Options

Colds

This is my 3 rd bad cold in 5 months , I've had more cold in the past few months than all of my adult life .. Any advice ..Eat well

Any advice wouldbe helpfull

Comments

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Hard to say... apart from some flippant suggestons that spring to mind!

Have you been doing long mileages?  For example, I presume you know that marathon running is known to lower the immune system.

I'd say that 'sleep well' is more important than eat well... although a good diet is still important.

When I know I'm tired tired / stressed... I do take a bit more care in avoiding risks... e.g. if I shake hands with people, I do try to avoid touching my eyes/mouth for a few minutes.

• Options

Colds.... natures hidden bastards.

Have you got kids? I never used to get colds, since having our little boy I get every one going, like you i've had at least 3 in the last 6 months. I don't think there's much you can do about it except generally taking care of yourself - eating well, sleeping well, not overdoing the training to the point where you're exhausted.

• Options

Avoid people, (probably not that easy) wash hands (especially after going to icky places like the gym or public transport)

• Options

Zinc for the common cold

"beneficial in reducing the duration and severity of the common cold"

Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold

"routine vitamin C supplementation is not justified, yet vitamin C may be useful for people exposed to brief periods of severe physical exercise"

Also, wash your hands.

• Options

There have been some stinkers around for sure! I was walloped with man flu last Friday and only just about recovered. It's the second bad cold I've had in four months and I'm sure alot of it is due to the long cold winter we have had! I'm not usually a 'coldy' person!

• Options
    Great effective ways to treat common cold on commoncold.org. Works and research based