Rubbish weather

Comments

• Bright blue skies here this morning, Perfect for a run....

Sadly rest day for me, So I suppose I better go swimming instead

• It's a bloody Baltic wind though dave.
  • Wuss !!!

I wore shorts to walk round and get the paper at 7am... You must be getting old mate  image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

People tend to think that warm weather training is just about getting used to heat. 

More to it than that.

🙂

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    WiB wrote (see)

Shorts regardless of weather. Always. Plus jacket and gloves image

Thats purely to show off those quads of yours isnt it Wib? Nothing to do with comfort.

haha! If only.

• I run in capris and technical shirt all year round, possibly with a base layer when it's really cold.

I'm not a wimp when it come to running, I warm up really quickly,  I just don't like freezing my *rse off the rest of the time. If the fricking sun would come out it would help!

• I'm off to teh sauna to pretend I'm somewhere hot image

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    XcurlytwigX wrote (see)
    OMD lol my sweet innocent cottaging post !! I just read the link *blushing*

That has cheered me up today! I have a mountain marathon on Saturday and have just checked the forecast omg.... Added to that I have a hot water bottle on my knee as it seems to want to wimp out! I knew cottaging had another meaning but could not remember what it was! Tomorrow night I will be lying cold and miserable in a tent in a field... great. And it is my birthday. Not sure what the tenting effect has on running

• I've got some spa vouchers. I was going to go this weekend but the thought of coming out of that lovely warm, relaxing environment into the freezing cold  put me right off. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before they actually expire image  

• I normally run in Football Shorts in the warmer weather but I recently bought some actual Running shorts. And they are short! Not sure I will be wearing those. I don't want any escapees.

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    Demon Barber wrote (see)

I normally run in Football Shorts in the warmer weather but I recently bought some actual Running shorts. And they are short! Not sure I will be wearing those. I don't want any escapees.

No shorts are too short!

• Alan Partridge springs to mind. "Lyn, I've popped out".

I wear normal running trousers in the winter as well rather than those running tight thingys. They look like something from Spiderman's wardrobe, and you might as well run around with your tackle hanging out.

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    Demon Barber wrote (see)

Alan Partridge springs to mind. "Lyn, I've popped out".

I wear normal running trousers in the winter as well rather than those running tight thingys. They look like something from Spiderman's wardrobe, and you might as well run around with your tackle hanging out.

Hahaha image

• Let's face it - there's nowhere to hide in lycra. 

Does my bum look big in this?

Yes.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Good 'ol John; helped to get rid of Maggie image So he cannot be all bad. But please do not make me read that fascist rag....

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

I've got some spa vouchers. I was going to go this weekend but the thought of coming out of that lovely warm, relaxing environment into the freezing cold  put me right off. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before they actually expire image  

Spa vouchers? I'll swap them for Tesco or Sainsbury's vouchers then. I've not shopped at a Spa shop for ages. Lol. image

• I can talk for days about the weather. For us runner's it is a big consideration. It feels very cold this year and there have been more snow days than I remember in previous years.

I've just looked at my diary for the previous 2 years, and this March is much colder than the previous 2....22nd March 2011 - I was on jury service and spent lunchtimes eating sandwiches outside in the sunshine...I spent that weekend in the garden and caught a slight tan. 22nd March 2012 - had family down to stay and we visited the beach for a picnic. The weekend got hotter still and we dined al fresco on a couple of ocassions... the following 2-3 weeks remained warm and dry.

Perhaps having a crap month with weather now, means we will get a hot, dry summer? (in Wales, our last good summer was 2006). It is long, long overdue!!! Let's face it, apart from a dry spell in Feb this year the weather has been pretty dire everyday from April 2012 until now!

• Bumholes! Was looking forward to a cheeky little 10k on Sunday, been cancelled because of bloody snow.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

My race for Sunday has been cancelled. Waterlogged ground. Considering an alternative road race but snow is forecast. Harrumph. When will it end?

• More of the same at least until Tuesday according to the BBC and I don't want to depress anyone but their monthly outlook doesn't reckon it's likely to change much until around the middle of April image

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

My race wasn't cancelled imageimageimage Which is almost a bit strange because it was in the Black mountains in Wales! We looned about in snow drifts, ice-fields, mud-slides, dirt-tracks that looked like small lakes, paths that looked like streams. I was as happy as a pig in s**t! Full credit to the organisers, Might Contain Nuts for going the extra mile. They upgraded the kit list, provided weather reports and revised the route at the last minute. I bet a few organisers would have relied on their cancellation clause and gone to the pub to count their money; but not them. I am feeling a little second hand at the moment! A bit of roast lamb should sort me out image

• Sideburn.i think its easier for opff road races to go on as you don't expect perfect conditions.....

the might contain nuts are a good team though so pleased the event went wellimage

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

Sideburn.i think its easier for opff road races to go on as you don't expect perfect conditions.....

the might contain nuts are a good team though so pleased the event went wellimage

Yes; fair comment! But it still takes nerve to send marshals and competitors up into a blizzard. If it was a road course with the many moronic motorists around you would be out of your tiny mind to let people run

• I don't complain, the only thing though is that trails are waterlogged and flooded. Yesterday the stream went pouring over the bridge, had to wade in ankle deep freezing water but that happens a lot on the trails, you can't escape it if you are a trail runner like me. They said on Polish telly that really cold till the end of this week but then warming up and tney said it might even reach 18C, over there, but if it warms over there it should warm up here too hopefully.

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    acdcgirl wrote (see)

I don't complain, the only thing though is that trails are waterlogged and flooded. Yesterday the stream went pouring over the bridge, had to wade in ankle deep freezing water but that happens a lot on the trails, you can't escape it if you are a trail runner like me. They said on Polish telly that really cold till the end of this week but then warming up and tney said it might even reach 18C, over there, but if it warms over there it should warm up here too hopefully.

Poland? Sure they did not mean -18c?

• Feeling sorry for you guys back in the UK, it's been lovely here in Dubai!!