Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Slokey Joe - hope you're ok

well I cut my bike short and only did 35miles. Everything was warm apart from my toes.image. Followed up with a 4 mile run to finish the week off

• As the plan called for a 4hr bike and I only did a 3hr turbo yesterday, decided to extend my run today. Plan was for 90minites but ended up running a snowy, hilly, cold 2hrs and managed to cover 25k.

Happy halfway point fellow Finkers!
  • Umm only managed a 2 hr turbo, so much for a big training weekend. I blame the OH and his DIY. Here's the deal, I'm sat on the turbo whilst he is putting up coving and traipsing in and out and spreading plaster everywhere. The mess is so off putting that I had to get off the turbo 2 hrs early to clean it up. Then I was starving so I thought I'll have a Sarnie and then get back on the turbo. By the time I had finished my sarnie my mojo had deserted me. I did think I might get back on the turbo tonight but alas The Goonies have got in the way.
  • Planned a 4 hour ride, then weather, and couldn't quite face a 4 hour turbo, or a 2 x 2 hr turbo come to that, so swam instead and will have another try tomorrow ... image

• Brit ... 2hrs out and come in to warm up for another 2 hrs, its what all the cool kidz are doing this year image
    That or 3 out and1 in.. you get the idea

• After yesterday's MTBing my warm shower was great, then once dressed I still had that cold feeling! Warmed up much better after today's run.

• M...eldy wrote (see)

Brit ... 2hrs out and come in to warm up for another 2 hrs, its what all the cool kidz are doing this year image
    That or 3 out and1 in.. you get the idea

(If the truth be known, I'm just quite nervous about taking myself so far from home in these longer rides ... I still feel quite new to 'proper cycling' and am scared about being such a long way away, on my own. But I have to go out of the city in order to avoid stop-starting with traffic ...
    ... it doesn't help that a very seasoned rider I know has just had her elbow re-built after a fall ... erm - off to bed to HTFU, I guess image)

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

2Hr Turbo Sat and 2hr Turbo Sunday plus a 1.30 run so all done just not quite as it should have been. Must have stopped every 30 mins on the 2nd turbo session, had been banished to the kitchen and all that yummy food around me was too much of a distraction.

Weather for this weekend doesn't look to be any better.

• 4 hr ride this morning with a very slow 11 mph average, but in a savage wind which, quite frankly I feel quite pleased to have survived!

I must say, my pirate jacket did a very good job of keeping the wind out - even when my neoprene gloves and shoe covers didn't!
  • Managed 12.5 hrs last week in this weather.  Quite proud of myself image

Hour swim this morning done and a 75min interval session on the turbo this evening.

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

I would ask where is everyone but I'm going to presume you're all out training.

Really am fed up of this weather now, forecast is awful and finished this mornings run in snow flurries. I know I'm luck to be able to run and not be stuck in because of snow drifts. Although had no power at home Mon night and none at work all day yesterday so it's not been plain sailing either.

Trying not to have another wibble due to cancelled events and realising there's not that many weeks left now. Ah well fall back to the plan of keep on training and following fink and I will get there.

Hope you're all OK and coping with this horrid weather. At least next week it will be light enough to train after work... weather permitting!

• Hi AliB - I'm not out trainingimage Actually I have just been out for a 3 mile run which should have been longer, but I'm sooo tired. Am having a cut back week because I've got a half marathon on sunday but it's not quite cut back fink style. I don't think an hours cut back is enough for my old bones to notice so whereas I meant to cut back a lot more than that, I think because I'm so tired I'm going to cut back even more and hopefully have more energy an go next weekimage

• left south wales 1 am this morning and got to caravan before lunch.......it was a tad chilly and windy on the severn bridge and i got lost a couple of time.......

wanted to bail out at 65 miles but the broom car was over 3 hrs away so kept on cycling.....

total done 131 miles.......i really need a few long rides in training to get my motivation up and to get my confidence up........

i can slep now for a few hoursimage

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Bows down and takes hat off to super seren image

• Bonkers Seren, bonkers image

• Seren - what are you doing? Thought you were spending easter with your mum somewhere

• no down the caravan with the family...

thsi is the 5th time ihave cycled at night and i really love it.......

I lost my front light on a pot hole.4 am in the morning......it took me 30 secs to stop and walk back to pivk it up.and a van came from nowhere and droveover it and smashed it......couldn't believe the odds of it happening

good job i had my proper spot light light as well that lights up my way

• Seren impressivley barmy
  • Legend, Seren! Completely tapped, too. Have none of the magazines or websites done a feature on you yet? Something like "Barmy bastards who make you grin"?

• Seren, you either need certifying insane or applauding by fellow Pirates, pretty much the same thing.

Weather today has switched 4 times between blizzards and clear blue skies, wish it would make up its bloody mind so I can plan weekend ride!
  • i cycled to the caravan ast year......and then cycled the following week 80 miles home before my hwel bust on me leaving me stranded on the wrong side of the severn bridge...had to pay the £6 toll when my hubby picked me up.....

not going to cycle home next week as i have a long ride on the saturday......

but to be honest the cycle to the caravan.means i get a great long ride in before the holiday....it doesn't take any of my time away from the family holiday

as i leave in the night i arrive here about the same time as then ready to set up the awning and get the caravan filled up......

a win/ win situation

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Seren that's the most impressive bit, you do a mega bike ride by missing out on several hours sleep and then still participate fully in the family holiday that kicks of as soon as you step off the bike.

Most people would need time to rest after all that.

• seren nos wrote (see)

left south wales 1 am this morning and got to caravan before lunch.......it was a tad chilly and windy on the severn bridge and i got lost a couple of time.......

wanted to bail out at 65 miles but the broom car was over 3 hrs away so kept on cycling.....

total done 131 miles.......i really need a few long rides in training to get my motivation up and to get my confidence up........

i can slep now for a few hoursimage

We're not worthy. Glad you made it there in one piece!

• Seren well done, my hat goes off to you!

2 hour turbo Sun,3 hr turbo Monday, 2 hr turbo yesterday and an hour run today. Not quite fink but I thought some HTFU on the bike was in need!
  • Agree with all the comments above Seren, that is very motivating. When in the plan do people think the ceturary rides are best placed? I hope to do at least 3/4 and maybe 1 of them being 120 to know i have the legs.

• seren nos wrote (see)

but to be honest the cycle to the caravan.means i get a great long ride in before the holiday....it doesn't take any of my time away from the family holiday

After calling you a "barmy bastard" i have to admit that i do the same. Last summer for IMW prep I packed the family off to Abersoch in the car, then rode down 106m through Snowdonia to meet them, drove back to work, rode down 110 the Saturday after and rode home 116 the Friday after. Three century rides with minimal family aggro. And much nicer than spending three days in the car with the kids image... and the wife image