VLM Pace Team

Hello, sorry if there is already a thread on this I could not find it, but is RW going to have a Pace team at the VLM this year? If so how do I find out about it, do I need to register or anything etc? Is there somewhere which says what time the pacers will be runner at? Thank you all for your help

Comments

• SesamoidSesamoid ✭✭✭

There is limited info on it online but they are at the Expo - stand 148, I just got an email about it recently but you can just go along and see them there and you'll get sorted....

Set your pace with the RW pacing team

Pacing is a       science – start off too fast and you'll burn your glycogen levels at a       higher rate than your body can handle – leaving you struggling for energy       at the stages where you need it most.

The RW Pace Team, powered by Timex, have been offering its       services for the last 15 years. Whether you are aiming for a get-around       time or chasing that PB you just can't seem to achieve, let us take the       pressures of even pacing on our shoulders and help you reach the finish       line triumphant and more importantly on target!

Our Runner's World Pace Team will be present at the       following races offering pacing from 6.52 to 12 minute miling:

LV Brentwood Half Marathon: 24th March 2013
            Virgin London Marathon: 21st April 2013

Virgin London Marathon update

If you're racing the     Virgin London Marathon this year, come and see us at the Expo (stand no.     148) where you can pick up information on the individual pacers who will     help you around the course. Plus commit to your finish time and have your     photo taken which you can share with your friends on Facebook.

Runner's Success stories

Here is some    

• I was just going to post about this so glad I saw this post!! I am thinking following a pacer would really help me as I am guilty of going off too fast & running out of energy!! Will definately be dripping by stand 148. Thanks for the post & info!
  • Thanks for the feedback, glad it was something a few people were after, cheers
  • what are the expected finish times of the pacers? Anything between 2.45 and 3?

• Like the idea of this I to go to dam fast on race days would be great to have someone to pace to :0)
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Yasunaga wrote (see)

what are the expected finish times of the pacers? Anything between 2.45 and 3?

cowgirl668 wrote (see)
    Yasunaga I thought there were pacers groups for all abilities including "get you round"

Miggito wrote (see)

Our Runner's World Pace Team will be present at the       following races offering pacing from 6.52 to 12 minute miling:

• Come on Runners World - can you supply accurate information for the pacers for VLM 2013... the email i received this morning wasn't very informative...can you give me/us a breakdown of all the pace groups... first time I can remember that Runners World have left me looking for answers!!! normally you guys are beyond superb!!!image

• SesamoidSesamoid ✭✭✭

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/event-editorial/virgin-london-marathon-countdown/9478.html

To be fair Adam, they've got the link on the countdown on their main page? Hope the above is useful?