Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Not a super dim question at all - my doctor put my name in there image . But it should be the name of the race.
  • Viool - from memory it's 'Marathon de Paris' as your bib number and name are elsewhere.

• DLR - thanks mate! That's sort of what thought, but the old paranoia is really kicking-in. Are you LUFC, by the way? Though a Londoner my folks were from Leeds, and I'm a Revie child. God help me.

• GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

Sorry guys, seem only to be posting on here when there's confusion over stuff but if 'Race Number' is my race number then shouldn't 'Race Name' be my name??? Unless the Paris Marathon has some number I don't know about..... Take your point that my name's also elsewhere.... 

• GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

Just ignore that last post, the French version of the Certificate says 'Nom de la Course', name of the race. 

• Ha   image    Don;'t you just love this period...  

• Sorry. . . I think I've introduced a new branch of taper-angst! Goldeagle; that race number/race name thing was bothering me. I think DLR is right, but I'm going to put both names in the box just to really confuse them. 

• last year I put Paris Marathon, and it was accepted!

• Ha ha taper paras!
  • Nice one guys! Problem raised and solved in 1/2 an hour. 

• GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

By the way guys, I know it's probably noted somewhere several hundred pages back, but  where's the post-race meet up?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Last year Race name was my name.  This year Race name will be muy name....but I might add in Paris Marathon as well just to be sure....

Goldeagle it's at Corcorans - the one on the left bank, not the one in Upnorth

• Alarm bells going off here.

Naomi fell at school yesterday, arm was really sore last night but put it down to bruising.........today slightly swollen, extremely sore.......a mild sense of deja vu...........

Doctors in 15 mins

• Vioolman wrote (see)

. Are you LUFC, by the way? Though a Londoner my folks were from Leeds, and I'm a Revie child. God help me.

For my sins.

Ironically I had a season ticket in the 80s and first year  didn't they won the league!  Then, went to few games until they dropped to league 1 when  got a season ticket again.  Didn't renew after the last promotion as under Bates it's upper premiership prices to watch a team of free transfers and loanees while he sells off any player worth anything in order to subsidise his vanity building projects - on a ground LUFC don't own... 

• GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

You think you've got problems.....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

((Kaz)) - crossing fingers and arms for Naomi and hope she's ok

• Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Vioolman wrote (see)

. Are you LUFC, by the way? Though a Londoner my folks were from Leeds, and I'm a Revie child. God help me.

For my sins.

Ironically I had a season ticket in the 80s and first year  didn't they won the league!  Then, went to few games until they dropped to league 1 when  got a season ticket again.  Didn't renew after the last promotion as under Bates it's upper premiership prices to watch a team of free transfers and loanees while he sells off any player worth anything in order to subsidise his vanity building projects - on a ground LUFC don't own... 

Hear hear!

• Re the medical forms , I was under the impression that the medical certificate could do you for several different events in France , therefore the bit it says race name would be your own name ,

If you put -Paris marathon - it would only do you for that one race

I've already put my name into the box and now paranoia is creeping in in case I'm wrong and it should be Paris marathon in the box for race name .

Help !!!!!!
  • SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

I have actually left that box empty - I was hoping I could write in it at the expo when I can ask what they would like in it. The rest is filled out. Isn't that ok? Or must it be completely filled out?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Scott - just add the race name in too image

Today's piece of paranoia:  I am feeling far too good for this point in training.  Something will fall off tomorrow. image

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure its the race name. Your name appears a bit later in the verbage the "doctor" signs.  As your bib number goes in one box anyway, the form could only be used in the Paris Marathon.

Am I correct in summarising these meetups:

1.) Friday 3 pm -ish Expo

2.) Saturday Pasta Papas 6 pm

3.) Sunday 8 am under the Arc

4.) Sunday Cororans on the left bank - time?

Thanks

• GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

And I have something else to carry through the next 2 weeks. This is my 13th marathon. Now, I'm not superstitious, but just in case, as my first marathon was a very long time ago I'm calling Paris my 12th marathon of the modern era....image

• Thanks yer maj , I think I can just squeeze it in ( cue DLR ) the box ( oh Lordy ) image
  • ha ha race name vs runner name - if you put a bib number but no race name, then the bib could be for any race...... taper paras!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

We're worse than we were this time last year,I swear.  Chill, folks...image

• I've put Paris Marathon in the box as my name is underneath it. In France the Doc certs for running are valid for a year, I run about 4 races that need them and use one (copied) for the lot - the people looking at them, don't!! 

Still waiting for my Reg. to show up on ASO, but I've printed everything out so if I don't get that bit then tough - I will cry loudly at the Expo.  They are bound to let me in then..!

I will be at expo hopefully Fri late, or early Sat.  Won't make Pasta party as have mates coming over from UK, and Sunday 8am will be there and then at the pub, but not sure what time that will  be, will need to get those KM's done, back to hotel, shower and change.  But hopefully it won't be toooooo late. 

Done 9k today, mostly road then last two up the gorge as I'm also training for the 3Rocs on 9th May. 

Need to go and rest my head and legs now.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Good plan, Goldeagle.image

The ' name' is definitely the Race name but it's not important.  The magic words in these certificates are in the body of the thing.It's about running and competition. So, whatever's already in the box, just add Paris Marathon. Copies of the Certificate are acceptable and it's worth making a few in case you run something else within a year of its date.

I've got a sharp pain in one foot, a dull ache in some teeth ...and a flock of geese came at me this morning hissing loudly.I am in taper mode.

Dan, most of us were in the pub from about 7-ish but that was a bit late for some people so turn up anytime.There's bound to be someone around.

Onetit, I'll be at the Expo , early, on Saturday. If you're around, text me. 'Goes for anyone else in the building.

• ATM et al. I'm planning to be in the pub from about 12 midday image

• the drinks on you then Jimbob.... image

ATM will text you - assuming I have your number - is there a list going?  can you email me?

Cheers, off to read a book now, that was I will put my feet up...

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

With regards the certificate. Mine had my name at the top last year and I was a bit worried - I shouldn't have been. As ATM says, as long as it has your name, Bib number, the important wording, signature & stamp then you will be fine.

As for it lasting for a year, I saw a French competitors certificate last year and it was a proper job that covered running in any running event. I think the proforma on the site is specifically for non-French runners who don't usually need this kind of thing.