Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Daddsy...

If your training’s gone better than expected…or worse, of course…you can change ‘ colour’ at the Expo. Head for the desk marked’ Litiges’, near the point where you pick up your number. They will mark your bib....your race number...with the ‘ new’ colour. You will not be allowed into a different ‘ pen’ on Sunday morning unless you’ve had your ‘ bib’ endorsed at the Expo..

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Daddsy...I can't send messages through the forum.Something's a bit wonky with it, at the moment. Can you message me? If not , mail me at atmparis75 at yahoo dot com and I'll send you some stuff .

• KeyserSuze - still space to add you on to the Pasta Papas list if you want. You just need to say. Can't promise who you'll sit next to. It's a bit of a bundle on the evening as you can imagine, Italian restaurants within a km of the marathon start line.

SP13 wrote (see)

Marathon weekend is the weekend before my dreaded 40th birthday so we are making a nice long weekend of it - without the children. Lovely. So I am looking forward to a long weekend of romance, marathon and sightseeing.

"Long weekend of Romance, Marathon & sight-seeing aren't ones I'd normally put together in one sentence, not without a juxtaposition anyway. Hope all your dreams come true SP13image

Then sorry I missed you RR. Give me a bit more notice next time and I can arrange a nice running tour. You didn't bother with Parc Leopold did you?

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

KS, sorry to hear about the appartement.  Accor is the largest hotel chain but their site tries to sell you their most expensive rooms (300€+).  The cheaper hotels are on the outskirts of Paris. La Defense could be your best bet, it's 1 stop to the Arc, it's the business quarter so it's a ghost town at the weekends. Ibis La Defense is at 92€/night.

• Thanks TD, will let you know asap, just need to sort out accommodation first image

• Ooh PC91, that sounds promising - thank you! Will have a look. It's a shame really as an apartment was going to suit us, but nevermind. 

• TJb - We are staying 0.5kms from you. metro gathering indeed!

KS - Hope you get something sorted quick, I know the panic I had and that was months ago.

• or a 7 seat sherbet?

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    TJB- it's definitely walkable but then again, so is most of Paris. On the morning of the run you may not fancy it though.

The metro only takes 10 minutes but once you hit Charles De Gaulle then the tunnels from the platform are crazy full.

When we arrived at the platform we'd just missed a train and the next one was a 5 minute wait. It was full when we got on it and more people got on at the next stop.

We got to Rome at 7.30 to get to the Arc for the meet up. By the time we got to the Arc it was gone 8, so we missed it.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Blimey I'd forgotten what Taper is like in here! I'm just wondering g when to do my marathon hair colour. It's a big decision, see...
  • I have had my haircut. A bit early, but I couldn't leave it any longer. I was starting to look like an ageing hippy. Just need to get it coloured now.
  • Please let me know what colour you choose YM. I wouldn't want to upstage you.
  • Medical certificate , signed and sealed , must remember not to lose or forget it ,

I'm not even thinking about what I'm going to wear or take with me to Paris

And will leave the haircut till nearer the time as well
  • Simon - not to early for the cut but maybe early for the colour?  Your roots will be showing.

• DLR - yes, I won't be making that mistake again.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

Is this the year to abandon the go-faster-old-slapper nail varnish? Or not? A Nation waits...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    ATM don't be daft, woman. Anything could happen.

Hair is currently red and will remain so. Please make sure you coordinate with me Simon...
  • White it is then.

Snowing again so I'm off for a swim. Still hate it.
  • My haircut is next Thursday, but I am not colouring again after Amsterdam.image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I really shouldn't have binned that stupid Paris snod from last year. I think I've lost feeling in my nose after tonights run due to that bloody freezing wind.

• kaz1 wrote (see)

My haircut is next Thursday, but I am not colouring again after Amsterdam.image

Left you feeling pretty blue huh?

• DV if you need letter of receommendation I am sure we can come up with something pretty special here

Half Ma for me this weekend and it's going to be freezing apparently. I know, I know, I did Winter training but still. I really hoped for Spring race. Plus it's going to be extra windy and we are crossing the bridge. Twice

ATM I just tried to messaged Maus and my message dissapeared. 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

I can't send or receive messages, wi. IT bods...Is there something users can do to fix this or is it the site itself? Can anyone use the message function?

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

ATM - I think the techincal term is the messaging system for the forum is borked!

• Horrible 8 mile run finished. Legs really heavy, shin splints niggling and sinus infection doing it's best to make a comeback. Not a happy camper. Reckon I need to listen to the ol' body take a complete rest day tomorrow and hopefully will be back on form for Thursdays run.

Ooh a marathon haircut....now there's a good idea!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

OK..Low-tec it is..

just limbo-ing under he tec bar, there...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    NeadG deffo a couple of days rest, you don't want shin splints to get their evil grip on you now. Lots of calf massage for you.

Home thank goodness. Good conference though and the trainer seemed very surprised that I knew who Victor Frankl was. Not somebody who generally pops up in a financial services conference admittedly...

If the thread is quiet it's because half of them are on my fb regurgitating every known Simon & Garfunkel song. Ffs.
  • Can anyone help? My boyfriend is running the Paris marathon in a few weeks and his GP won't sign the medical consent form as thy believe they will be liable in some way shape or form if anything does happen. We've called other GP's to no avail.. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Should he pay and go private for an actual exam?
  • My taper "mustn't get ill" madness has started. I'm a teacher and one of my pupils today had a stinking cold. She came near me and my instinctive reaction was to say "don't come near me, don't make me ill"! She looked rather taken back and replied "erm, don't you mean get well soon, sir?"!

Hand gel purchased by the gallon!
  • I know yer_maj, the joys of ice packs and lots of calf foam rolling image.  You've clearly been that soldier! All will be well, I've had a whinge now chanelling positivity.