Big Girls Lemon Drizzle cake will help to build me up imageimageimage

I will be going for a little run later with the Dance Mums. Ooh I didn't tell you either that the Charity I work with are considering putting me on a short introduction to counselling course so that I can be the very first point of contact for families. I will help with advice and pointing them in the right direction for help. I kind of do it unofficially now but want to make sure I am doing it properly. Bonus too last week, I finally got my jacket from Women's Running. I cant wait to try it out later.

Hope everyone has a brilliant day.

• morning

ecky - brill news on the conselling course

little one much better, but we are keeping him at home today (well, at my parents' house) as he hasn't eaten for 4 days, so school not really a good idea! hopefully he will eat today and back to school tomorrow

• Thanks Mathschick. It means I will have more confidence when speaking to families as I always worry about saying the wrong things. I would be the same too with my lad if he hadn't eaten for a few days. They need time to build back up again don't they?

• ecky - I am sure you wouldn't say the wrong thing 

my boy seems to be ok, so off to school he goes tomorrow

• Wow Jude Well done on your long run Fantastic

AF well done on your run to Ah yes you are a very good samaratin

Ecky How was the lemon drizzle cake

Well its snowing here again BUT I did go out when I came home from work and ran 5.5miles image my face feels like it has had a facial Lol
  • MC pleased your boy is back to normal

Ecky meant to say you will be a fabulous counsellor image
  • Hiya Franny, tha cake was lovely. Well done on your run in the snow. Awwwww thanks too. Its only an introduction so that I have the basic knowledge but it will be enough for my role with the Charity.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

morning all, Ecky you will be fabby in your role as counsellor indeed!! well done!

• morning allimage

big boy has his grade 4 trumpet exam today, fingers crossed!

• Good luck to your big boy MC!

Ecky - I'm sure you are already a comfort to the families you speak to but I can see how doing a course will give you more confidence.

Staying late for a meeting after school.....and started rehearsing for the next lot of presentations.... busy at the moment.

• Afternoon,

Good luck to MC junior with his trumpet exam.

Ecky-You really are a star and we are all so proud of you.

Well I have just come back from my longest ever run with a couple of ladies from my club 2.17 miles in 3.02 really pleased as we had to go through some very muddy fields and a couple of floods so we kept up a good pace.

Beginning to feel confident and excited for the marathon now.

Really must go and do some work now!!!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

Godd luck to your boy MC!!! DID IT GO WELL?

• Oops 20.17 miles and I am worn out.