Trionium Leith Hill Half-Marathon

2»

Comments

• Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭

I've just been out marking the Leith Hill Tower part of the course with my father (81) - it's like a winter wonderland up there. Hopefully it wil freeze overnight. It'll be cracking if it does.

Mind how you go!

• No doubt it'll be a great challenge, to say the least!!! It won't be an easy one for me, with a condition called Raynaud's Syndrome, which will leave me feeling pretty cold, no matter what I wear. "Tough enough"? Ehm..... I shall find out soon enough!!!

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Goodness, have fun tomorrow everyone. It sounds like it could be a classic.
  • It's snowing heavily in Cambs now and it's not melting. I do hope that I will have a good journey down south. It would normally take 2 1/2 hours but with the weather like that it'll take much longer now. Hopefully, the roads will be clear....

• Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone on your way to the race - drive safely!

• That was good. Plenty of mud to go with the numerous hills. Not too cold as the route is sheltered by the trees until the summit, which was like an ice rink.

Well organised and marshalled, as usual, and the t shirt, cap (great design) and the breakfast were ample reward. Thanks to all involved.
  • Yes really enjoyed it - did six minutes faster than my last attempt four years ago, so well pleased. Managed not to go off to fast this time, so was able to enjoy it, especially the second half, it's nice passing people all the way to the finish. 
    Great marshalling, full of encouragement and smiles, also thanks Dr Robert for organising...

• I think (no know) that this is my favourite run. Challengly hilly, muddy, wet (some of the puddles splashed around my knees!) and a little icy. Stunning views from the Nower. Wonderfully organised, fantastically marshalled, great facilities and a cooked breakfast. What more could you ask for - oh two hay bales to hurdle on the home stretch - yep got those too! A huge thank you as always to Dr Rob and his team of marshals and helpers. See you next year!
  • Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭

You're all very welcome!