P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I rang them - they asked to email...then assured that this was being sorted out, but my number is the same. I have emailed again to see.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

and they just replied - and this is what they have said:

I will get your championship number sent through by next week, it’s because the forms were printed before your entry was upgraded.

WOOHOO! Maybe I should ask for an elite place, see what happens....

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

hmmm...much confusion now. They are asking for running club details (not a member of one); and I am trying to tell them it's a FGFA place I'm after, not a champs place. I'll keep you posted cause I know you're all gripped by this.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

5pm. They've probably gone home. Good grief.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Probably best to just ring them up again. When I entered they kept rejecting my championship application because they were confused about the difference between gun and chip time, and then forgot to send through the confirmation. Was eventually cleared up by a chat with a very pleasant young woman.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

ok. If they haven't replied by tomorrow I'll call.

• What's the blue start like then? Is it the crap one? That's where I am.
  • No the blue one is ok if you are in the first few pens, the Red one is very crowded, I am blue, you will find out when you register which pen, I would think if you put sub3 you would be in pen one/two, I should be 3/4, the last time I was on the blue start I was under the clock under 3 mins from pen 4, when I was gfa it was about 30 secs..

I did todays session on the treddy I am sick of this wind and rain, I have already decided I wont be doing it next year even if I do get gfa again

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Just seen a fairly scary forecast - would not be that surprised if wilmslow affected.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

HeOw - you sure its only 2 weeks till taper? counting weeks is NOT your strong point I recall.

Green Start for me. Think I might phone up tomorrow and blag a championship start ala 15w.image14 physically and mentally painful miles tonight. Hated every one. Deep Joy.

Forecast if it materialise is going to marmalise everyones lsr or race this weekend. A lot of people will be messing around with their first week of taper to compensate I fear.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

marmalise? What a brilliant word.

• Green start for me.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

If the snow this weekend prevents me from doing my 14 @ MP for the second week running, I will take it as an Act of God meaning I shouldn't bother.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

15 west - I  beleive its from the other end of the east lancs road - Ken dodd/scouse slang for brutalise/murder/trash etc.

See you there SR image

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

x - post  - Bet you dont Lit - bet you fit in somewhereimage

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well... but I don't want to much cos it'll be hard.

Chris, I'm in the smug bastards' bit of the blue start, but going slower than you, so don't forget to wave as you zoom past me/trample me underfoot.

• I'll come and try and hang out with you lit and the other smug bastards! No doubt you will pass me as I die at Mile 20!
  • Bit worried that the green start could be packed with slow 'celebs' and other media types.

On the other hand if Nell McAndrew is running again then can try and use her as a pace maker.
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning all - not as much snow here as predicted...still plenty of time for things to change but think Wilmslow will still be on now. Will be dry sunday but a cold wind from the east.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

I am snowed in. Office shut - day at home.

• Morning everyone, just catching up after a few days off here. Looks like everyone is still going strong. I've managed to keep up with the training this week which I'm pleased with.

Woke up on Wednesday with a really bad back pain, a bit like it is going into spasm. It feels a bit better when I get up and start moving and ibuprofen seems to settle it, I'm just a bit worried about the long run at the weekend because I can't get into the physio till next week.

My magazine arrived yesterday, I couldn't find which start I was in though, does it say on the letter?
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Mark, it's on page 43. Hope the back is okay - maybe you could just skip the long run this week; it's not like you haven't already done loads of long runs.

Snow here is wet but manageable. Though I still reserve the right NOT to run 14 miles @ mp tomorrow if there is a massive headwind blowing horizontal snow into my FACE. Grr. Like on my recovery run this morning.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

My FGFA place is sorted so I don't have to share a toilet with you plebs but can live in luxury with NP and the likes (and look on jealously at Lit).

• Ok Lit thanks, it seems ill be on the blue start!?

How did you manage that 15W?
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

Well....it's a long story but....last spring I got a sub 3.15 and as am over 40 that qualifies me for a GFA which I got. But then last autumn I went sub 3 which actually qualifies me for a FGFA place....so I upgraded, but upgrade didn't happen for some reason as number is not FGFA number, but now they have upgraded and will send a new number next week.

Not sure what to do today, maybe will run 8 or 9 miles easy is this lovely spring weather, and then just a 5 mile easy tomorrow before half on sunday.

• Cool, you've earned it anyway!

Your plan for the next few days is similar to my build for the half I did last month and I felt pretty good on the day.

Are you gonna race it flat out?
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

I am going to race it - might not really push it. Planning on running at about 6.25 to 6.30 pace. Supposed to be really windy so that might be a factor.

• Morning - absolutely no snow here image but a howling gale. Due to all manner of work related disruption I had my rest day on Wednesday and did the 4 mile recovery last night.  Therefore I am going to do the 11 MLR tonight and abandon the plan to race at parkrun tomorrow.  I'll just do 9 miles with maybe a bit at marathon pace in the middle if I feel OK.

15W - well done on the upgrade.  I'm currently in blue but expect to get a green number next week. It's good there, hardly any queue for the loo. 

Surrey - I was in green last year and I can't say I really noticed any celebs once I got going, but then I'm quite a bit slower than you.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

There will be no outdoor activity here - am I the only one whos had a deluge?  Need to find a treadmill but dont fancy 18 with 14 @ mp in a garage - that would just see me off.

• 15 is FGFA "Fucking Great For Arlbarstard"?   Yipee to not too much snow in Wilsmlow, it was coming down thick and fast in Cheshiiiireee this morning but now it is just poncey southern snow.  (i.e. not a lot). image  I am definitely sticking to my plan HOWEVER I may do the 5 miles previous then absolutely cane the 13.1 and die at the end with a 10 min PW (so, MRP). 

Men - have fun at home, I am praying kids don't get sent home from school early, I have bogs to clean in Chateau HeOw.

I did my 12 mile MLR after all (well ended up 15 miles all in all...). I found the canal that err, goes South and hit that after doing few miles on road.  Pleased to report foot is ok!