Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

Boss, thanks for correcting that -i was  reading it three times over trying to get the corect ratio of time v distance there !!! image

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

i kinda thought it wasn 2.17 miles in a very very fast 3:02 minutes at first !! lol

• LOL to the above I thought the same.

Well done AF and rest up tonight.

Hi Loula?

Hope your booys exam went well MC

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

hiya franny sisimage did you run today?

• Well done AF!

MC - hope exam goes well.

Migraines+no sleep+nausea = no training of any kind. Hope to be well enough for a bike ride tomorrow

• hi all

chili - oh no! hope you start feeling bettter soon and get a good night's sleep tonight

lol to AF - you are superman!

big boy says the exam was fine, he doesn't get nervous and just treats it a bit like a music lesson I think, and was happy to have the afternoon off school!

turboed this morning and have been to the gym for 30 mins run/walk on the treadmill and a bit of core/strengthening work, cut it a bit short though as I was late leaving school and OH was a bit fed up about me going to the gym. Of course, now I am home he is just lying on the sofa snoozing!

• Been away from here dealing with a plumber and poorly moo. He has a yucky cold that he isn't shaking off. We spend most of the day lying on the sofa, refusing to eat and drink. He does have the odd spell of wanting to do thjngs but then the calpol wears off and we need mummy cuddles again.

MC, well done to big boy. When does he find out the results?

I had a little run last
  • Morning

Hope you've recovered from your migraine chili - do you get them often?

by 'eck sorry to hear Moo is a poorly boy image

My last 2 days in Dubai, heading for Johannesburg on Friday.  Looked at your weather forecast in UK - horrible conditions for March.

Did my 1.5k Time Trial last night.  Although I am still very slow, I am 15s a k less slow than I was 5 months ago, so I am quite pleased, especially since I have done very little speed work for shorter distances and have really focussed only on endurance in that time.  

• Wow, Louise. That is real improvement!

Discovered that moo was justified in wanting mummy cuddles. I took him to the drs and discovered he has fluid behind his hearing ear, enlarged tonsils and a very very red and sore throat. Banana medicine, calpol and lots of mummy time.
  • Louise - well done, that is a great improvement

by eck - poor moo, hope the banana medicine doesn't make him hyper like it always did with mine!

not sure how long it takes to get the results of the music exam - previously I think he teacher has been able to tell him after a week or so.

• Afternoon

Wow Louise that is a fantastic improvement

Byeck hope Moo feels better soon

Loula sis No running yesterday but I have done 14.2miles in the freezing cold and snow this morning My bottom was frozen and my muscles didn't seem to warm up at all I wish the nice spring weather would arrive
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

louise thats good you are improviing-as the thread suggests we are all getting a little bit furtherimage

franny sis, my bum froze monday on my run -when will it get warm????? 

• franny - it has been snowing here too, well done on getting the miles in

I have decided today is a rest day - I am too tired to do anything anyway

• Well done Louise

Byeck - sorry to hear about Moo. Hope he is better soon

Franny - great run!

Loula it really is so cold image

Slept last night and am feeling so much better today. Bit of a headache but no migrane. Had a lovely bike ride with my cycling group. image

• Morning

Hope everyone is okay.

Chilli, glad you are feeling a bit better now. I cant even begin to imagine what a migrane is like.

Awwwww By Eck, poor little Moo.

Well done Louise. Its great when you see improvements.

No running for me yet this week as I was still feeling drained. I am out with club tonight. I want to try out my new spangly jacket that I got from Womens Running.

• morning all

chili - hope you had a good sleep last night too and feel good today

by eck - hope moo is feeling better today

OH got made redundant yesterday, he has been there for 20 years so it is a massive shock and I am worried about how he will take it once it has sunk in, and of course the money worries when the redundancy money runs out! He is not good at interviews so getting another job might be a problem, I think we need to start looking at agencies to maybe get started....

• Awwwwww Mathschick (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))). I hope he manages to get something else quickly.

• Awww no mathschick. Thats horrible news. If there are others bein made redundant there may be help with gettin a new job.
  • MC, sorry to hear that. It can be massively stressful, even when you know it's not personal it still affects the ego.  Hope it turns into an opportunity for positive changes.

• Oh no! MC. What awful news. So sorry. Big hugs and we are a virtual shoulder to cry on when you need too.

• Aw No Mathschick (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I hope he finds something soon before the redundancy money vanishes. Take care now xxx

• Oh MC! What terrible news. Do hope he finds something quickly.  (And not as long as my hubby....) I know how stressful it can be. Thinking of you. xx

• It's time for elevensies.

The kettle is on for tea or coffee. Am just toasting hot cross buns and have proper butter. And there are some still slightly warm choc chip brownies freshly made this morning.

Anyone care to join me on the CRAC towers sofa? Thank you to whoever lit the fire this morning we certainly need it!

• *settles down on sofa* Chilli that sounds lovely, Choc Brownie for me please.

• Oh hot cross buns!  With butter on please image...

• Afternoon,

MC-Sorry to here taht news. What line of work is he in? Hope he gets another job as soon as possible.

byeck-Hope Moo is ok?

Franny-Well done on your 14 miler.

Really busy at work at the moment so flying visit.

Hi LLB,Ecky,Louise,Chilli,Jude etc

5.8 miles for me this morning.

• I have some rather scrummy sticky ginger cake. It is actually moo safe but tastes rather good. Anyone want a slice? Would go well with an afternoon cuppa, or warm with custard or ice cream
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

MC (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) really hope your OH sorts something out , everything always comes right in the end so dont worry image

ive made flapjack to add to by ecks ginger cake, shall i pour tea? its so cold out-tea and cakes is needed.

• Definitely loula. We're huddled around around a heater
  • evening all

thanks for all the thoughts. It was parents evening for year 10 today so just got home, felt bad staying out so long with OH on his own, I told him not to watch Jeremy Kyle as he will just end up depressed watching that every day

shattered, so need to put my feet up once I have sorted out tomorrow's packed lunches..